Ratings for Dr. James E. Maher

The no children policy is absurd. I'm paying you for the visit and I'm expected to go out of my way to find a babysitter. I understand there are some unruly children out there but you've forgotten some are well behaved. For someone whose profession is to take care of PREGNANT women, I would have expected you to understand that during a stressful time, searching high and low for a sitter does not help the situation.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2015

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Dr. Maher and his staff! I was referred to him because I was gestational diabetic. He was very vigilant throughout my pregnancy with weekly NSTs and sonograms. He was always very upfront and informative and he always explained everything in depth, without going"over my head". Dr. Maher always took the time to answer any question I had without making me feel inferior. In addition, his staff is amazing! Very patient, caring, and friendly. I would recommend Dr. Maher to anyone!

flag | Submitted September 18, 2014

Dr. Maher is amazing!!!! He always took the time to sit and explain every concern and complication about my pregnancy to me and my family. He was always reassuring and truly caring. After having two previous losses with another doctor, I went to him and he was able to successfully manage my complicated pregnancy!!!!! Because of his knowledge, compassion, and reassurance I have a beautiful girl today. I will forever be grateful to him, because without his medical knowledge and big heart, I would not have my miracle today!! Bless you Dr Maher!

flag | Submitted August 15, 2014

If you're looking for a caring doctor, Dr. Maher is not it. After having problems with my pregnancy and having a lot of emotional turmoil and scares, I went to see him. He was rude, short and proceeded to insult me...I needed to "go to the gym and lose" weight, he wasn't surprised I had problems because my "eggs were old"...and so on. I would avoid him at all costs. He is not empathetic or caring in the least. Absolutely no bedside manner.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2011

I traveled a great distance to use Dr. Maher because he was willing to allow me a chance at a VBAC. While I ended up with another cesarean, it wasn't for a lack of trying or support from my doctor. I will be eternally greatful to him and his staff.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2011

I can't put into words how I feel about the service that I r'cvd at every doc appt! I was very pleased and would not be where i am now without his help! I could go on and on with nothing but good things about him and his staff! tell everyone in P'cola you will not find a better doc then him!! he's not your typical OB doc that says he can do high risk pregnancy he is a high a risk pregnancy doc and has Maternal Fetal Medicine behind his name for a reason!!! NOT just OB!! that says enough right there!! anyone can place an add that states high risk preg BUT not just anyone has the letters behind their name to back it up!!!

flag | Submitted August 17, 2010

LOVE HIM. I felt 100% trustworthy of having my two difficult pregnancies in his hands. Highly reccommend him. His staff is wonderful too. They all go above and beyond to help you and be there for you.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2009

Dr. Maher is an absolute genius. He specializes in high risk pregancies in the Northwest Florida area. He is incredibly knowledgable and insightful. He spends quality time with his patients and ensures their questions are answered and any concerns are talked about. He is a very compassionate man. Best of all, he is very straightforth and provides information in a very direct manner which is very refreshing. He also makes medical terminology easy to understand. His staff are also very knowledgable and caring. They return phone calls very quickly. Dr. Maher is a brilliant doctor and I highly recommend him to everyone!!!

flag | Submitted October 15, 2007

Dr. James E. Maher's Credentials

• Medical College Of Georgia (Grad. 1987)