Ratings for Dr. Michael L. Bennett

The best word to describe my appointment is odd. The receptionist was loud and obnoxious. I could hear everything she said to anyone who walked in the door, name, address, insurance... Dr. Bennett wasn't prepared to meet with me. He didn't bother to review information my doctor sent, information his two medical assistants recorded or information I brought in. He mumbled to himself at the beginning of the appointment and used acronyms I wasn't familiar with, which he didn't bother to explain. I asked him about ordering blood work, he refused. I asked another doctor to order blood work and I'm glad I did, my results were abnormal. I was looking forward to seeing Dr. Bennett because I was told he was into research. I wasn't impressed.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2012

Patient. Knowledgable. Took time to explain. I am suprised by the first review. You must of caught him on a bad day. His staff told me how wonderful he was before I saw him and I said to myself....we will see. Not too impressed with his assistant but he seemed spot on. He called my home! Spoke to my husband and when my husband wasn't getting it all, he asked if my husband prefer he write a letter and he did!! Spoke of my thyroid issue and my lack of making estrogen and my choices. I'm impressed...who calls home??

flag | Submitted December 16, 2010

I thought Dr. Michael Bennett was great. He understood completely and was able to finish my lists of symptoms, better than I could. I love his personality, and would and have recommended him. He is excellent.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2010

I expected a great appointment from the research I did online showing Dr. Bennett's medical history. I was completely wrong...the entire appt. was awful! He just about had me in tears because I was so upset and I broke down when I left. He is very cocky and not very understanding, possibly because he is a male? He assumes that all my symptoms are "nothing." Everything I tried to say was wrong. His words were that I am fine, completely healthy and much healthier than he is? How? Would he like to swap places for a month & have my symptoms...maybe then he would understand?? I went to another location in G.R. a week later and the DR. knew exactly what was wrong within 5-10 minutes and totally understood everything I said. Dr. Bennett was not helpful for me. Too bad because the staff there is great!!

flag | Submitted May 7, 2009

He is THE best physician. He always takes the time to listen, is always laid back & relaxed so that you don't feel like he's in a big rush. It makes it so that you don't forget to tell him or ask him anything. He takes you serious, gets to the bottom of things. He's a rare find, if only all Doctors could have both great bed side manners & great knowledge at the same time. Occasionally he will be running behind but it is always because he is so thorough and takes time to listen to you. He's so great though, he's worth the wait.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2008

Is well read on up on the latest research. Respects your thoughts and ideas. Takes the time necessary to answer you questions. Great surgeon (personal experience and feedback from hospital staff). I would recommend him to anyone needing a physician for gynecology.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2007

Dr. Michael L. Bennett's Credentials

• Wayne State University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1975)

• Blue Cross Of California