You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Carolyn Cooke

If I learned one thing working in health care, it's that patients are lying little $%#@ and they take no accountability for anything. I have not gotten pregnant and I've been with the clinic for 2 years (3 IUIs, going to trying IVF). Not once did I find the staff to be rude. I've been told that we have unexplained fertility and that I have some fibroids and a cyst that will need laparoscopy. It's frustrating not getting an answer, but I understand that not everything can be explained. Dr Cooke has always been friendly to me; Janet greets people like they are her friends, so I don't know what all these other people are talking about.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2016

We were referred to this doctor by our family doctor and we went for a whole month of monitoring. She said she didnt know what was wrong with us. It felt like a cash grab from OHIP and her patients praying on those who are desperate. I will not recommend Dr. Cook and have told all family and friends about our experience.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2016

I'm so pleased to write this review. My husband and I sought fertility treatment from Dr.Cooke after being referred from his sister who also had 2 successful pregnancies from treatment at Rouge Valley. We started with IUI and after 3 rounds we decided to move onto IVF treatment. We started this process knowing that we would need IVF treatment anyway so it wasn't upsetting when we did. It was exciting as it was another opportunity to try for a child. We were treated with nothing but respect from every person at at the clinic. Each and every monitoring visit never felt like a chore but a pleasant experience amonsgt friends. I highly recommend the clinic and most importantly Dr. Cooke. She has helped our family create new life and we are forever grateful. Her expertise and advice lead us to be pregnant with not one but two!!!!! Yes we are having twins!!!! We couldn't be happier and our entire IVF process was smooth as we put our trust in Dr. Cooke. She was so knowledgeable and easy to talk to. We have thoroughly enjoyed the entire process and the people and are sad to say goodbye now that we are moving onto the OB. If you are trying to conceive, be patient and trusting. Anxiety isn't good for the babies and we are living proof. We never questioned Dr. Cooke and neither did my sister in law and we have 4 babies now from this process in our family. Just smile and keep celebrating small victories, every step and every procedure is bringing you closer to your goal. We are truly blessed. We can never thank them enough. God Bless.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2015

The best thing about Dr. Cooke's office is her secretary Janet. Janet is on point. She is efficient, she'll answer all of your questions and she'll do it correctly. In fact, at times I felt like I was Janet's patient and not Dr. Cooke's. When I was a patient of Dr. Cooke's, I didn't see her very often. She was hard to get a hold of and when I did speak to her I found her communication style to be difficult to understand. She tended to use very technical medical language, and as a layperson, I had to ask a lot of questions just to understand what was going on. In terms of her treatment plan, I later discovered that her suggestions were not appropriate for my specific case. So basically I wasted my time and money. The most agitating part of my experience at Rouge Valley were the interactions I had with one of her nurses. Fertility patients see the nurses a few times a month, and my experience with one particular nurse was consistently unpleasant. I got the distinct feeling that she did not like patients. I'd hear her complaining about other patients, and when she spoke to me, she literally would not make eye contact at all. She'd rush in the room, read off the results, and then rush you out. There wasn't even time to ask questions! And to top it off, they'd forget to tell you important information! Once the nurse forgot to tell me to stop taking a very expensive hormone stimulating drug. The first time I went to the clinic, they neglected to tell me to arrive with a full bladder. When I arrived with an empty bladder (because who carries around a bladder full of urine if they don't have to), they scolded me. When I told them that I wasn't informed, they scolded me AGAIN for not reading the information package which wasn't given to me either! There are good things about the clinic- like the blood work people, the secretaries and one of the nurses is nice.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2015

If u harry to be pregnant so dont go to this Dr.. She not friendy and unhumble , The office servies its bad , i was with this dr for 4 month and nothing move just spent ur time and money. Look for dr else .

flag | Submitted January 8, 2015

My wife and i had a horrible experience with Dr Cooke. she had my wife going in for over a year every other morning to monitor her cycle, she kept giving my wife hormones with miss calculated dosage on several occasions, took over $12,000 from us for my wife’s treatment and then says the problem is the sperm. This would have been great to hear at the beginning of our treatment but was not informed what so ever that the problems was in the sperm until the last visit we had with her a year after starting the monitoring. She treats you like an ATM and when the money is out or you question her she will make sure you feel helpless and alone. My wife went through allot with Dr Cooke’s rude manner, constant change of diagnosis and then putting the blame elsewhere and not feeling accountable for the small fortune she took from us. We are still not pregnant and my wife might never be able to have a child because of the excessive abuse to her ovaries through the hormone injections she took for over a year. Save your time and money and look for another Dr.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2014

What a terrible doctor. Impossible to reach. She basically treats you like an ATM machine. She pretends to be pleasant during your first meeting then once you start handing over your money she is rude as if I am bothering her with my pregnacy. I would recommend you go elsewhere. Any other doctor s better than Dr "crook"

flag | Submitted September 26, 2014

I have to say my experience with Dr. Cooke has been fantastic. This was the second clinic I went to for answers. I told her what my previous doctor told me (unexplained) and that I wanted an answer, good or bad. I did a ton of testing and she gave me my answer. I'm now being referred for surgery to fix my issue and I couldn't be happier. I will say - the receptionist isn't the nicest person, but everyone else was great.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2014

First of all, the receptionist is very rude. Dr Cooke is very difficult to reach when you have a question, which is unfair considering that we are not only patients but paying clients as well. After a few tests, she told me I fell under the category of unexplained infertility. She kept giving me iui's, and it never worked. I smartened up and left for another clinic, where upon examining the results of the tests from Rouge, I was told that it was clear as day that I had endometriosis. When I first read the comments on this doctor I decided to ignore them because I thought that maybe her "happier" patients just didn't have time to write positive comments. I was wrong! Please consider her ratings before you spend thousands of dollars on false hope. Do NOT settle on this clinic because it is the only fertility clinic in Scarborough. In the end you waste your time and money.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2014

I was sent to Dr. Cooke and I was fully confident about her at the begining. the clinic is clean and staff were nice. After all the test, I was told I was healthy except age. Then I picked IUI with the most expensive medication to start, however, all ended BFN. after two attempt, I started to question if we missed any test. she said no except my age. I was 41. When I decided to leave the clinic, I was told by another doctor both of my tubes are blocked and Dr. Cooke didn't do the HSG test to me. What a joke. Money is one thing, Time is the most important thing. If I were told it is because of the tube, I would go IVF at the beginning. I definitely won't recommend her.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2014

Dr. Carolyn Cooke's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 4-star rating has been posted. "If I learned one thing working in health care, it's that patients are lying little $%#@ and they take no accountability for anything. I have not gotten pregnant..."

February 5, 2016
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "We were referred to this doctor by our family doctor and we went for a whole month of monitoring. She said she didnt know what was wrong with us. It felt like a..."

January 28, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I'm so pleased to write this review. My husband and I sought fertility treatment from Dr.Cooke after being referred from his sister who also had 2 successful p..."

November 23, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "The best thing about Dr. Cooke's office is her secretary Janet. Janet is on point. She is efficient, she'll answer all of your questions and she'll do it corre..."

August 20, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "If u harry to be pregnant so dont go to this Dr.. She not friendy and unhumble , The office servies its bad , i was with this dr for 4 month and nothing move..."

January 8, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "My wife and i had a horrible experience with Dr Cooke. she had my wife going in for over a year every other morning to monitor her cycle, she kept giving my wif..."

December 5, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "What a terrible doctor. Impossible to reach. She basically treats you like an ATM machine. She pretends to be pleasant during your first meeting then once you ..."

September 26, 2014