Ratings for Dr. Michael Wood

I have been Dr. Wood's Patient for about 5 years. Dr. Wood has looked after me when, unfortunately for him, he was on a staycation and he came in through his vacation to look after me. I am now going to copy what someone else said as I am having the exact same experience: I have difficult condition to treat, but Dr. Wood never gives up on trying to see what will be in my best interest and best option for me, to live the best QUALITY OF LIFE possible! I TOTALLY RECOMMEND DR. WOOD. HE IS THE BEST DOCTOR WHEN IT COMES TO DOING WHAT IS BEST FOR HIS PATIENTS!!!! He's Awesome! And re: Punctuality, he is way better than most! Thank you so much, Michael:)

flag | Submitted October 28, 2017

Arrogant and completely uninterested in me as a patient. I'm not sure who gave him a degree but he should NOT be qualified to work with other humans. He has the worst bedside manner of anyone I could imagine.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2017

Dr. Michael wood performed total knee replacement on both knees in 2013. I had extreme pain before the surgery and after surgery I was up walking the same day! Yes the same day on both surgeries. No pain at all in the knees now and I am walking without aids, maybe not fast but for sure long distances. I wish I had done it sooner. Joy his assistant is fantastic, very helpful , listens to the patient's needs and always pleasant. I wouldn't see any other Dr. but M. Woods.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2017

Have had two hip replacements surgeries performed by Dr. Wood with excellent results. I have total mobility. I am so grateful for his expertise. He always presents a caring and pleasant manner. His office assistant is without a doubt treasure...so pleasant and efficient in all circumstances. They make a winning combination :-)

flag | Submitted August 29, 2016

Arrogant, inconsistent, doesn't listen.it felt like he had a diagnosis and although it contradicted what I was saying, he wouldn't consider what I was telling him.tests confirmed I was correct.six months after injury nothing had been done,I had to push for specialist consult and physio.if I hadn't asked, nothing would have happened.on two occasions he allowed other doctors to interrupt my consultation, constantly seemed disinterested.he recommended one test then failed to requisition it, delaying my recovery by six weeks.overall, not impressed!!!!!

flag | Submitted June 2, 2016

I run into some problems with guys over horse related issues at Woodbine. Dr. Wood did an excellent job with healing process of my knee caps. Four stars for knowledge because he was not familiar with the cause of damage but now that I paved the path he has the experience and guarantees the discretion.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2016

Dr. Wood is a excellent doctor. Very knowledgeable and took the time to answer all my questions. He was very compassionate doctor and was able to provide me with reassurance that everything was going to be ok with my baby girl. Thanks to Dr. Wood my daughter is totally fine and no further issues with her diagnosis. Will forever be thankful to him for everything he did.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2016

Excellent work on my knee replacement. Minimal scaring. Quick healing.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2015

Waiting for results and information on how to proceed with my recovery. No real help in terms of physiotherapy tips and ways to get the recovery process better.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2015

Good doctor, sometimes too fast but in general I think he knows what he't talking about. The only thing I really don't like is the secretary, omg she is so so so rude, she has a sarcastic comment for everything, if you want to get an appointment or cancel or change it, is always something rude for the to said. I really don't like her, but anyways I'm there for the doctor not for her.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2015