Ratings for Dr. Luis Vacaflor

Wonderful doctor, has a great sense of humour which helps in this field.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2017

Very good and perceptive analyst! worked on the schizophrenia of my daughter and very shortly enabled her to fight her voices and become a better integrated person. Invaluable, He is also very sweet and caring, from my daughter's perspective, and thus gained her trust and built her confidence. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2017

I just had my first visit with Dr. Luis Vacaflor. I was having some doubt before the visit because I thought he would not understand me. But like the other reviewers said, he is very kind, gentle, and understanding. He doesn't judge me, he would just listen and diagnose me patiently. I already feel better after my first visit, I feel that I am getting somewhere and having hope to recover from my depression.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017

Very kind, patient, understanding and gentle. Easy to open up to and very down to earth. Trustworthy and without mentioning anything I felt he Confidentially and compassion.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2015

Like all the psychiatrists Ive met, they all seem interested in treating the over studied "schizophrenia" but will over look anything remotely near to being obsessive compulsive. I have yet to be diagnosed Obsessive Compulsive and had to treat it myself with cognitive behavioural therapy on my own. Which is what has made me want to become a psychologist to treat OCD and other neurosis. I dont trust the competancy of the montreal south shore regions mental health profession. oh yes I suffer psychosis, but they dont know OCD if it bit them on the nose. "magical thinking???" I think not. Ive been to see around 18 doctors, and one psychologist, who never really gave my claims to have ocd any consideration or it taken seriously. This doctor, and others in the montreal General, the royal victoria, st. jeans hospital in haut richelieu, do not know how to diagnose OCD. Do not know how to detect it. and do not take it seriously. They have even transfered some doctors to the douglas.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2010

This doctor made the singular most contribution to my mental well being ever. 15 years later I am grateful to be alive and owe much of this to him. Compassionate, humorous and knowledgeable, he is a gentle soul who truly loves his work.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2009

This is a doctor who used Electric Shock Therapy after over-medicating me, which was what was making me feel unwell in the first place. It is, of course, not just a problem with this physician, but with institutional psychiatry as a whole at this time.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2009

Saved my life. A caring,intelligent man with a great outlook and sence of humour. God must have sent me to him to be cured outherwise I don't know where I would be now. If you read this, Dr. Vacaflor, thank-you again. fr:patient1000000&1

flag | Submitted May 8, 2009

Helped me over a three year period, practical, positive outlook & patient - very important with persistent emotional problems. Trustworthy and good sense of humour!

flag | Submitted March 4, 2008

Generally for all Drs and OCD.I've encountered Hopital Haut Richelieu, only 1 psychologist available(sexologist)before the M.G.H. & the Royal Victoria in thier psych emergency for a 2nd opinion. I fought my psychosis diagnosis since I came to be treated by these Dr's;I do notice & accept my S-A.D(BUT ONLY NOW),for my OCD finally being effectively,minorly meded which helped me self-cbt myself right;NOTE:they all dismissed my complaint of having OCD as "magic thoughts" or down-played it.Even my total admittance to a dr at the royal vic' of having OCD since 9,was dismissed & was told I was ONLY suffering a psychosis;(even with a self-help CBT book in my hands that was also an intensive study on cases too of others with ocd which I could indentify with in every story).It seems psychosis is their only priority,& OCD is their ignorance.RX=:Re-education on illnesses & meds,help for arrogance,& listen & follow thru testing a patient for a complaint. How can they already know anything until?

flag | Submitted October 13, 2007