Ratings for Dr. Frank Femino

I came to Dr. Femino with excruciating hip pain. After several attempts to relieve the pain without surgery, he determined that a total hip replacement was the best solution. Although I was anxious about my procedure, Dr. Femino's calm, attentive and caring attitude soon eliminated my fears. His friendly and accommodating office staff were all terrific to work with and truly made the process very easy. Just before the procedure, Dr. Femino explained the whole process and made me feel very comfortable. I felt instant relief when I woke up from the surgery and the doctor followed up with me regularly for the remainder of my short hospital stay. I have returned to many of the activities I had enjoyed before being incapacitated by hip pain. I highly recommend him to anyone suffering with hip or knee pain. Thanks to Dr. Femino, I feel like a new person and more like my "old self"!

flag | Submitted September 24, 2015

I've been Dr. Femino's patient for 14 years. He replaced my left hip in 2001. I suffered with degenaritive arthritis for many years and was in pain 24 hours a day . I work as a machinist and stand all day long. My surgery went smooth, no complications at all. I returned to work 3 months later pain free. As the years passed my right hip got progressively worse. Dr. Femino replaced that one in 2013. Again the procedure went flawlessly. In the years in between my surgerys, less invasive techniques were developed. Dr. Femino has allways assured me that he uses the latest and best technique and prostisis available. My 2013 surgery was almost totally pain free. I was back to work in 8 weeks, on my feet 9 to 10 hours a day! Had my yearly follow up visit today. X-rays show that my 14 year old replacement has no visible wear or loosening. I'm totally pain free and have the utmost faith and respect for Dr. Femino. I should mention that when I first went to him I was 43 years old and my left hip had been bone on bone for several years. My orthopedist at the time said that my case was very difficult due to the amount of wear and damage to my hip. He referred me to Dr. Femino because he felt that he could do what needed to be done. Dr. Femino was relaxed and confident. When we discussed the difficult nature of my case he said that this was what he did, and assured my that it would turn out fine. He also stressed the importance of the required physical therapy and exercise to rebuild strength and restore range of motion. I'm now 57 years old and totally pain free. I go to the gym 3 times a week, I cut my lawn, remove snow, and still stand on my feet all day at work. I would refer anyone needing joint replacement surgery to Dr. Femino without hesitation. He gave me my life back. ,

flag | Submitted August 27, 2015

I had two knees replaced...I am pain free, each surgery was easy, and he is kind and caring !

flag | Submitted July 21, 2015

I could not have made a better choice. He is an excellent doctor and surgeon. He is also very caring and compassionate.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2014

I can't believe how satisfied and grateful I am to Dr. Femino. After years of suffering with osteoarthritis in my hips I am completely pain free and carrying on a normal ACTIVE life again. I had my first total hip replacement a few months ago and then the other one two months later. Within 3 days I was walking without a walker and feeling stronger every day. It's amazing to me how easy these two surgeries went. I was treated at Clara Maas Hospital in Belleville, NJ which has a separate wing for orthopedic surgeries where you get a private room at no extra cost. I picked Dr. Femino after asking around for a reputable, caring surgeon. Everyone I asked recommended Dr. Femino. I felt comfortable after meeting him because he took the time to explain how the whole procedure and hospital stay would go. What I will say is that post operative physical therapy is VERY important. You must keep up with it for about a month so you get your muscles back up to their previous strength.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2014

Had both knees replaced in 2012 & 2013. Had a great result due to his expertise and care. His staff and the staff at the hospital are excellent. Dr. Femino puts you at ease as does his nurse practitioner. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2013

Had partial knee replacement following botched knee reconstruction. Had a bit of a wait past my appointment. But once I was in the room, he took the time to listen to me and looked at everything. He was very helpful. Following surgery, I've healed very nicely. He was great throughout the entire process and afterwards. Definitely would and have recommended him to friends & family.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2012

Dr. Femino recently performed a knee replacemnt surgery on my grandmother. Since the surgery my grandmother has not had any problems walking ever since she has felt better when walking. she loves dr. Femino and says that when she gets her other knee done only dr. Femino can do it. He is great when interacting with his patience.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2010

Unfortunately I had a horrible experience. My mother had an accident and was under workers comp. The workers compensation supervisor speaks to you like you are dirt. Would yell and interrupt you if you have any question. The doctor stated he did not know what to do next and said he could not see her anymore. Just gave up after 2 visits.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2010

I recently had a total knee replacement performed by Dr. Frank P. Femino at the Clara Maass Spine and Joint Institute. As a result, my recovery to-date has been at a much faster rate than I had hoped, and definitely at a more rapid rate than others that had received similar services by other surgeons. I attribute my rapid rate of recovery, and lack of complications, to the skill and professionalism of Dr. Femino, as supported by his extremely capable staff – both in his orthopaedic group and within the medical center. It was not by accident or luck that I decided to have this major joint surgery in a facility almost an hour from my home. There were several well-known, respected medical centers that are clearly more accessible to me and my family. However, after learning by word-of-mouth about Dr. Femino and his operation at Clara Maass, and confirming by discussions with professional physical therapists in my local area, it was clear that I would not settle for anyone other than Dr. Femino.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2009

Dr. Frank Femino's Credentials

• Umdnj-New Jersey Medical School (Grad. 1990)

Top Hospitals in Belleville, NJ