Ratings for Dr. Greg T. Amarantos

I waited over an hour for my appointment. 2 patients who arrived after i did, and whose appointments were after mine, were seen ahead of me. When i asked what was happening, the receptionist apologized. Then a woman came running into the office, screaming that she was 30 minutes late because of traffic, demanding to be seen. Dr. Amarantos saw her next. All in all, had to wait almost an hour and twenty minutes. Then the doctor was rude, unhelpful, and only looked at his screen. The last straw was when i went back to pick up my orthotics and was given another patient's!

flag | Submitted October 20, 2013

I had bunion surgery, and it was unbelievably easy. I was driving in a week, never needed pain meds. He is definately the guy to go to. His pre op staff was a little annoying because they weren't great about returning calls-but all other staff were kind and professional always.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2011

I like Dr. Amarantos but his staff is HORRIBLE. They seem unable to keep accurate track of appointments, bill correctly, and use office equiptment- it's sad and wrong. Also, I think it's just wrong to expect people to pay for a whole office visit to pick up orthodics.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2009

Dr. Amarantos is nice but his staff is horrible. They called the day before with the incorrect appointment time and then complained at me for getting to the office early. They sent my medical shipment to the wrong address and tried to have me pay for their office mistakes. After months, Dr. Amarantos still has not corrected this problem. While he is fine as a foot doctor, he is nothing special as a business person or an office manager, and I will find another doctor because I am out hundreds of dollars and still in pain because of his staff.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2009

Dr. Amarantos was very polite, efficient and knowledgable when helping me diagnose and correcting my foot problem. The staff was excellent and courteous, and I am definitely recommending Dr. Amarantos to anyone I know with foot problems.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2009

My experience with this Podiatrist was mixed. He did a very thorough job on my ankle, was knowledgeable, friendly and approachable. The nurses and staff were wonderful EXCEPT for their billing dept. (At Weil Ankle And Foot Institute)We were repeatedly OVERbilled for a surgery I NEVER had! It took almost a FULL YEAR to get it straightened out! We had a collections agency calling us (believe me, this has NEVER happened to us before!) because they kept billing us and billing us! Finally, after threatening LEGAL action, they suddenly, "fixed", the problem. They have a very affluent clientele and their office in Des Plaines is top-notch! The nurses were angels!! But the experience with the billing left an extremely bad taste in our mouths. We would definitely stick to an MD next time and NOT this practice.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2008

Dr Amarantos was nice but his staff is HORRIBLE- both on phone and in office. They are RUDE and will screw up billing and refuse to fix it. They want you to pay for a full visit even if you are picking up orthodics. Ridiculous! I told him they had put the wrong time in the comp for my appt and then chastised me for being early and he acted like he cared but it then happened again....they need serious office help who can read, write, and act polite to patients. It's so bad I won't go back to him.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2007

Dr. Greg T. Amarantos's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Gujarati

• Dr. William M. Scholl College Of Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 1983)

The Guardian Life Insurance Company Of America