Ratings for Dr. Luis Vacaflor

Luis Vacaflor is not only a doctor but a saint...He is a real old school doctor who is not in a rush to see more patients but takes his time with the ones he sees to really help them Next to his top medical knowledge he has compassion, trying to find the roots of the problem of his patients by taking all his time, with kindness and even humour Pls doctor, don't retire - we need you

flag | Submitted November 1, 2017

I remember Dr. Vacaflor from 1964, when I was a student psychiatric nurse at Riverview hospital, Essondale, B. C. He had a Studebaker car which he had had for many years. I am still an RPN in private practice. maiden name, Bergh, which he pronounced Bairg. - Nanaimo, B. C. Canada.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2017

Wonderful doctor, has a great sense of humour which helps in this field.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2017

Very good and perceptive analyst! worked on the schizophrenia of my daughter and very shortly enabled her to fight her voices and become a better integrated person. Invaluable, He is also very sweet and caring, from my daughter's perspective, and thus gained her trust and built her confidence. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2017

I just had my first visit with Dr. Luis Vacaflor. I was having some doubt before the visit because I thought he would not understand me. But like the other reviewers said, he is very kind, gentle, and understanding. He doesn't judge me, he would just listen and diagnose me patiently. I already feel better after my first visit, I feel that I am getting somewhere and having hope to recover from my depression.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017

Very kind, patient, understanding and gentle. Easy to open up to and very down to earth. Trustworthy and without mentioning anything I felt he Confidentially and compassion.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2015

Like all the psychiatrists Ive met, they all seem interested in treating the over studied "schizophrenia" but will over look anything remotely near to being obsessive compulsive. I have yet to be diagnosed Obsessive Compulsive and had to treat it myself with cognitive behavioural therapy on my own. Which is what has made me want to become a psychologist to treat OCD and other neurosis. I dont trust the competancy of the montreal south shore regions mental health profession. oh yes I suffer psychosis, but they dont know OCD if it bit them on the nose. "magical thinking???" I think not. Ive been to see around 18 doctors, and one psychologist, who never really gave my claims to have ocd any consideration or it taken seriously. This doctor, and others in the montreal General, the royal victoria, st. jeans hospital in haut richelieu, do not know how to diagnose OCD. Do not know how to detect it. and do not take it seriously. They have even transfered some doctors to the douglas.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2010

This doctor made the singular most contribution to my mental well being ever. 15 years later I am grateful to be alive and owe much of this to him. Compassionate, humorous and knowledgeable, he is a gentle soul who truly loves his work.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2009

This is a doctor who used Electric Shock Therapy after over-medicating me, which was what was making me feel unwell in the first place. It is, of course, not just a problem with this physician, but with institutional psychiatry as a whole at this time.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2009

Saved my life. A caring,intelligent man with a great outlook and sence of humour. God must have sent me to him to be cured outherwise I don't know where I would be now. If you read this, Dr. Vacaflor, thank-you again. fr:patient1000000&1

flag | Submitted May 8, 2009