Ratings for Dr. Scott Jarvis

he knows his business and he cares. great patient manner coupled with compassion and knowledge.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2017

As you go through life there are people that stand out because they are truly special. One such person is Dr. Scott Jarvis. Many words have been used to describe him such as kind, compassionate, intelligent, knowledgeable, caring, hard working, great sense of humor - a whole page could be filled with adjectives about his qualities. Dr. Scott Jarvis is a" gift". You feel lucky that he's your Neurologist helping you in so many ways to have the best quality of life you can have despite having to live with MS. It's not easy for me to travel to Calgary so I have phone appointments when I can't make it up there. This is the only specialist that I've ever known that will call his patients regularly(every few months) to find out how they're doing and what concerns they may have. Last week I spoke to him over the phone to update him on how I was and to find out if I should be concerned with a change in one of my optic nerves that showed up on a routine eye exam at my optometrists'. Dr. Jarvis is checking the results of the OCT scans to see what they show and if something needs to be done. My optometrist didn't suggest anything else to be done after I told him I had MS. That was disappointing. The South Campus MS clinic is made up of a great team of doctors, specialists and technologists working together to help you. Patients are so lucky to have this wonderful MS clinic headed by Dr. Jarvis. Thank you for your dedication to others and bless you always Dr. Scott Jarvis - You Are A Gift!!

flag | Submitted October 15, 2017

LOVE him. Saw him a few years ago and switched when he moved to South. I finally got to see him again and after having 5 others that just pushed meds for everything and blew me off I finally feel like I have a neuro that listens, I can trust, and values my opinion amd concerns.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2017

Dr Jarvis saw my father when he was being assessed for MS. Many doctors would jump to conclusions with little clinical assessment and confidently diagnosis him with MS while Dr Jarvis was unconvinced. He is beyond knowledgeable, listens to his patients concerns and has a great bedside manner. When my father was busy with harvest, I attempted to contact Dr Jarvis at the request of my father and he stated he would call him at his soonest convenience, as he must be very busy and didn't want to waste his time. A neurologist tending to a farmer? Did I mention he's modest and understanding? We had a great experience with Dr Jarvis and are very thankful to be in his care.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2017

He listens and works on ideas and solutions during his appointments. He gets results. My best of the 4 neurologists I have had. I cannot recommend him highly enough. I leave each appt. equipped with new ideas/strategies and hope.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2017

I've been a patient of Dr Jarvis for two years now. I consider myself extremely lucky to have been referred to him. Honestly the best Dr I've ever had.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Jarvis' since last summer and I can honestly say out of the 10 or so neuros I have seen over the years, he is the best. He has great bedside manner which a lot of doctors seem to be missing these days, he is very knowledgable and not about over prescribing medications just for the sake of it. If I ever have an issue, I can always get through to Dr. Jarvis' office and he for the most part return my calls himself if not actually taking the call right then (if not him then his nurse will get ahold of him and get back to me). I give Dr. Jarvis 5 stars!

flag | Submitted February 19, 2017

I will get straight to the point. In his opinion any issue you have will be MS. Because of this, he does every patient a disservice. He will not keep his word, he will tell you one thing and say the opposite in his notes. he does not personally review mri results, he simply echos the technicians results. He talks a good game, but that's all it is, a game.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2017

Dr. Jarvis quickly puts you at ease with his wit and intelligence. I highly recommend him to anyone!

flag | Submitted June 6, 2016

Dr. Jarvis is the best doctor of any kind that I've ever had. Extremely knowledgable in a very unassuming way. If you're fortunate enough to be referred to him, you'll be in very good hands.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2016