Ratings for Dr. Barry J. Uldrikson

Went to this dentist for a few years in Sacramento in the 1980's. He was barely competent then and from the reviews I've read, he has not gotten any better. He saw me on a weekend for an emergency root canal and talked the whole time about what an inconvenience it was and how expensive it would be since he had to come in from home. He made me wait for the second appointment, to put the crown over the tooth, for one month. By then, the tooth had broken in half and had to be removed. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and took my young daughter to him for her first visit to the dentist. She was scared and began to whimper. He told me to leave the room. As a started to go, he put his hand over her mouth and gruffly told her to be quiet! I left and never went back. I'm surprised he still has a license. Avoid this man.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2017

What ever you do.....do NOT go to this man. He took pleasure in hurting me. Never introduced himself....wore his mask......very impatient.....didn't give me instructions of what to do after he opened up my gumline and drilled & scraped bone fragments from my jaw. He didn't wait for the novocaine to kick in. 6 shots of novocaine and 1 shot of demerol( in my gum) and 3 hours later.....he was finished and disappeared. His assistant was very rushed in telling me instructions on how to care for the sutures. All this after waiting an hour and a half to see him. I should have walked out.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2016

I had a good exp with them........................

flag | Submitted February 23, 2015

You sometimes have a long wait. But dental work competent. Quick scheduling emergency appointments. Improvement in Dental Associates & staff.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2014

I went to this dentist to have a cleaning and x-rays done. After waiting for over an hour to be taken back for the x-rays, once the x-rays were done, they took me back to the waiting room to wait for the cleaning only to find out a patient that arrived after me was taken back for a cleaning right after they sent me back to the waiting room to wait for my cleaning. Went back a week later to have fillings done, the dentist came in after waiting an hour, didn't say anything to me and stuck me with a needle without warning (numbing) which I might add was pretty painful. Left and after an hour came back and started to do work...only to have the numbing have already worn off. I would not recommend this dentist at all and will not return. I now have to go to another dentist to "fix" whatever Uldrikson did wrong on the teeth that didn't hurt before going to this dentist but hurt now.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2013

I will make a comment but it will not be detailed or POLITE... I saw Barry Uldrickson (should be asshamed to have Dr. in front of his name), about 3 years ago when i first moved to kingman. The most painful, unfriendly, dentist i have ever sat in front of in my entire life. I needed a extraction a simple extraction. I would have rather gave birth to my son all over again! DO NOT GO SEE THIS GUY! I promise that what i am saying is true and by the comments before mine i am not alone. I am 49 years old and have lots of dental work, (a bridge, extractions, root canals, implants etc. I HONESTLY can say that the one and only extraction that Barry Uldrikson did was the most painful expeirence i have ever, EVER had while sitting in a dentist chair. I by ALL means do NOT recommend this man, and if you choose to go to him all i can say is: I TOLD YOU SO. I call him Barry Uldrickson because Dr. in front of his name is a insult to all the legitimate dentist and doctors out there.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2013

I can't believe how rude, unprofessional,and uncaring this dental practice is. My advice is don't go their. I have never in my life been humiliated like this before.won't be back

flag | Submitted May 4, 2013

Never in my life have I experienced such disregard as a human being in need of help. After waiting over an hour for my appointed time, I was led back to the chair to wait another half hour. I expected a hello from the dentist and to discuss my problem. I had bone fragments coming through my gums that needed removal. He came up behind me and shoved instruments in my mouth. Then looked for 3 seconds at my xrays and then applied gel to numb my gums for the shot. Or should I say 6 shots!!. He didn't let the shots to take affect to start drilling and scraping and cutting. One more shot and this time demorol and he continued the torture. He was impatient and upset with me!! 12stitches a script for pain was his way of saying goodbye. I drove home after sitting in the lobby for a half hour still in severe pain and I think shock too. I now go to a wonderful caring human being of a dentist. Even though he's fantastic.I am traumatized by my torture from dr. Uldrickson.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2013

My husban went to him with hop of feeling better after leaving. He pulld his wisdom tooth,and 2 month later, he still is in pain and has nurve damage. He is trying to charge him for 5 crowns and 7 fillings which we found out he does't even need!

flag | Submitted November 13, 2012

I reviewed all the comments below before I am writing mine.Unfortunately, the office does not improve at all. I have been to Dr. Uldrikson several times. Lots of bad experience happened to me. At beginning I gave the benefit of doubt, so I still went there because I am stuck with my insurance policy. Now I CANNOT take it anymore. The following are what I experienced - 1.Dr. Uldrikson was unfriendly. He kept chatting with his assistant when doing the filling on me, and he did it just like fixing a car without any caring. After I came back home I found he even cut a little piece of my gums. 2.the attitude of the staff sucks. At beginning they seemed to be very nice to you. After the doctor made some work in your mouth, they changed their attitude very fast. They started to be very hostile and made you feel like they are afraid you would never pay them back. 3.There was one time the staff did not inform me ahead that some work cost extra money. 4.Unprofessional: both the staff and doctor!

flag | Submitted October 23, 2012