Ratings for Dr. Fred C. Fowler

I don't really know what to think of him. Every time my husband needed him while in the hospital, Dr. Fowler was call in by the hospital doctors but would not show up until a day or two later. As the results of my husband's last visit....Dr. Fowler was called in......he showed up the following evening.......30 minutes before my husband passed away. I am still in shock! You would expect that a specialist would be there for his patient. Especially in an emergency. Dr.Fowler seemed rushed all the time, always looking at his watch. I thought at first that he was very caring but found out through the office visits and my husband's hospital admissions and finally the loss of my husband, that he didn't care enough to come when he was needed. I wouldn't recommend him to anyone!

flag | Submitted June 25, 2015

Dr.Fowler is an excellent doctor who takes the time to speak with his patients and answer all questions without rushing through the appointment - not a common trait these days. He and his staff were courteous and friendly and I was very at ease throughout the entire diagnostic process. Highly recommended!

flag | Submitted January 21, 2014

I cannot recommend DR. Fowler enough, he was there every time my family and myself needed him. Very knowledgeable and friendly too!

flag | Submitted January 18, 2010

Dr. Fowler was a wonderful doctor who really helped me feel better. He quickly diagnosed my problem, which several other doctors had missed and provided me with important information to help me keep my now healthy life. I would recommend him to anyone needing a gastroenterologist.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2010

this man caused me to suffer with a bad gallbladder for almost a year.he doesn't listen to your symptoms and treats you as if you don't know your own body.when he "cared" for me in the hospital,he acted as if i should have no say in my treatment.he always got to hospital very late in the evenings and would try to rush through any kind of doctor/patient contact.i do not feel that a gastroenterologist should miss a diagnosis like gallbladder attacks,and had he actually listened to me, i would not have suffered for so long.by the time i had it removed,it was covered with scar tissue and my pain resolved immediately.i would never recommend him to anyone,not even my worst enemy deserves to be treated as i was.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2009

Dr. Fowler was there for my family every step of the way when we needed him most. He a very caring, considerate, knowledgable gentleman who shows great compassion for his patients. His staff is always smiling and helpful. I would highly recommend this fine doctor to anyone.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2007

Dr. Fred C. Fowler's Credentials

• Bowman Gray Sch Of Med Of Wake Forest Univ, Winston-Salem Nc 27157 (Grad. 1986)