Ratings for Dr. Gerard A. Engh

I had double knee replacement 18 months ago. Even taking into consideration that the results vary and that not everyone has pain totally resolved, they botched my job. Left knee is deformed, knock-kneed, and loose horizontally resulting in pain when I go upstairs or when I get up from a seated position. Right knee is unstable, buckles many time during the day (and buckled 10 days after surgery, requiring a second surgery to repair soft tissue). The condition of both knees has an impact on my quality of life and limits some activities that I can do. I am now facing either another round of surgeries, or a limited quality of life. I am extremely dissatisfied.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2013

Pre-Op and Post-Op sessions with Dr. Gerry were wonderful. I knew what to expect and how to set realistic goals for recovery. The results were better than I could have imagined. It's as though I never had a problem - with a total new knee.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2012

I had knee replacement a year ago and I still have lot of pain I went to see the dr. He said he can not do anything he does not know why I am having pain you can go and see some other dr. That was very unprofessional

flag | Submitted August 24, 2011

I am an RN and had a partial knee replacement 5 months ago by Dr Gerard Engh. Believe me I did my research and Dr Engh and the Anderson Clinic where he practices is the BEST! Dr Gerry Engh specializes in knee replacement. I cannot say enough good things about him. I am totally satisfied with my results. I am walking all over and enjoying life due to his expertise. The office staff is great. The staff at INOVA Mt Vernon Hospital where he does surgery is great. The Hospital has an entire unit dedicated to only joint replacement patients. The nursing staff on the unit is extremely competent. If you need knee replacement surgery you will have the best physician with Dr Engh. I just turned 65 and am so grateful for the expert care that I have received.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2011

The best experience you will have with any Doctor and any Office. It is a very well run office, with a great caring staff, and the best Doctor you will ever meet. My husband and I have both had knee replacements. And came away feeling great. Dr. Engh is the most helpful, knowledgeable, kindest Doctor I have ever had. Just cannot say enough about him. He had me at "Hello".

flag | Submitted February 22, 2010

It's been 5 years. I had both knees done at the same time (partial knee replacement) Dr. Engh gave me back my life! 2 mos. after surgery, I was walking on the sand at the beach. 6 mos. later I climbed a "small" mountain in N.C. One year later I saw every inch of Disneyworld in 3 days...walking! And, we just back back from Athens where I climbed to the Acropolis without even a smidgen of pain! Also hiked thru Ephesis and walked miles on this trip. Before my surgery, I couldn't even walk around the block! Maybe I've just been lucky, but I also feel that Dr. Engh is the best if you want knee replacement.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2009

The entire process from the first visit at the Anderson Clinic through discharge after surgery has been absolutely first class. They describe every step of the process, and it happens just as described. I would recommend "Dr. Jerry" and the Anderson Clinic at Inova Mt. Vernon to anyone considering a joint replacement. I hope I don't need to have the other knee done anytime soon, but if I do, it will be by Dr Engh.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2009

Great staff...great office...great experience. Dr Engh is the all around best Doctor. He takes his time. He shows concern for you and your recovery.His organization is run like a well oiled wheel. If you have to go through a knee replacement....this is the place of you.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2009

Dr. Gerard Engh specializes in Knee replacement surgery. He is friendly, knowledgeable, and has lots of experience in his field. Nice bedside manner. A very competent MD with an excellent surgical staff. Highly recommend!

flag | Submitted October 12, 2007

Dr. Gerard A. Engh's Credentials

• University Of Virginia School Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)

MVP Health