Ratings for Dr. Janita M. Ardis

Great staff. Sometimes a little bit of a wait but not everytime.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2018

Some (not all, but some) of the people at this office are very nice. That is the only good thing I can say about this office. They screwed up my medication multiple times, saying they were sending in for things that I never got. When a medication they had prescribed for me made me go manic, they did not call me back or assist with the situation until days had passed and I already had to be admitted to a hospital. I don't know if it's just that they lack all competent communication, but if I were staying in OKC, I would switch psych offices because theirs is a nightmare to try to work with.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2018

LONG wait. Cold, impersonal as a doctor, unbelievably rude receptionist. Had an appt to see her, waited for two and a half hours for a 10 minute appt. a therapist there told me this is common. This is supposed to be a place for people with mental health issues, my mother is a patient and because of her mental illness is often forgetful. She was confused about an appt time and when we went into the office to reschedule she was extremely rude because we missed an appt, told us there was a huge argument between the staff about the appt And she was " not going to get into it today". She then came out into the waiting room to explain what had happened and couldn't even get the facts straight about who had made a mistake. Not the first time she has been rude. It's not a patients business or concern if the staff at a doctors office has a disagreement. Dr Ardis NEVER sees patients on time. You have a 2:30 appt, don't expect to be seen till 4:00. Pacs are great, friendly and always on time but dr Ardis has no bedside manner, barely asks any questions and quite frankly doesn't even really seem to care about her patients. We have made mistakes with missed appointments and told them we were responsible but things happen and there's no need for rudeness, especially to people who are not completely in control of their own mental health. Looking for a new psychiatrist because it's just not worth it to continue with the constant unprofessionalism from almost everyone who works there. DON'T EVEN BOTHER!!!!!!

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

I have never seen the doctor and never will. Below is my experience just trying to make an appointment. On hold for over 3 minutes Staff member: "Doctors office" Me: Hi. I need to make a new patient appointment please. Staff: Name of your insurance? Me: Blue Cross and Blue Shield Staff: Card number? Me: I am sorry, I don't have that on me. Staff: Call back when you do. Me: Can I go ahead and make an appointment and call back with the number? Staff: No. Me: Ok. Thanks. *Hangs up Next call (I know...why did I do that?) Staff: "Doctors office" Me: Hi, I would like to make a new patient appointment please. Staff: Name? Me: It's for my husband (..I spell his name) Staff: He will need to call we won't let you make an appointment for him Me: He can't make his appointment. He is ill. I just came from his doctors appointment and they told me to call you. Staff: Well, he has to call unless you are his power of attorney. Are you? Me: I am his wife. Staff: Then have him call. Me: This seems to be more difficult to get an appointment than it should be. Staff: It's our policy and if you don't like it, find another doctor. Me: Ok. What is your name? Staff: *hangs up on me I have never ever been treated so rudely in my entire life. I have no idea if this doctor is good or bad, but I can tell you, I will never find out. The office staff was the rudest I have ever encountered. Based on other reviews...how on earth is this person still in business??

flag | Submitted May 17, 2017

By far one of the WORST. Absolutely HORRIBLE. She had a 10 minute personal phone call on her cell phone during my appointment. An appointment that, might I mention, I had to drive 2 hours one way to even be "seen." Might I add, while I was half way to my appoint, they tried to call and cancel it. She never said a word to me during my session, just made me "take" a few tests while she was texting on her cell phone. She acted like I was a nuisance even being there. She gave me samples of a medicine that I fit all of the "do not take ifs...." When I asked the front desk, of which also acted like it was a nuisance that I was even there, about talking to Dr. Ardis in private about my perception dosage being incorrect, Dr. Ardis stormed into the lobby and started talking about my case in front of other patients. That's a huge HIPPA law violation. She and her front desk embarrassed me and made me feel like I was scum for even asking about it. Dr. Ardis and her front desk staff asked for all my personal information and AGAIN spoke about my case while in the lobby in front of other patients. She said she would have her personal nurse follow up on things the next day (i.e. calling my doctor, my counselor, etc). A week went by and I hadn't heard anything. So I called my Pharmacy to see if anything had been faxed - nothing. Then I called my Primary Doctor - again..no word from Dr. Ardis, her nurse, or staff. So I called their office at 12:40pm. Apparently the call was sent to an "after hours operator." I tried to explain as to why I was calling, she interrupted me and said "if this isn't an emergency you need to call back after 1 pm," then proceeded to hang up on me. GREAT, right? So I called back at 1:10pm and spoke with her personal nurse asking why hadn't my primary been contacted, why Dr. Ardis tried to put me on meds that could potientially be life threatening to me, that I wouldn't be taken the medication, and why weren't any of the issues I was there for addressed while I was there. The nurse told me she would ask and call me back. The next day I got a phone call.. the nurse said that Dr. Ardis blew off the question to why she gave me a months worth of medication and would be calling my anxiety meds weekly. Ridiculous? Yes. So I asked about the other issues being addressed. The nurse had no answer. She said she would ask Dr. Ardis, and call me back. She called me back around 4. 7 hours after the previous phone call, might I add. Snottily told me that "all medication had those pamphlets in them and that I was to take the medication." I work in the medical field. I know doctors get paid by drug reps to push a medication. I let the nurse know my thoughts on that and said I wouldn't be taking the medication and wanted something else. Dr. Ardis refused to prescribe me anything else. Remember I said she was filling my anxiety medication weekly- every Monday...or Tuesday...or whenever she gets around to it. Well the next two months I will be skiing in the middle of nowhere mountains and asked for her to fill my anxiety medication for the days that I wouldn't be able to "get to the nearest pharmacy." 3 days more of medication is what I asked for, she refused. So I guess I am to go without for 3 days.. might I add I have SEVERE ANXIETY DISORDER. So as I was asking the nurse as to why the medication was being filled weekly and why wouldn't she fill for 3 extra days since the nearest pharmacy would be six hours away...while I was speaking, the nurse told me "have a good day" and hung up the phone mid-sentence while I was talking. I couldn't believe the audacity and how incredibly rude the nurse was! Dr. Ardis does not listen to her patients. She does not care about her patients. She does not help her patients. If she speaks to you, she is very rude. Everyone there is condescending and treats the patients like dogs. None of them let you speak. They interrupt you and basically tell you to "shut up, " or just simply hang up on you. I was in tears by the time I got to my car. I have never been treated so horribly by staff or a doctor. I wouldn't let my worst enemy near that place. I am turning her into every board possible. People are seeing her to seek help.. not to feel like a hinderance. All she cares about is the money she gets from each patient that walks through that door and her "bonuses" from drug reps for pushing drugs. Whatever you do... do NOT go to this psychiatrist.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2017

She made a hair appointment on her cell phone during my appointment.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016

Horrible. She doesn't listen. Made me wait for an hour while she sat in her office. Never on time.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2015

We are scheduled to come back every 3 months just for more scripts. She has never explained our daughters diagnosis with us. Her time is clearly more important than ours since we sit in the waiting room forever and she is always behind schedule. She is horrible. Looking for a new dr for our daughter.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2015

She is worse than terrible. She runs late. Her office staff is unprofessional.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2015

Ardis runs a 'pill mill' -- un-caring and unprofessional.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2014

Dr. Janita M. Ardis's Credentials

• Univ Of Newcastle-Upon-Tyne, Fac Of Med (352-04 Pr 1/71) (Grad. 1974)

Bakery & Confectionary Union Plan