Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey S. Brown

Awesome Dr. who knows exactly what he needs to do and he saved my life.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2017

This doctor is notorious for running late and he doesnt apologize for it.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2017

Dr. Brown saved my life from hypothyrodism back in the 80s. I was having seizures and was hospitalized. Test after test was showed nothing. I was an master swimmer at the time and had qualified for nationals but I knew that as sick as I was nationals were off for me that year. After seeing Dr. Brown he diagnosed me in several hours. I was near death when I arrived in his office 25 years ago. I've since been back to him this last year and something else is up but have faith he will find it and cure me. You say he may be brash but he by far is the best doctor I've ever known. I have never had more respect for any doctor.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2016

I am a new patient of Dr. Brown's and have had two office visits with him. Yes he does run excessively behind schedule but as others have stated he is very thorough and works diligently to get to the root of your issue. His "bedside manner" is abrupt and curt but he also has a gentler, humorous side as well. He's grown on me and if you have the stamina he'll grow on you too.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2016

I have mixed feelings about my visits with Dr. Brown. It's true that he can come off as curt and unfriendly, but he seems to know his business and doesn't bother beating around the bush, he's there to figure out what you need. Both my surgeon and my general physician were impressed that Dr. Brown was able to detect the small nodule on my thyroid that ended up being cancerous. I have him to thank or who knows how long I would have gone on having thyroid cancer without even realizing it. The more you visit Dr. Brown, the friendlier he seems to get. Sometimes he takes his time to find out everything going on with you, other times it feels like you're being rushed. But any concern you have he will take it seriously. I trust Dr. Brown completely. However, the waiting time can be bad! On 2 or 3 occasions I waited over an hour past my appointment time before I finally saw the doctor. I was pretty frustrated with that since I was having to see him during my lunch break (and I'm paid by the hour). Most recently, the staff refused to let me see the doctor until I paid my last bill. I reminded them that I visit Dr. Brown every month and have never missed a payment. Still I wasn't allowed to see the doctor until I paid them with cash or a check right there on the spot. Seemed like a pretty lousy way to treat a loyal patient. Brown is very brilliant but I'm now considering finding another endocrinologist due to poor scheduling and the way I was refused important treatment so they could get their money right away.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2015

Dr. Brown is amazing! I honestly believe that he saved my daughters life! He does run behind at times. That's because he is so thorough. He takes time with every patient and listens to all of their concerns. He doesn't rush you out the door. I have no problem waiting for him because I know the level of care my daughter has received from him. I am leaving my Endocrinologist to become.a patient of Dr. Brown. I don't even want to think about him retiring! Plus, his office staff is awesome! Just for the record, he doesn't always run behind. Most of the time, the wait in his office is the same in any other doctors office. Sometimes, emergencies happen also and a patient who is having a critical problem has to be seen.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2014

flag | Submitted June 5, 2014

Dr. Brown is always late for his appointments. I have made a early morning appointment hoping he would not be behind and waited 1.5 hours. The time before I waited 1.45 hours. I made a comment about it and he said, "not too bad". What? He has no consideration for a patient's time. He is a good doctor and has helped me tremendously, but I always dread making an appointment with him. Plus, he does not take Blue Cross offered through the Affordable Care Act (Obama Care). I am going to have to find another endocrinologist who takes my insurance, and hopefully more considerate of his patients.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2014

Don't bother with this Dr.! He was rude, curt, cut me off while I was trying to tell him why I was there. He looked down the list of drugs I gave him that I was using and automatically told me that f he was going to treat me he would not prescribe that one. I have used that one for 7 years and it works fine. He made a diagnosis without listening to me and by just one thyroid drug I was using. He made me so mad that I got up from my seat, told him we are done here and walked out! His unwillingness to let me actually talk to him about my situation and history told me, his opinion matters, mine did not. Sorry, I know my situation, he does not. Arrogant, rude waste of my time!

flag | Submitted February 27, 2014

I wrote a review on Dr Brown on 3/2/09 in a time where I did not think through things very well. I would like to come back and apologize for the post in 09 because Dr Brown did help me by getting me to surgery while others did not believe me. My case is very complicated and instead of sticking with Dr Brown for a longer period of time and being more patient with the process, I knee jerked on a negative reaction. Dr Brown is not arrogant, at least not to me and my husband he was not. He took time, listened and responded accordingly. Yes, he is a little curt, but he wants to get things right. When my situation did not improve, it was a blow to all of us. I apologize for my actions and reactions. If I had a CT scan that would have showed what was in my chest, he would have sent me back to the surgeon to reoperate. We all need to understand what it is like to go from room to room and patient to patient all day long, then we would maybe give the doctor grace for the stress they go through.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2012

Dr. Jeffrey S. Brown's Credentials

• Finch U Of Hs/Chicago Med Sch, North Chicago Il 60664 (Grad. 1976)