Ratings for Dr. Richard A. Berkson

He prescribed SYNTHROID® (levothyroxine) right after a total thyroidectomy. I felt horrid! I asked him to change me to Armour because I read it was better than Synthroid, but he basically said Armour doesn't work.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2014

This doctor waited three months to call me to tell me that an ultrasound showed I needed a fine needle biopsy for thyroid cancer. My goodness, what doctor does that! He was not the least bit apologetic for taking such a major risk with my health. The ultrasound showed more than one red flag for cancer. What can I say about this doctor, but stay away from him. How many other patients has he had done this to, I can't help but wonder. (I'm now scurrying to find a reliable doctor--clearly I don't want to risk waiting three more months to find out about the FNB results from thsi guy). I would have been better off going to see my dcg's vet.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2007

Dr. Richard A. Berkson's Credentials

• German

• State University Of New York At Buffalo School Of Medicine (Grad. 1972)

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• 'birds of a feather' rating (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=132570'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.7

March 9, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' rating (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=132570'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.8

February 5, 2014