Ratings for Dr. Richard J. Settles

Dr. Settles is a great Dr. Alot of review I just read are about his staff. I havent had any issues here in Tn with his staff now. They are amazing and friendly. He is great at what he does.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2014

Run as fast as you can from these people. Dr. Settles is a nice guy, but his wife who runs the office is dumber than a bag of rocks. She's extremely rude. I've seen her leave people on hold for a long time so she can socialize or polish her finger nails. She doesn't even know what insurance providers they use from day to day. Google "dumb blonde" and 9 times out of 10 her picture will pop up. I've heard its a good place to go if you want your marijuana green card. They don't have the authority to write pain killer prescriptions so they push marijuana. Nice. Nothing against Dr. Settles, he's kind, caring and highly intelligent. But his staff is the absolute worst.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2013

Dr. Settles is a very good doctor. He knows a lot about all aspects of my medical conditions, he is also medically very insightful, and cares even more. The office has improved their operations quite significantly. Very friendly staff.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2013

Dr. Settles is very nice and knows what he is doing. He is never on time however and I blame his staff for that. They always overbook him.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2012

Dr. Richard Settles is a lifesaver! best doctor I have ever met. He helped me get clean and sober and really takes time with each of his patients, hence the reason it takes 30-45 minutes to see him. He takes the time to understand each patients' issue and thoroughly finds the problem and a solution. He wont try to rush you out the door with a half-baked solution. He'll sit and talk with you about each issue and go deeper into each issue until a cure is found. I called Dr. Settles for a Suboxone appointment and was able to see him the same day. And even though I didn't follow his guidelines at first, he helped me turn my life around, and around 6 months later, I am currently living in Denver, Colorado, clean as can be. I recommend Dr. Settles to anyone and everyone! Thank you Dr. Settles and the rest of your staff!

flag | Submitted December 30, 2010

I very pleasant physician with good bedside manners. I'd the wait is longer than usual - the wait is still worth it.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2010

I agree you can sometimes wait forever to see Dr.Settles but I think its mainly its because he takes his time with each and every patient. I have never been to a doctor who seemed to care like he does and he has a great bedside manner in my opinion. I can typically schedule appointments right away which is probably part of why you have to wait so long but overall he is very nice, he listens, is gentle and really seems to care. The staff is OK mainly I think some are just not very well educated in the medical field and they outsource billing so don't even try to ask them a question or bring in an EOB.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2010

My husband and I have been using Dr. Settles for a few years. We grew disenchanted with him and decided to switch to another doctor. We asked that our records ne sent to the new doctor. We couldn't see the new doctor until the end of June, so we went back to Dr. Settles. After being kept waiting for almost an hour, we were informed that they didn't have my husband's records anymore. They lied about what date they sent them because th new doctor told us he hadn't gotten them yet. On top of that they wanted my husband to pay $95 up front. We informed them that our insurance should cover this fee. They wouldn't see my husband without payment. We never saw the doctor. Dr.Settle's staff is very unprofessional. We will never deal with them again.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2010

This doctor is the most caring doctor in the business and in this valley. He goes out of his way to help a patient and to really find out what your problem is. He has helped our family with many various medical problems over the years, some difficult, and has always been correct, and up to date, and extremely well informed. We are all very grateful to him and his office staff.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2009

MAKES YOU WAIT FOR HOURS.DOCTOR IS RARELY-AVAILABLE.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2008

Dr. Richard J. Settles's Credentials

• Kirksville College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1991)

Top Hospitals in Hixon, TN