Ratings for Dr. Mika M. King

Dr. King is an amazing physician and super supportive of natural deliveries! She always encouraged me through both my pregnancies. My son loves her as well! She also has a deep faith which she is not afriad to display-- my husband and I absolutely love that about her! Nothing negative to say about her

flag | Submitted July 8, 2016

Had a bad experience with her ..initially really liked her..I am usually stressed about seeing a new gynecologist ..my prior had moved out of state.. Initial visit felt comfortable..hate initial interview process due to having to address past trauma in questions regarding history..nurse handling this at first visit was very respectful ..at a subsequent visit they had a nurse ask all initial questions again and I was unprepared to have to go through this..this nurse was insensitive and indiscreet ..asking personal questions in a non private setting.. When I asked dr king why I was put through this questioning I was told they were changing their data program....she seemed clueless the interview process might be difficult for patients..if you want to change programs do your own data transfer..any gynecologist who does not realize women may have trauma in their history is scary..her handling of it made the matter worse to the point of me leaving her as a patient ..I asked for a copy of my former doctor's records as it was my only copy and she had moved out of state..their office sent my entire record ( which I had not asked for ) OUT OF THE OFFICE to be copied by a third party..wow..so much for confidentiality..my trust could not have been more violated..have not seen another gynecologist since..traumatized by my experience here.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2016

I never leave comments about anyone usually but I feel the need to leave one today! Dr. King has been my ob gyn doctor for 8 years. This woman is caring and compassionate. She delivered my first baby by csection and she did an amazing job! My scar is barely noticeable and the bedside care she gave throughout it all was perfect! My second pregnancy was a miscarriage and she cried with me... She felt the loss just as much as I did and showed how much she cares for her patients and their born and unborn!!! My third and fourth pregnancies were successful vbacs she cancelled her hair appt the day she delivered our second child which shows that she really loves what she does!!! She celebrates with her patients she cries with her patients she cares for her patients! I highly recommend Dr Mika King!

flag | Submitted July 28, 2015

I love Dr King and her staff. Always so easy to talk to. Answers all your questions. Returns your calls. I've been her patient for over 9 years and would not change OB dr

flag | Submitted September 29, 2014

Excellent doctor! I never wait long when I have appointments and the staff returns phone calls pretty quickly when you need to speak with someone. If you have an emergency they fit you in that day, they have never made me wait multiple days like some doctors. I have had Dr. king as my doctor, for the past 8 years, and never once has she made me uncomfortable or ashamed for asking a question. She always explains things in a manner which is easy to understand and reassures you if there is a problem. I would and do recommend her as my number one choice every time!!

flag | Submitted August 28, 2014

Dr. King made me feel shamed for my sexual history and treated me as though I was uneducated and irresponsible, although I was asking to be tested. I have never been more uncomfortable in my life. The office also changed one of my appointments without my knowledge (or allowed my mother to change it without my consent, which should only go through ME to begin with). I drove in from out of town for my appointment, was told of the appointment change, and they refused to see me. All I received for the hour and a half drive was a prescription to my old birth control that I wanted to be taken off of, which was the main goal of my visit on top of other things. I am switching doctors immediately.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2014

I absolutely love Dr. King! I always recommend her as my number 1 choice! On pregnancy #2 and she has never made me feel stupid for asking questions or having concerns( unlike some doctors). She is very compassionate and attentive. She is not afraid to refer you out to a specialist if a second opinion is need. I have absolutely not 1 thing negative to say about her!

flag | Submitted October 21, 2013

Dr. King is the best. She is always very helpful and very concerned for her patients. She listens and answers my questions thoroughly. Her nurses are very helpful and friendly as well. I would recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2012

Rushed through pre-natal appointments, Poor attention to detail, seemed lazy did not answer questions.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2011

It was a great first-time experience! I was very nervous and she alleviated all my fears and I feel very comfortable going back.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2010

Dr. Mika M. King's Credentials

• Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans (Grad. 1998)