Ratings for Dr. Carolyn Cooke

My experience with Dr.Cook was good. I didn't see her often but when the nurses were overwhelmed with clients she would pick up a file and talk to the clients herself. I have been at the clinic since January 2015 - my first pregnancy was after a cycle of IUI however it ended up in a miscarriage ( Sept 2015) then I was told to comeback after 3 normal cycles,. After the miscarriage, I had my second IUI which was unsucessful, however I got pregnant on clomid alone the following cycle - I am currently 5 months pregnant and very very happy . Janet is amazing :) and very funny. The nurses are knolwedgable Mellisa and Lori thank you. The Ultrasound technicians - you tend to have your favorites as some are gentler than the other ... and the ladies that take your blood are the friendliest staff ever. I would recommend the clinic to everyone!

flag | Submitted June 21, 2016

I found Dr. Cooke to be very knowledgeable and professional. I did find the fertility procedure stressful and frustrating. Dr. Cooke answered all my questions was always there when I got my results minus the weekend. I was one of the first people in to get my results and she always greeted me. the process dis take 7 month which is frustrating the not knowing the procedure and how the process goes. I did get pregnant on the 7th month and had a beautiful baby boy. I also found the office staff friendly and very accommodating. Everyone is different so it takes time to get the right mixture. good luck on your journey

flag | Submitted May 8, 2016

I would simply state that either she does not have the knowledge to read her own test results or she drags procedure for more money in return. If you did not get reasons of negative results within 3 months please find another doctor. When another doctor looked at my results from Dr. COOKE the Dr immediately stated that I don't ovulate which Cooke never mentioned in the 14 months. I recommend you get your family md to refer you to: Dr. Valter Feyles Vaughan or Newmarket

flag | Submitted April 24, 2016

OMG the worst doctor ever I have been going to her ( cooke) for 2 years and she was keep saleing the medications on me. She doesn't know any thing and as people said she dosnt have a good and kind heart. She dosnt care about patients she just wants her money. She wants to keep alive the busines of those companies who makes the fertility medications. She made me go there for months with no results. Think two years everytime i went there she charged the goverment and see how much money she made on me. She would never want the women to get pregnant on one time or alse how can she make money. Thats her source of income. I dont know why the ontario health is not looking after this kind of doctors who dosent know any think. They should be banded. Last time she give me a stress medication to use and i took for two days which made worse i was not able to work. I stoped takeing the medication and i was fine. I dont know if she is a fertility doctor or a stress. Finaly i went to talk to her and finalize that she waested my two years and what should we do???? she told me you can go to India which is a good country for fertility. WOOOOO A CANADIAN DOCTOR IS TELLING A PATIENT TO GO INDIA. The funny thing is each time u ask them the tell u no worries ur too young.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2016

If I learned one thing working in health care, it's that patients are lying little $%#@ and they take no accountability for anything. I have not gotten pregnant and I've been with the clinic for 2 years (3 IUIs, going to trying IVF). Not once did I find the staff to be rude. I've been told that we have unexplained fertility and that I have some fibroids and a cyst that will need laparoscopy. It's frustrating not getting an answer, but I understand that not everything can be explained. Dr Cooke has always been friendly to me; Janet greets people like they are her friends, so I don't know what all these other people are talking about.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2016

We were referred to this doctor by our family doctor and we went for a whole month of monitoring. She said she didnt know what was wrong with us. It felt like a cash grab from OHIP and her patients praying on those who are desperate. I will not recommend Dr. Cook and have told all family and friends about our experience.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2016

I'm so pleased to write this review. My husband and I sought fertility treatment from Dr.Cooke after being referred from his sister who also had 2 successful pregnancies from treatment at Rouge Valley. We started with IUI and after 3 rounds we decided to move onto IVF treatment. We started this process knowing that we would need IVF treatment anyway so it wasn't upsetting when we did. It was exciting as it was another opportunity to try for a child. We were treated with nothing but respect from every person at at the clinic. Each and every monitoring visit never felt like a chore but a pleasant experience amonsgt friends. I highly recommend the clinic and most importantly Dr. Cooke. She has helped our family create new life and we are forever grateful. Her expertise and advice lead us to be pregnant with not one but two!!!!! Yes we are having twins!!!! We couldn't be happier and our entire IVF process was smooth as we put our trust in Dr. Cooke. She was so knowledgeable and easy to talk to. We have thoroughly enjoyed the entire process and the people and are sad to say goodbye now that we are moving onto the OB. If you are trying to conceive, be patient and trusting. Anxiety isn't good for the babies and we are living proof. We never questioned Dr. Cooke and neither did my sister in law and we have 4 babies now from this process in our family. Just smile and keep celebrating small victories, every step and every procedure is bringing you closer to your goal. We are truly blessed. We can never thank them enough. God Bless.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2015

The best thing about Dr. Cooke's office is her secretary Janet. Janet is on point. She is efficient, she'll answer all of your questions and she'll do it correctly. In fact, at times I felt like I was Janet's patient and not Dr. Cooke's. When I was a patient of Dr. Cooke's, I didn't see her very often. She was hard to get a hold of and when I did speak to her I found her communication style to be difficult to understand. She tended to use very technical medical language, and as a layperson, I had to ask a lot of questions just to understand what was going on. In terms of her treatment plan, I later discovered that her suggestions were not appropriate for my specific case. So basically I wasted my time and money. The most agitating part of my experience at Rouge Valley were the interactions I had with one of her nurses. Fertility patients see the nurses a few times a month, and my experience with one particular nurse was consistently unpleasant. I got the distinct feeling that she did not like patients. I'd hear her complaining about other patients, and when she spoke to me, she literally would not make eye contact at all. She'd rush in the room, read off the results, and then rush you out. There wasn't even time to ask questions! And to top it off, they'd forget to tell you important information! Once the nurse forgot to tell me to stop taking a very expensive hormone stimulating drug. The first time I went to the clinic, they neglected to tell me to arrive with a full bladder. When I arrived with an empty bladder (because who carries around a bladder full of urine if they don't have to), they scolded me. When I told them that I wasn't informed, they scolded me AGAIN for not reading the information package which wasn't given to me either! There are good things about the clinic- like the blood work people, the secretaries and one of the nurses is nice.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2015

If u harry to be pregnant so dont go to this Dr.. She not friendy and unhumble , The office servies its bad , i was with this dr for 4 month and nothing move just spent ur time and money. Look for dr else .

flag | Submitted January 8, 2015

My wife and i had a horrible experience with Dr Cooke. she had my wife going in for over a year every other morning to monitor her cycle, she kept giving my wife hormones with miss calculated dosage on several occasions, took over $12,000 from us for my wife’s treatment and then says the problem is the sperm. This would have been great to hear at the beginning of our treatment but was not informed what so ever that the problems was in the sperm until the last visit we had with her a year after starting the monitoring. She treats you like an ATM and when the money is out or you question her she will make sure you feel helpless and alone. My wife went through allot with Dr Cooke’s rude manner, constant change of diagnosis and then putting the blame elsewhere and not feeling accountable for the small fortune she took from us. We are still not pregnant and my wife might never be able to have a child because of the excessive abuse to her ovaries through the hormone injections she took for over a year. Save your time and money and look for another Dr.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2014