Ratings for Dr. Charles G. Shissias

My name is Vanessa Stamps Ayangbayi.. I was a patient of Dr.Shissias at Charity Hospital in New ORleans, La. I was itroduced to him by and emergency room Doctor that did know what to think of me . i couldn't lay on my back, or either side . The only got relief laying on my stomach with my arms tucked underneath me . Well he was the prescription for just what was causing me such anguish. My heart was about to sit on my head and beat because my body was not big enough to house it . This is not enough enough room to tell everything. But to make a long story short. He was passionate about we had happened to me . He later called and ask me to be his study in class because he was about to end his internship at charity hospital where i wss a tulane patient. He then to consult with other colleges, abut my condition. I met a host of doctors . But none of them knew what to call my condition. He knew and i knew. I was kindly asked to come to a class he was teaching that day . So we set everything up . He told me to stand up a go to the blackboard to write my name . i did it wasnt my best . He began to discuss the condition and the uncontrolled movement. Some of the other interns tried to name my condition and one did almost got it . But after awhile Dr. Shissias told them the name of the diagnosis : Tardive Dyscanisia And abnormality of the Nervous. SYstem.. Dr. Charles Shissias, THANK GOD ! For putting you in my life as a blessing and a lesson !! Iwas in my forties back then i'm now at the rip old age of 62 . My husband Charles H. Stamps , passed away. I have remarried. I'm now Mrs. Vanessa McNeil Ayangbayi, yes he's African Nigerian. My spine has been straighten. Have had 4 back surgeries ,knee replacement an so on . Thank you for your passionate curiosity of the anatomy!

flag | Submitted June 22, 2018

He's very, very rude & not interested in anything I have to say.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2016

Totally surprised at the negative comments. I have seen him twice and found him to be both professional and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2015

First visit changed my meds with no exam. Prescribed the most intence and scary meds I have ever taken found out for bi polar patients. All I needed was a substitute for a sleep med determeed to be dangerous. He then subscribed something suitable with the other meds I have taken for years. My life and health was good. He then refused thru his staff to deny renuwal of meds he has approved for years. No explanation. My life currently sucks.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2014

Refuses to complete paperwork related to the injury/illness he is treating you for. Doesn't give you an explanation and makes you wait for 5 1/2 weeks while he decides whether he is going to complete the paperwork or not. My SLTD is going to be cut off due to his lack of professionalism. Deserves less than 1 star.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2014

Dr. Shissias is a superb physician. His diagnosis and treatment plan changed my life! Now, I can live life more fully and how I want to! Thanks to this physician!

flag | Submitted September 25, 2013

Never keeps appointments, staff is rude and unconcered. I've gone 3 times and no Dr. showed up

flag | Submitted March 11, 2013

he seemed to know what he was talking about on the first visit but in subequent visits he became arrogant, rude, condescending and never treated my migraines. he had me in tears in his office on my third visit and i decided that was enough. he forgets he works for his patients. he just doesnt care or listen.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2011

I went to this doctor in order to come of a particular medication. He was super quick to prescribe a medication and tell me what to do. I thought I might have been worried too much about my situation, but with the way he handled the visit it seemed like no big deal. He might know a lot but he does not do or seem to care enough. After following his instruction (and never having him respond to any of my phone calls, which he said he would be sure to do) I ended up in the emergency room bc he reduced my medication so rapidly i had horrible withdrawl as well as a bad side effects on the new med he prescribed. i was so scared. i had to take a leave from work in order to straighten things out. after going to an old doctor, they were appalled at the care dr.shissia gave me. Let's call it lack of care. I don't recommend anyone to see this doctor.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2011

Superb physician! Very helpful in management of my medicines.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2010

Dr. Charles G. Shissias's Credentials

• Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)