Ratings for Dr. Timothy Thoits

I absolutely love Dr. Thoits! I have been a patient of his for a rare neurological condition and severe headaches for over 8 years. During that time he has been very caring and considerate as well as keeping me informed about treatment options. I appreciate the fact that he never seems in a hurry during my visits. :-)

flag | Submitted December 1, 2014

I have been an epilepsy patient of Dr. Thoits for over a decade. He has been an outstanding caregiver for me, and I deeply appreciate his concern for my well being.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2014

My fiance was sent to Dr. Thoits after he had a stroke. Dr. Thoits was very impersonal. My fiance was having residual symptoms after his stroke and Dr. Thoits sent him to get an EEG which came back normal. Dr. Thoits basically wrote us off after that. After being unable to come up with a reason, we asked for a week long video-EEG which we had read was very helpful. It took months to get Dr. Thoits to agree but it was the reason we now have a seizure diagnosis. Also, we have gotten other opinions, outside the Spectrum system, and Dr. Thoits seemed to take offense to that. He said he respectively disagreed with both outside specialists. We now have an appointment with a neurologist outside the Spectrum system because we were not getting anywhere with Dr. Thoits. I recommend staying away.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2014

Dr Thoits has been a huge reason why my health has been doing well. I wasn't sure how to read him at first, but I have come to know him as a brilliant, caring, and anextremely personable doctor. He has been so patient (no pun intended) with my constant questions. He has tailored and personalized a treatment for my MS that works for me. Even after I have been doing well, he personally calls me to see how I am, just because he HASN't heard from me. The office staff has been prompt and friendly. I recommend him 100% if you want quality care, with sincerity.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2010

At first came off standoffish, but now is more personable. Knows what he's doing and that's the important thing.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2009

Somewhat unfortunately for me, Dr. Thoits was filling in for my reg. dr. and failed to read my file. He gave me a bizarre diagnosis, wanted to change all my therapies, etc. etc. Fortunately, I decided to not follow his advice and sought saner medical direction which I know saved me from becoming sick. For that mistake on his part, I still harbor feelings of resentment towards him for the anxiety he caused me.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2009

I have a patient of Dr. Thoits for 13 years. He phones his patients with the results of their CAT and MRI scans. I have appreciated this personal service.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2007

Dr. Timothy Thoits's Credentials

• Wayne State University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)