Ratings for Dr. Susan Kovacs

...................................................

flag | Submitted July 8, 2019

After a year of ongoing suffering I finally got an appointment with a specialist. Unfortunately, it was Dr. Kovacs. She was late, rude, condescending towards my mother and had already seemed to diagnose me before my appointment. She suggested that I had IBS (because of my stomach pain and vomitting) and there was nothing she could do to help me. She referred me to a psychiatrist because she seemed to believe the pain was in my head. She is dismissive and diagnosed me without sending me for a single test. She also made it very clear that she was the one who went to medical school therefore, she had to be correct. She diagnosed a friend of mine with IBS and that there was nothing to do to help her. My friend later found out (upon an appointment with a competent doctor) that she was actually suffering from Crohn's disease. As someone who's had ongoing health issues my entire life, I have never had a worse experience with a doctor. If you've been referred to Dr. Kovacs, I strongly urge you to request a different doctor as you will not get any treatement or kindness from her.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2019

I DO NOT recommend Dr. Susan Kovacs at all! She had clearly made up her mind about a diagnosis before my daughter's appointment and was totally wrong. When told my daughter had been diagnosed with a parasite (while we had waited 5 months to see her) she dismissed it, saying parasites could not cause these symptoms (stomach pain and daily vomiting, low iron). She was rude and condescending in person but her written report was actually vengeful. Her opinion was that my daughter had IBS with features of gastroparesis (even though she had no symptoms of either), and that this was a possible case of Munchausen by Proxy! She refused to change her report even though my daughter's symptoms were improving with the treatment for the parasite. She is a mean and arrogant doctor! She made it clear in our visit that she was the only one in the room who had been to gastroenterology school- as if we didn't know that! I am happy to say that my daughter was perfectly well again after 4 rounds of treatment over a one year period. Luckily our family doctor wrote a strongly worded note on my daughter's chart to state that I had not done anything to cause my daughter's ailment, but it still bothers me that a completely incorrect and mean-spirited report sits on her medical file because of a doctor who could not admit she was wrong! She needs to retire or go back to school to learn the latest about parasites and about how to talk with patients!

flag | Submitted March 21, 2019

Dr Kovacs is an excellent doctor. She is very current on the latest research and brings an open mind to patient consults - we've never felt rushed. Her care and follow-up are excellent.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2019

She doesn’t think outside the box, and I’ve Been in pain for a while and she hasn’t got tests done, very old school,

flag | Submitted December 2, 2018

i agree with some of the comments, where she only talks and talks , dismisses the idea of TESTs and even if the tests are done , provides misinformation thru her secretary and avoids conversation over the phone . My daughter has been suffering but the Dr does not care, i feel she is picky with her patients and discriminating . Going to file a complain with the Ministery of Health and Long term care . Enough is Enough , its been 9 months already and we dont even get to see the test results that come from the LAB .

flag | Submitted September 27, 2018

Dr. Kovacs is incredibly knowledgeable and amazing with kids. She took the time to talk to us about my daughter’s issues and really put my mind at ease. I finally felt like I had answers. She’s one of the best doctors I have met. Thank you Dr. Kovacs!

flag | Submitted September 18, 2018

She is one of the nicest if not the nicest doctors that i have ever met in my 26 years in this country. She spend over 45 minutes with my daughter and me carefully educating us about our diagnosis. She is smart, compassionate and kind. Her secretary is very nice as well.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2018

We visited the doctor today with my daughter and she took her time to explain everything to us. Amazing doctor!

flag | Submitted October 3, 2017

In our experience over the last 5 years Dr Kovacs and Office Manager Katy are wonderful and are very effective and efficient. The process is to leave ONE message to allow for an efficient process - Katy always returns calls promptly. Some of the comments I read are not accurate and perhaps tell only parts of the story.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2017