Ratings for Dr. Wingtat Mui

Dr. Mui spent more time looking at a computer terminal than listening to me during my visit. After 6 visits he never examined me for a physical . Only listened with stethascope twice . He seemed minimally interested in my complaints and is remiss in following up. If you are Medicare he spends little time with you but bills a lot.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2014

Dr. Wingtat Mui was an excellent doctor. I went to him one month ago needing an anti-depressant. I thought I needed Welbutrin, but he felt that Celexa would be a better option. I have been on the medication for one month and I feel 100% better. He was one of the kindest and most personable doctors I have ever visited. I strongly recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2009

Dr's very nice and will explain in depth if asked. He works along with 2 other doctors and their office is often crammed with patients so be ready to wait but what's nice is they allow walkins (that's mostly the cause of the wait). Only other complaint would be that they are general practitioners who try to do it all (testing, ekgs etc.)without referring you to a specialist. Are all these tests necessary or income motivated? You be the judge. Also, specialists are there for a reason.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2008

I came in with sore throat and white patch on my tonsil.I told him that I suspected that I had strap throat.He looked it up and said "yes, you have strap throad and I gonner give you some antibiotics." I asked,"Do you need to do throat culture?"He answered,"NO.We normally don't do throat culter unless you don't response to drugs,then we will do resistance test."So,I went home with 7 days Amoxicilin and Tylenol.Nine days later, the white patch still there.So I looked up the internet and talked to a nurse practitioner in my school.Here are the info. I found out: You CAN'T diagnose strap throat without culture! There are many organisms cause sore throat and white patch.If you do have strap troat, you should take antibiotics for 10 days (NOT 7 days)! Undertreated strap throat may lead to serious complications include reumatic fever and glomerulonephritis (severe renal disease). You can imagine how frightened and upset I am now.He might be a nice person but he definitely not a competent MD.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2008

He's very young but very patient and nice. Always listens when you speak and explains everything clearly. Not intimidating like other doctors.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2007

Dr. Wingtat Mui's Credentials

• Farsi

• Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of City University Of New York (Grad. 1999)

Amalgamated Clothing & Textile Workers Union