Ratings for Dr. Carolyn Cooke

We had a wonderful experience with Dr. Cooke and her staff.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2017

I am writing this because I want more people and families to be able to have their dreams of successfully conceiving their babies to come true as I am. I started with Dr. Cooke from this February, and now I am 16 weeks pregnant :) I have been through 2 clomid and 1 IUI. I had a 4 year old, however, was having problem of irregular period and ovulate. So first I had the checking of inner and all was fine, so dr. Cooke confirmed that the only problem I had is ovulation which is the most common reason, so I did not worry as much as before. So after that, I was strictly follow the instructions and schedules as dr provided. I was losing hope and having doubts in the between as all many others. However, I was able to make it to the end. Staff in the clinic are friendly, especially Janet, Michelle, Melissa, lori, and a super friendly Chinese girl from the ultrasound.LOL I almost named everybody already .. Each time when I saw them, I was feeling like having routines of meeting with friends, each time I felt relaxed and pleasant. I think trust, patient and consistent are the most important in the whole experience. I wish everybody is able to have a successful conceiving :) never lose hope

flag | Submitted November 16, 2016

We had horrible experiences with this clinic never ever before. We were lost lots of money now in debt .So anyone wants to go this place please think at least three times before to be victim.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2016

Dr at clinic. Terrible manners and bad experience. Still have not recovered from humiliating experience over 1 month ago.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2016

My husband and I saw Dr Cooke after being unsuccessful in conceiving. Dr Cooke was very supportive and took the time to answer all of our questions. Her staff is very efficient and helpful. We are currently back to get help with conceiving our 2nd child.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2016

When I first was referred from my family doctor to see Dr Cooke, I came on here and was a bit worried as I had read several negative reviews about her and her staff. But I am so glad that I kept an open mind as I found Dr Cooke - as well as every member of her team from reception to nurses to the blood work girls to the ultrasound team, were all so friendly and helpful. If you expect to go in and see Dr Cooke every time you have to go to the clinic - you will be disappointed. But that is because it is an unrealistic expectation. The majority of visits will be for blood work and ultrasounds which neither are things you need to see Dr Cooke for - her team is amazing and can answer any concerns you may have. When you do go in for scheduled appointments for things like a sonohystogram or endometrium sampling - you will have Dr Cooke. And I found her to be very knowledgeable and comforting. She explained the procedures to me, when i would feel discomfort, how long it would be "a quick pinch" or "pressure" etc. and really made me feel better about everything. After all of my testing, I was given the diagnosis of unexplained infertility - all of tests came back fine, but we were just not getting pregnant. I in no way felt any pressure from Dr Cooke to immediately jump into expensive treatments - She even said if we wanted to take our time and wait a bit to decide if we want to move forward with any treatments that was 100% ok but should we get pregnant to make sure to come in right away. My husband and I decided to try a bit longer naturally and a few months later we got our +. I know some people will read this and think I didn't get any help from the clinic because in the end I conceived on my own - but I truly think undergoing all of the testing really did make a difference giving me a peace of mind. After 1.5 years trying and not getting pregnant you really start to get in your head and stress about maybe something is wrong and you can never get pregnant - but for me, having gone through all the testing and now knowing that everything is working fine really took a load off my mind. Not to mention, as soon as I called the clinic to say I was pregnant I've received great service - and probably better care than I would have received had I of gone to my regular GP. Lots of blood tests monitoring my HCG levels - with same day calls letting me know my results from the nursing team. Dr Cooke was going to be away during the time they'd normally have me in for my first ultrasound so she fit my appointment in the very next day before she had to leave as she did not want me to wait longer than I had to. I am now being referred to an OBGYN closer to me to take me on for the remainder of my pregnancy, but I really will miss Dr Cooke and her staff as they were all so amazing.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2016

My experience with Dr.Cook was good. I didn't see her often but when the nurses were overwhelmed with clients she would pick up a file and talk to the clients herself. I have been at the clinic since January 2015 - my first pregnancy was after a cycle of IUI however it ended up in a miscarriage ( Sept 2015) then I was told to comeback after 3 normal cycles,. After the miscarriage, I had my second IUI which was unsucessful, however I got pregnant on clomid alone the following cycle - I am currently 5 months pregnant and very very happy . Janet is amazing :) and very funny. The nurses are knolwedgable Mellisa and Lori thank you. The Ultrasound technicians - you tend to have your favorites as some are gentler than the other ... and the ladies that take your blood are the friendliest staff ever. I would recommend the clinic to everyone!

flag | Submitted June 21, 2016

I found Dr. Cooke to be very knowledgeable and professional. I did find the fertility procedure stressful and frustrating. Dr. Cooke answered all my questions was always there when I got my results minus the weekend. I was one of the first people in to get my results and she always greeted me. the process dis take 7 month which is frustrating the not knowing the procedure and how the process goes. I did get pregnant on the 7th month and had a beautiful baby boy. I also found the office staff friendly and very accommodating. Everyone is different so it takes time to get the right mixture. good luck on your journey

flag | Submitted May 8, 2016

I would simply state that either she does not have the knowledge to read her own test results or she drags procedure for more money in return. If you did not get reasons of negative results within 3 months please find another doctor. When another doctor looked at my results from Dr. COOKE the Dr immediately stated that I don't ovulate which Cooke never mentioned in the 14 months. I recommend you get your family md to refer you to: Dr. Valter Feyles Vaughan or Newmarket

flag | Submitted April 24, 2016

OMG the worst doctor ever I have been going to her ( cooke) for 2 years and she was keep saleing the medications on me. She doesn't know any thing and as people said she dosnt have a good and kind heart. She dosnt care about patients she just wants her money. She wants to keep alive the busines of those companies who makes the fertility medications. She made me go there for months with no results. Think two years everytime i went there she charged the goverment and see how much money she made on me. She would never want the women to get pregnant on one time or alse how can she make money. Thats her source of income. I dont know why the ontario health is not looking after this kind of doctors who dosent know any think. They should be banded. Last time she give me a stress medication to use and i took for two days which made worse i was not able to work. I stoped takeing the medication and i was fine. I dont know if she is a fertility doctor or a stress. Finaly i went to talk to her and finalize that she waested my two years and what should we do???? she told me you can go to India which is a good country for fertility. WOOOOO A CANADIAN DOCTOR IS TELLING A PATIENT TO GO INDIA. The funny thing is each time u ask them the tell u no worries ur too young.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2016