Ratings for Dr. Michael Wood

Have had two hip replacements surgeries performed by Dr. Wood with excellent results. I have total mobility. I am so grateful for his expertise. He always presents a caring and pleasant manner. His office assistant is without a doubt treasure...so pleasant and efficient in all circumstances. They make a winning combination :-)

flag | Submitted August 29, 2016

Arrogant, inconsistent, doesn't listen.it felt like he had a diagnosis and although it contradicted what I was saying, he wouldn't consider what I was telling him.tests confirmed I was correct.six months after injury nothing had been done,I had to push for specialist consult and physio.if I hadn't asked, nothing would have happened.on two occasions he allowed other doctors to interrupt my consultation, constantly seemed disinterested.he recommended one test then failed to requisition it, delaying my recovery by six weeks.overall, not impressed!!!!!

flag | Submitted June 2, 2016

I run into some problems with guys over horse related issues at Woodbine. Dr. Wood did an excellent job with healing process of my knee caps. Four stars for knowledge because he was not familiar with the cause of damage but now that I paved the path he has the experience and guarantees the discretion.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2016

Dr. Wood is a excellent doctor. Very knowledgeable and took the time to answer all my questions. He was very compassionate doctor and was able to provide me with reassurance that everything was going to be ok with my baby girl. Thanks to Dr. Wood my daughter is totally fine and no further issues with her diagnosis. Will forever be thankful to him for everything he did.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2016

Excellent work on my knee replacement. Minimal scaring. Quick healing.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2015

Waiting for results and information on how to proceed with my recovery. No real help in terms of physiotherapy tips and ways to get the recovery process better.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2015

Good doctor, sometimes too fast but in general I think he knows what he't talking about. The only thing I really don't like is the secretary, omg she is so so so rude, she has a sarcastic comment for everything, if you want to get an appointment or cancel or change it, is always something rude for the to said. I really don't like her, but anyways I'm there for the doctor not for her.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2015

I saw Dr Wood after an accident at work. I went to St Joes, where the wait was awful each visit, but the care Dr Wood provided, made up for every minute. His office staff are incredible and were always friendly and helpful. Dr. Wood is direct and to the point, which in my opinion is how a doctor should be. With a serious injury as I had, he told me exactly what was going on, told me how it was when I was being lazy, and provided the care I needed - including an emergency procedure within a day. He is HIGHLY recommended in my books.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2013

I have been Dr. Wood's Patient for over 30 Years. Dr. Wood is an amazing doctor, he is very caring and he will always to look out for your best interest. I have a very difficult conditoin to treat, but Dr. Wood never gives up on trying to see what will be in my best interest and best option for me, to live the best QUALITY OF LIFE possible! I TOTALLY RECOMMEND DR. WOOD. HE IS THE BEST DOCTOR WHEN IT COMES TO DOING WHAT IS BEST FOR HIS PATIENTS!!!! He's Awesome!

flag | Submitted June 19, 2013

Dr Wood is just brilliant - hey I got a blot clot in my knee replacement (DVT is what all the medic people call it - ****ing ****, blood clot scares the bejasus out of you and it did for me) but he was there over the weekend everyday when I should have been home and HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN HOME (fyi, he does have different dress styles from the Fracture Clinic to Surgeon checking on your knee replacement to '****' you are a 1% that gets a blot clot (sorry DVT) from this gig! I don't care what anyone else says and eventually I will need to get my right (other) knee replaced (I was a runner and ran the New York City Marathon) and it will definitely be Dr Wood that I want to do it!!! No friggin question!!!

flag | Submitted June 6, 2013