Ratings for Dr. Francis Tomlinson

I recently had a craniotomy to the centre of my brain by Dr Tomlinson at the Wesley hospital. I cannot stress enough how amazing he and his team are, and what a fantastic job they've done. Each scan I had done for the removal of an extremely rare cyst showed more and more issues, and yet after the surgery I have had no complications whatsoever, and it was expected that I would wake up with no memory of my life prior to surgery. I have recovered extremely quickly considering, and was pleasantly surprised by the cost of the surgery as I was expecting it to be more than $20k given the rarity and complexity of what he had to do. I think it is safe to say that if I had any other doctor do this surgery, I would have either not woken up or have had no memory of life before, so I cannot recommend him enough. If you are having any kind of neurosurgery, Dr Tomlinson is who you want on your team.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2017

Recently had spinal surgery with Frank and his team at St Andrews WM and I cannot praise Frank and his team more, and the excellent staff at SAWM. They were fantastic, very considerate to my needs. The members of his surgical team introduced themselves, explained their role in the surgery, answered all of my questions regarding the surgery. Frank is very straight forward, answered all my questions, was very knowledgeable, and I am recovering well. His staff have responded to all my queries quickly . Special mention to Dr Tomas and Dr Campbell who were also excellent doctors on Franks team. All of the SAWM staff spoke VERY highly of Frank as a surgeon and clinician. Yes he was running a little late for his appointments times and the surgery. But surgeries run over time (as did mine by a couple of hours) and so do appointments so we can all be a little more tolerant of this. I highly recommend Dr Francis Tomlinson .

flag | Submitted August 1, 2017

A old style doctor who treats his patient with respect and dignity,willing to listen with my worries.save my life.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2017

Words cannot explain how grateful I am to Dr Tomlinson. Frank has saved my life twice now and I wouldn’t put my head into the hands of anyone else. I was 22 years old when Dr Tomlinson first operated on me to remove a brain tumour. While recovering from my second brain surgery, he came to visit me everyday in ICU and the Neuro ward. He has never made me feel silly for asking a million and one questions, and he genuinely takes an interest and cares. When I was having a down day in hospital, he sat by me and had a good chat to me about the latest trash mag gossip - something so little he did to take my mind off things, but meant a lot to me. Dr Tomlinson is truly one in a million and I am forever grateful for everything he has done for me and continues to do for me. I wouldn’t ever hesitate recommending Frank, and his right hand, Vivien.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017

Excellent surgeon. Very experienced, first class i would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2017

I had emergency surgery done by this man about 20 years ago as my regular surgeon wasnt available. An awful experience from start to finish. He is chauvinistic and arrogant and he over-charges to the extreme. He wouldnt talk to me as the patient after surgery either. He'd done his cutting and that was it.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2017

Dr Francis Tomlinson saved my life and the lives of many I know. In no way shape or form is he arrogant. NO way shape or form. I took the effort to get to know him and he's one of the most beautiful souls out there. He can be quiet and a man of few words so I can understand why some may find him arrogant. Of course a surgeon can run late... you think they know down to the minute when their previous appointment/surgery is going to finish?? I highly rate Tomlinson and his team.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2017

Amazing Doctor. If people aren't cracking jokes and jovial perhaps they may be shy. Look deeper and discover a genuinely wonderful kind man. Money hungry? Ask the people who have been helped and have not paid a gap or have been bulk billed. Would trust Dr. Frank Tomlinson totally. He has shared his knowledge and we are lucky that we have so many skilled Surgeons as a result. A humble man who is definitely the furthest thing from arrogant I have ever seen.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2016

Consistently running an hour behind. Knowledgeable doctor, but slightly knife happy and arrogant.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2016

Yes, Dr Tomlison isn't cheap but there's payment plans if you're needing it and considering how much pain I was in and now pain free, the cost involved is secondary compared to the relief I feel knowing the pain is gone. Dr Frank can be a little late for appointments and drop by your bed late at night but it's not because he's inconsiderate or uncaring. Critics need to remember that good doctors become popular and are in demand! Dr Tomlison does his best to see everyone and give them all the time they need in a consult. He operated on my brother as well and we both agree that we were fortunate to have the best of the best in our corner!

flag | Submitted May 20, 2016