Ratings for Dr. Richard W. Martin

My first visit to Dr. Martin was not what I expected. His bedside manner is very cold, dry and critical. His conversation in between my treatment was about how much money he is losing to new health care laws. I was disappointed, because I was referred to him by a friend. I pray for his spirit. There aren't many rheumatologists in west Michigan.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2016

Very rude and short with patients and even though he has some knowledge about certain things, his bedside manners suck. He think because he is the main doctor here Grand Rapids for rheumatology , that he can treat people that way but I got news for anybody that want to visit here... Go to another place, doctor, center! It's not worth it!

flag | Submitted October 23, 2015

I went to Dr. Marti n years ahgo and he was very kind and helpful. Haven't seen him a while and recently had an appointment with him. He was very cold and really didn't care about my issue. Couldn't believe it was the same man! I don' ever plan on using him again, what a disappointment. Went from a caring doctor to a rude person!

flag | Submitted June 18, 2015

Wonderful doctoe always friendly and kind. Really cares about his patients

flag | Submitted January 19, 2015

Dr. Martin was 2 hours late for my appointment and when I asked him about it, he yelled me and was very angry that I questioned him. He used the same needle on two different injections on me - I thought they are suppose to use new needles per injection. He sent me someone else's progress notes and when I went to pick up my prescription, I found out that it was not sent from a week ago and was sent to the wrong pharmacy. I heard him talking about other patient information out in the hallway, which I thought was very rude since he was commenting on their appearance and lack of insurance and how it was costing him so much money to see "these type of people." He has never been close to my appointment time - within an hour - and yet he never apologizes. I would stay away from this particular doctor, he may be knowledgeable, but he does not care about the patient, only the money.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2010

Always late (up to 2 hours). Can be very short and degrading. Scatter-brained. Screws up scripts. No compassion for uninsured or medicare / medicaid. Overheard him talking bad about patients.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2010

At the time of my visit to Dr. Martin I was undiagnosed with early RA. Dr. Martin chose not to do any labs and dismissed me as just getting older, early 50s.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2009

Dr. Martin is a peach of a doctor..he is easy to talk to, knows his profession..is very helpful, will take the time to answer your questions and concerns. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2008

He is a good listener and seems be very knowledgeable about my rheumatoid arthritis. He spent more time than most doctors to explain my options.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2007

Dr. Richard W. Martin's Credentials

• Mi State Univ Coll Of Human Med, East Lansing Mi 48824 (Grad. 1986)