Ratings for Dr. Douglas Fraker

Outstanding surgeon. Healing was just as he described; almost no visible scar.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2016

Outstanding, gifted surgeon. Projects a high level of confidence. And he delivers!

flag | Submitted November 22, 2014

Big thank you to Dr. Fraker. He was kind enough to take me in under his care within a short time. In 2009 he performed surgery and sentinel lymph node removal on my left axilla. I'm five years NED! I wonder if he realizes the amazing impact he has had on so many. Brilliant surgeon and Dr!

flag | Submitted September 17, 2014

I had a total thyroidectomy recently because of a large, malignant tumor. Dr. Fraker did a tremendous job in removing the thyroid tissue, so that when I had a radioactive iodine followup there was minimal material left to radiate. Also, when complications developed following surgery, he dealt with them swiftly and competently. All along the way, he explained the processes with professionalism and consideration. His nurse practitioner also was exceptional. I can think of no other surgeon I would rather have other than Doug Fraker, who was the unsolicited recommendation of EVERY person who was aware of my condition.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2014

I had 3 surgeries with Dr. Fraker Douglas. He is confident with what he is doing - life saver,magician, genius. He is an amazing doctor. The first time we came to see him was for a second opinion with no hope from first one, Dr. Fraker gave us hope and life. Then we had 2 more successful surgeries with him. Big thanks to UPENN for having and keeping him.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2014

Dr Fraker is by far one of the best surgeons I've ever met. You will wait in his office but he takes his time to answer all patient questions. I have graves disease with a goiter and no cancer and he performed my total thyroidectomy. Believe me when I say I was off for for 5 days including the day after surgery and was able to drive and return to work! He does amazing work and I'm so thankful I did my research to find him! He has awesome staff and i have to mention his nurse practitioner! She is awesome and so helpful post surgery. She called me back both times i have had questions and spent as much time on the phone as I needed. If i had to do it over again i would! The surgery it self was easy, HUP is fantastic! Staff is wonderful and most important my pain was managed perfectly! I was eating solid food the very next morning! Dr fraker rocks i am so happy with my result!

flag | Submitted October 30, 2013

Dr fraker was great! His staff were great and the surgery was excellent. He found cancer in my thyroid after removal, explained the process to me before and after. Only hitch was my surgery was delayed but that wasn't his fault! Knowledgeable, friendly and kind. His interns were great too!

flag | Submitted June 12, 2013

Dr. Fraker gave us hope and performed execelent job, made us feel confident about the all process, he was honest and very knowlegeable.He is hor hero

flag | Submitted October 19, 2010

If you need any type of surgery, Dr. Douglas Franker is the man for the job! During the last four years, he has operated on me twice and saved my life each time. In February 2010, he spent the time looking for my hidden cancer tumor. It's because of him that I am alive today. If my cancer comes back again, I will be driving the 4 hours to have another surgery performed by him. I trust him with my life!!!

flag | Submitted March 19, 2010

Dr. Douglas Fraker did a thyroidectomy on me Oct. 2008. Since then my neck is killing me. Turns out he left a surgical clip in, wasn't in the surgical report & he didn't let me know. When I went to see him about it he asured me he was not responsible for my neck pain & he that he had 65 patients to see that day. He walked out on us. Dr. Fraker didn't even look at the films I brought to him even though they called to remind me to bring them. His assistant Anne thinks she is the doctor & decides what he should & shouldn't know. I'm furious about my care & upon retaining the surgical report I found the intebated me incorectly and I had a raspy voice for 6 weeks. Really not even sure whether he did the surgery!

Submitted January 17, 2010

Dr. Douglas Fraker's Credentials

• Harvard Medical School (Grad. 1983)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal