Ratings for Dr. Ann A. Bahrani

She seemed to be hard of hearing and was forgetful about important information. I had to repeat the information twice, lean in closer, and repeat things louder. As a professional who has done psychiatry for 60 years, I expected someone who did not jump to conclusion from first intake. When she made a conclusion, she talked over me and doesn't listen. I think it is her time to retire and leave it to the younger generations to do the practice.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2017

Dr. Bahrani is exceptionally competent. She diagnosed my condition quickly and prescribed a therapy which has been successful. prior to seeing Dr. Bahrani, my condition had been inadequately diagnosed and improperly treated for years. I understand her professional role is to provide drug therapy to allow me a chance at reasonable mental health. I must be responsible to live out the cognitive therapy I receive. I do that andthe result has been good.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2014

Dr. Bahrani went on vacation and I was denied my medication. Her secretary wouldn't even refer me to another doctor to get help. I was forced to go cold turkey. I have left messages at her office, have they called...haha no. I am now going through withdrawals and I feel like crap. Don't waste your time with this office. They are cold and uncaring.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2012

She threw me out of her office when I told her I need to access the Patient Assistance Program as I could not afford my meds. She told me, "You want special treatment. We don't do that here. Everyone is treated the same. You go somewhere else. I will NOT do any Patient Assistance. You need to leave right now. I will not charge you for the appointment. You find someone else." My appoint abruptly ended as I was thrown out for asking for Patient Assistance which is routine in other offices, but not hers. Never mind that I can not afford my meds. Who cares? There was NO compassion. There was NO sympathy. There was NO empathy. She was cold, unfeeling, angry, confrontational, abrupt, controlling, caustic, insulting and rude as hell. She is from Bahrain in the Middle East. She is NOT an American. This explains some of her attitude. She feels she is superior to her patients. She is very haughty and arrogant. I wish I could rate her -10.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2012

I have seen Dr. Bahrani for a while now, but she seems to be retiring. She is certainly a bit difficult, and does go on about payment a lot. She was judgmental about my weight. She is overall not a terrible doctor, but not one I would highly recommend either.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2011

Starts talking about money a lot even with health insurance. Asked me like 5 times about payment. No other doctor ever does that. If i have health insurance, the payment issue ends there. Other than that appeared to be good.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2010

Thick accent makes communication difficult. Charged for thereputic hour long sessions, even for fifteen minute medication check appointments. Was very rude to me on the phone when I called regarding side effects of my medication. Was very rude to my pharmacist. Overall, very unprofessional. Worst doctor experience of my life. Unprofessional and unethical.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2010

Oct. 2009 visit: I'm a 50's male w. bipolar II. Visited Dr. Bahrani as a possible replacement for current psychiatrist who had made a recent mistake, plus was less than helpful w. my changing condition. My first question at start of session re. the session length got Dr. Bahrani defensive, saying "no one has ever asked me about that". She appeared to be disparaging my taking of notes during the session. I mentioned my other doctor's mistake but she shrugged it off; at session's end she praised that doctor and said I should stay with him even though I confirmed w. her that she did not even know him ! She made one statement of: "we do things my way or you see another doctor". That summarizes her attitude during the session: she's the doctor and you don't disagree with her. She even had a small tiff w. her receptionist when I asked for a copy of her session notes (unreadable as it turned out). A poor doctor overall.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2009

Like everyone else has said, she just talked about money... FOUR times during the session. She also snapped to judgments about my lifestyle and kept looking at the clock. If I were you, I'd look somewhere else. I am.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2009

My initial visit was scheduled for 45 minutes. She arrived 15 minutes late, then spent 15 minutes of the remaining time explaining that it is my responsibility to pay her, despite the fact that I have full coverage for insurance. I called her office 3 times the following week for an emergency with no response. When the receptionist finally referred me to her cell phone, I left 2 messages. Finally, she returned my call and basically told me that I shouldn't call her when I don't have an appointment; that if anything was that important, I should just go to the hospital. I understood that conversation as an indication that she was not interested in providing the full care that I need in a doctor, and have not made another appointment with her. Four months later, she has called to tell me that I still owe her money, despite the fact that I paid the copay and have the records that the insurance company paid the balance. Overall, my entire experience with her has left much to be desired.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2008

Dr. Ann A. Bahrani's Credentials

• Univ Of Baghdad, Coll Of Med, Baghdad, Iraq (Grad. 1957)

Top Hospitals in Huntington Beach, CA