Ratings for Dr. Maria L. Mitchell

My mother was threatening to leave the hospital as she had not been allowed food for 20 hours. I called Dr. Mitchell's office to ask for help and she wasn't in. The office staff said someone would call me back right away. It was 3 days later when I was contacted. By that time my mom had had a stroke and the doctor was not even aware that this had happened. The office staff asked me for a medical update. I never did hear from Dr. Mitchell herself. I feel she also over-prescribes medications and doesn't seem to have knowledge that often the elderly require a lower dosage of medications than a middle-aged adult. I have seen my mother with overdose symptoms on several occasions and I feel Dr. Mitchell rushes to prescribe pain and sleep medicines.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2009

She is an Awesome Doctor. She's blunt & to the point. She doesn't BS you with possibilities. She actually cares about her patients, Especially those with chronic pain. She isn't like a lot of doctors who could give a crap less if you are in pain or not; She listens to you, she gives you options for pain relief. She doesn't just write you off with a crappy prescription or give you meds just because she doesn't have an answer/diagnosis like most other doctors do. I have weird reactions to meds; been on probably 200 diff kinds & all those repeated by doctors who don't listen to the fact i've been on them & they didn't work. Dr. Mitchell listened to me, & helped find me something that will help with my pain. Since i've been seeing her i'm not stuck in bed all day; Im actually able to LIVE my LIFE! She is a nice, funny lady who is blunt & to the point, NO BS. She listens & truly cares for her patients. She answers all questions fully, & helps in any/every way she can! I Highly Recommend her

flag | Submitted October 25, 2008

Maria Mitchell is not a good doctor. You will see the nurse more then her. She rushes in, does not sit down, does not look in your eyes. You tell her your issue, she pauses and then *POOF* she is gone (she is probably googleing your issue) she does not return, she sends in her nurse to give you the low down. Questions, no, patience, no. I have seen her for almost two years trying to establish some kind of relationship with her and she acts like she doesnt even know who I am, and she hates my kid...DO NOT SEE HER. OH also my mother seen her too and was misdiagnosed for two years!

flag | Submitted October 10, 2007

Dr. Maria L. Mitchell's Credentials

• Univ Pj Safarika, Lekarska Fak, Kosice, Czechoslovakia (Grad. 1975)