Ratings for Dr. Marlon Brooks

I have had this Dr for 10 years, he is a good doctor, could be a little more caring. doctors take on too many patients. Yes, the front desk is unfriendly, but his both nurses, Pam/is amazing, and Raffy, is extremely nice. Unfortunaetly, the wait time is long, has gotten a little better. The short time I knew Dr. Advani, she was good/knowledgeable.The surgery the Dr. performed, was a good experience, though I had to wait for the Dr to arrive. I would certianly recommend Dr. Brooks to friends and family.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2014

I was told to visit the Dr to go over my history would cost me 350. I waited almost a hour then got to meet the Dr but time was much shorter then my wait time. I was not given any words to ease my concern and staff was rude and concerned on the $ for my appt even before I walked in. I paid cash because I was between jobs and would pay good $ for the right Dr. I had a miscarriage and worried on my health of myself and future kids. That was in 08~I moved to nevada after that,for a new job in that time (2yrs)I had 2 more miscarriages with no advice given prior from the nice but unknowledgeable but gained my own knowledge to look better. I choose to come back to cali closer to fam but having to leave the Dr that I just found there in hopes to find a Dr with proper referrals and knowledge of caring for PT's of M/C here in Cali! Please follow your gut feeling with first visit and hope the best is to come.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2012

I actually felt that his staff was very nice and caring, especially Rose, but I have to agree with the disorganized part. And definitely long wait times. My two biggest gripes: 1. His partner doctor, Advani, I appreciated for being involved with me and concerned, but I now feel that she was too alarmist. I am a small girl and couldnt gain much weight while pregnant, and she had me see a nutritionist and jump through lots of hoops, causing me undue stress. I left a few appointments crying. She never once mentioned that it might have been genetics or just because I'm small; she acted like I was keeping the weight off on purpose, no matter what I told her. And 2. During my induction, Dr. Brooks said he would come back before he left that evening to break my water; he didn't come back until the next morning. They just turned the pitocin off and made me sleep there; so uncomfortable. If Dr. Brooks had been more attentive and broken my water sooner, my birth would have been so much easier.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2012

Waits are too long (45min-1 1/2hr). After seeing 3 other doctors throughout pregnancy in the same office, my wife wanted to make sure HE would be her doctor for the delivery. He insisted he would deliver her baby. We just found out (at 37 weeks) he was going on vacation exactly the time of my wife's due date. He didn't even tell us... the staff did!

flag | Submitted July 18, 2011

The receptionist in the Santa Clarita office, Lisa, is not nice, barely helpful and acts like you are bothering her by being there. She rarely smles or makes eye contact. Dr Brooks is a good doctor but the staff: bad!

flag | Submitted April 28, 2011

Be prepared for extremely rude staff. Expect a very long wait in the waiting room of at least one hour plus each time you come, and only 5-10 minutes with Dr Brooks. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2009

Super, he is been my doctor for 12 years. He has always been there for me with care and information, even pamplhets or books. He is now a friend and everybody that becomes his patient can say the same thing. Dr. Brooks rocks!

flag | Submitted May 3, 2009

really nice doctor and staff. if you come to your appointment prepared with questions, he will take all the time needed to answer them. pam, his r.n., is super knowledgeable and very responsive. would recommend him to a friend without hesitation.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2008

i happento disagree, my experience was wonderful..he has been in pratice a very long time,he's wait time was not anywhere near hour...his nursing staff was very sweet and helpful,he might not have a ultrasound machine in office,i didn't mind being referred out...so maybe those other people are way to needed

flag | Submitted February 28, 2008

I ended up switching to a midwife at 35 weeks because of the inadequate care I received from Dr. Brooks and his staff at the Santa Clarita office. The staff members are rude, unorganized and called me by the wrong name at every visit. I never waited less than one hour for an appointment and would get barely 5 minutes with the doctor. Thank God for the availability of the midwife that I used because I was having nightmares about Dr. Brooks delivering my baby!

flag | Submitted May 24, 2007

Dr. Marlon Brooks's Credentials

• University Of Utah School Of Medicine (Grad. 1985)

Top Hospitals in Granada Hills, CA