Ratings for Dr. Barbara Vari

Based on a referral, Dr. Vari became my personal physician 15 years ago. I keep telling her she can't retire, because I don't believe I will ever find another stellar physician like her again. I feel wholly confident that she will get to the bottom of whatever ailment or concerning symptoms I might have. She has never made me feel less than, is the most humble doctor I've met (I've worked in various hospitals 10+ years) and she will throw everything she has and knows towards finding the best specialist or remedy to apply to the problem. Empathy is a quality that many physicians lack - but Dr. Vari excels in listening and takes great care in making me feel that I've been heard. I am also grateful that she is affiliated with St. Michael's hospital - because I have nothing but the highest regard for the professionals she has referred me to, there.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2017

I am sorry to be a party pooper but I have different opinion about her. I am not a Doctor to judge her from technical aspect but it became obvious to me that she doesn’t care in her hart as a real doctor need to care for her patient! I've been seeing Dr. Vari for about 5 years . She was reasonable in most of our visits which were not really serious and minor except my last visit , she didn't seems to be reasonable or caring as you would expect from your Doctor! You trust your life to your family Doctor and expect to receive a fair treatment as a respond and as a human being anyway……. You would expect your Doctor to take her or his patient issue seriously and do not avoid patients phone calls or request and needs. She didn’t even bothered to return my call after her vacation ( which seems to be often) and or personally get involve with arranging an specialist appointment prior to my surgery for a second opinion. She thought that this is not urgent matter and important for her to take the time and do so ?!!!!! When I have asked her Staff about the records of their fax communications to escalate my specialist appointment , she was talking about how long that she was in the business and other fluffs…. And Dr. Vari supported her not her patient . Once I met with Dr. Vari for my next check up , she was offering me to find alternative Doctor and was fully supportive of her staff whom they thought my request is very rude!!!! Someone need to remind them if there is no happy patient , there is no business for them and they can be replaced . When you are coming to work you need to check your attitude at the door and You know what if your time is more important to spend for me as your patient , your are useless to me. Not backing up your Staff whom has no proof of their saying and not avoid patients call and telling your long time patient that he should find a new family doctor as suppose to fixing your mistakes from your Family Doctor…..might be too much to ask. I guess.

Submitted November 24, 2016

I've been seeing Dr. Vari for over 20 years. She is the consummate professional and yet, is the most humane doctor I've ever met. I respect her greatly, for her knowledge, her attention to detail and her determination to get to the bottom of any given ailment or symptom. Her link with St. Michael's Hospital is also much appreciated and through her referrals, I have been privvy to other stellar medicos. I lucked out with Dr. Vari.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2016

I am fortunate to have Dr Vari as my family doctor. She has saved my life by her listening to my symptoms which I thought were trivial and referring me to Dr Irvine for an endoscopy. Turned out I had a rare stomach cancer and underwent a total gastrectomy. She has called me at home to advise me when I need new prescriptions. A very caring doctor who actually listens. I am grateful to have her in my corner.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2014

My experience has not been a positive one. Dr. Vari has always kept me waiting, even when I'm the first appointment of the day, and sometimes for hours. She never has reviewed my chart or knows why I'm there, and has made very insensitive comments about my weight and marital status. I am looking for a new doctor.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2014

Dr. Barbara Vari is the BEST. Been going to her since 2000. Admin staff in the office may say she is fully booked but when you walk in and Dr. vari notices you, no matter what, she will take you on. She is very detailed, very approachable with any concerns, never brushes you off. I drive from Ajax to come see her. When I moved from Toronto she suggested I see someone closer to home rather then drive all this way to downtown especially with a newborn baby, nope-never-won't-have-it, I would drive across Ontario to see her and no one else. Dr. Vari, Thanks for always listening and taken good care of me :) xoxo Louise Schell

flag | Submitted July 30, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Vari for 15 years. Most of my family members are. Dr.Vari is very detailed in everything she does which makes you as the patient know that you are in knowledgable hands. She is incredible.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Vari for a lot of years. She used to keep me waiting quite a while, but she also never rushed me, so I don't mind. The wait time is less during the last year or so. She is a very caring and knowledgable Doctor. I trust her completely. Never makes me feel my concerns are trivial (sometimes they are).. Best doctor ever.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2013

I am very fortunate to have Dr Vari as my physician. She listens, she is caring, addresses all issues seriously. Is affiliated with St. Michael's hospital which has proved to be wonderful for all routine specialist checkups.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2012

She is absolutely amazing! She is empathetic, compassionate and truly wonderful. I am very lucky to have her as my family doctor :)

flag | Submitted March 28, 2012