Ratings for Dr. Andola C. Mathis

I would like to know what her csection rate is because she obviously prefers to do csections over vaginal births and will stop at nothing to bully and manipulate people into having a csection. Stood by my bedside for an hour and a half telling me I was basically killing my baby by insisting on having a VBAC. (I was successful in spite of her bullying me through my entire labor!!) When she saw I was not going to give up she demanded I at least get an epidural so I will "be ready WHEN I have my csection" Listed all the side effects of general anesthesia as if they were side effects of having a VBAC without an epidural -- of course including the side effect if death or death to my baby. Made me sign a handwritten(by her) sheet of paper that I was knowingly putting myself and my baby at risk by refusing to VBAC with an epidural. The worst part is she does it with a smile and a very chipper attitude -- very passive aggressive. Unless you're happy to follow along with her plan and have an elective cesarean for any old unnecessary reason don't hire her!

flag | Submitted December 5, 2014

Our experienc with Dr. Matthis has been great. She handled one of our miscarriages, D&C, and our current pregnancy. She was patient with all our questions and needs and we would recommend her.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2011

I attended a birth with this doctor. She was very abrasive, used threats to terrify my client and harrassed her repeatedly during labor. I would seek a new practice if you are currently with her practice as a pregnant patient. Especially if you are considering a VBAC which is a safe a viable option for most women.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2010

She was very kind and helpful; I had to have surgery and she did a wonderful job. i had no complications and no worries she kept me informed and answered my questions very well. I would continue to go back to her

flag | Submitted November 20, 2008

doctor andola mathis is a wonderful caring doctor that loves to take care of people

flag | Submitted October 9, 2007

Dr. Andola C. Mathis's Credentials

• Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine (Grad. 1999)

MSP/BC Med