Ratings for Dr. Matthew Spiewak

I have been seeing Dr Spiewak for years. Once you get to know him he is very personable. I have been able to discuss a lot of medical issues with him and find him to be very knowledgeable. I have had huge waits in the past, but it has gotten much better recently. I like how he balances medicine with more holistic approaches.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2017

Incredibly impersonal, not punctual, does not listen. Takes 2+ weeks to write a prescription refill. I completely agree with the previous review. Dr. Spiewak is very rude and seems to be bothered when patients come in for routine care. I highly suggest looking elsewhere. If you need a last minute appointment and don't care to be treated poorly, then Spiewak is a good Dr. However, do NOT have him as your primary care.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2017

He came off very cold and almost rude, I don't feel very comfortable when I go into see him I just got a quick answer to my problem and he seemed very bothered by the fact that I even when in for something as simple as what I came in for. No offense to him but he isn't at all my first choice as a physician.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2014

I can understand the negative comments about being punctual. My very first appointment with Dr. Spiewak, he did come off very cold, but I have dealt with a variety of doctors and I figured I would go again. I have has very friendly docs and they were bad doctors. So, I decided not to judge so quickly. What I have observed in the 2 years we have been going to Dr.Spiewak is that they are a very busy office. They do not like to over prescribe medications, he will not play the guessing game with your health, so although some may want some quick answer, you may not get that with him. He is in fact open to a holistic approach, but he is not a naturopathic doctor so don't expect him to just ignore medicine. No doctor is perfect, nor are patients, but he listens. I find it hard to find docs these days who respect patients rights and listen, he does.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2013

What caught my attention with Dr. Spiewak was the fact that he believed in a more homeopathic approach to healing as opposed to modern-day medicine. In my first appointment, he didn't crack a smile and recommended medicine. When I asked him about more healthy alternatives, he looked clueless and said he would recommend medicineabove anything else. o.O I was a little frustrated because I felt his online biography was misleading. On top of that, he's always rushing our appointments. The staff is rarely on time with appointments. One time I arrived 20 minutes BEFORE my appointment, yet I still had to wait ONE HOUR AND TWENTY MINUTES to be seen!! Frustrating! I am in the process of looking for another doctor. He's been our doctor for five months and that's five months too long! Just wish he was more punctual, family-friendly (I have two babies and he's not child-friendly at all), and followed through with his so-called homeopathy approaches.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2012

Dr. Spiewak has been my kids' doctor for years. He has always been very helpful and patient.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2010

This doctor and his staff are less then caring when it comes to general healthcare. I tried to get a refill on a maintenance-type drug. He and his very rude staff made it clear that I needed to have an appointment, just to have a prescription refilled! I went in for a physical 2 years ago, and he basically asked me some questions, then sent me to the lab for blood tests! It was like he couldn't be bothered.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2007

Dr. Matthew Spiewak's Credentials

• Chicago College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1996)

HealthPartners