Ratings for Dr. Lisa J. Jerrells

I was with Dr. Jerrells for probably two years, my mother's choice (I was still on her insurance). I feel like googling answers about your issues would be more helpful than going to Dr. Jerrells.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2016

Dr. Jerrells has got to be one of the best Doctors for ME, very compassionate and not afraid to share her own history which makes me feel like we are all living on the same planet. I read what some of the other responders have said and believe those issues with staff and scheduling have been resolved, believe me there was a time there when I thought... why do I come back here. she has addressed that and issues seem to be fine, thank you Carol. I 've always been in charge of my own health but have no problem when she says to me, you need to get this tested, she is not quick to determine what may be wrong but she also will listen to your issues and not make you feel like you are just imagining something. Love this Doc.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2014

I went because my ob tested and my TSH levels came back low. I also needed a general physical since I hadn't had one in years. She was late, none of the staff wear scrubs, not even the Dr! She didn't physically examine me. She asked questions about my family's history, but only a few questions. She asked about my hospitalizations and surgeries, not actual problems that didn't require hospitalization. She didn't examine me at all, ordered blood tests which I had to do at the hospital, and then asked ME what to put as my reason of visit today on her form. What kind of doctor asks the patient at the end of the examination (which there wasn't) what he/she should put as reason for visit? I will not be going back to say the least. Also, I was explaining a complication with my episiotomy's healing and she referred to my vagina/vulva as "bottom". I'm guessing she cheated her way through medical school if she cannot even use anatomical terms. She needs more training. Awful bedside manner.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2014

the best doctor ever and staff is wonderful always gets u in runs the right test and just great with my daughter

flag | Submitted December 19, 2013

Terrible!! Felt like she didn't even care about my matter just wanted to get me in and out as quickly as possible to get to the next person! Lisa use to care about her job but she has changed!

flag | Submitted March 14, 2013

flag | Submitted October 27, 2012

Did not even fully review case with us before deciding there was nothing she could do. Felt decision was based soley on the age of my son and not his medical need. Basically threw us out of her office...worst doctor ever.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2011

Dr. Jerrells is one of the best doctors I've dealt with. She is great with patients and shows genuine concern. Her office staff, specifically the receptionist, leaves MUCH to be desired. The receptionist was too busy flirting with the computer guy to pick up the phone at 8am and give a lost patient directions to the office. I mistakenly thought email would get a faster response than a voicemail (no one has EVER answered the phone when I've called - I have ALWAYS left a message which I find just bizarre for a doctor's office) and when my email still went unreturned, I started with the voicemails again. I love Dr. Jerrells but the frustration of getting through to someone/anyone at her office may force me to change physicians.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2011

difficult to acquire current phone # and location, diagnosis incorrect, little to no information or follow up care given or advised, unable to contact/speak with real person after scheduling initial appointment, office not equipped to do blood work(inconvenient), office seemed to be more concerned about cosmetics and Botox!

flag | Submitted April 8, 2010

Dr. Jerrells has helped our family through incredibly difficult times - she is such a great listener, has a great bed side manner, and can relate to her patients. She seems to treat us like she would want to be treated. I have recommended her and will now and in the future. We love her! (Office staff, awesome, too - they will watch my girls when I need to speak to Dr. Jerrells privately. They are friendly and very helpful....and punctual!) The low scorers obviously have a perspective that probably reflects their own personalities....negative.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2010

Dr. Lisa J. Jerrells's Credentials

• In Univ Sch Of Med, Indianapolis In 46202 (Grad. 1997)