Ratings for Dr. Ingrid L. Isakov

The doctor sat with her back facing me. She was told that I was seeking a PCP and that I needed a physical. She did no lipid, liver, or kidney labs. She did not understand treating thyroid based on symptoms. If thyroid labs are in the established normal range, she will not help you even if you explain that there is a significant change in lab results compared to earlier labs when you felt better. She does not deliver patient-centered care and she did not want to hear anything from me. She wanted to keep moving. The staff insisted that I had to pay for my visit even though my insurance told me the visit was covered 100%. They ended up being paid twice and it took additional time and energy and 2 weeks before the money was returned to me. I have never been mistreated by a doctor as I was at this visit. I decided I will not pay to be mistreated by a doctor and went elsewhere. Too bad that my first experience with Anmed made me decide to stay clear and not look back. I was optimistic about the prospects of working with Anmed as I understood they were a Magnet Hospital.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2017

Her manner is unwelcoming. She doesn't listen. Her first words to me about my fibromyalgia were. You know there is nothing we can do about it. She doesn't listen to you. She doesn't even give you a chance to ask questions. Your only a number. I will be looking for another dr. One that cares enough to listen to her patients. I have a fear of doctors. I get very nervous. I told her this from the start. I comforting words at all from her. Just ratttled off questions and I don't think she really heard what I told her. I have only seen her twice. And the same thing. No caring or compassion.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

I agree with the first two commenters. The wait in the office is undoubtedly the longest I've ever encountered. At my first ever appointment with her, she literally walked into the room, plopped onto her stool, slapped me on the knee and said "you have bell's palsy, kiddo!" this was based on my conversation with her medical assistant. She did more tests whatsoever to confirm the diagnosis and continued to be dismissive of me for six months. When I finally asked for a referral to a neurologist, her response was "fine, but there's nothing they will tell you that I can't. There's nothing we can do." With a problem like mine, seeing her was absolutely the worst thing I could have done. She left me feeling hopeless at each visit, and caused me to waste precious months that I could have gotten treatment elsewhere. But I believed her.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2015

Dr. Isakov is worthless and a lazy physician. She is dismissive and apparently feels it's not her job to give the same level of care many other primary care physicians give. She might be decent if you just feel like spending money every 6 months for a check-up, but for anything truly wrong, don't waste your time.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2015

I like Dr. Isakov very much, but the office is like a factory and staff quality is uneven. Perhaps Medicare reimbursements are the problem and too many patients have to be moved through, but I don't like that factory feeling. As of my last visit, they were not fully up on Electronic Patient Records. That means they must shuffle through paper if I ask what my weight was the last time I was there. That's ridiculous. And I intensely dislike the practice of leaving the patient (to go get a prescription or whatever) without saying that you won't be back. Patients may talk a doctor's ear off if they know they're out of time, but it's lame and unprofessional to just walk away. I don't like it.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2014

I have found that both the first and second ratings are true of this doctor making it difficult to evaluate her as a physician. She is good at diagnosing a problem...yet, I always felt somewhat rushed and like a number. Her nurses are excellent...the general office staff upon arrival is uncaring and overworked! I am reluctantly changing doctors to a smaller facility not associated with ANMED! I'm tired of the long waits, the overcharges on refill RXs, and the uncaring manner overall.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2011

Dr. Isakov is without a doubt the best doctor I have had a privilege to know. She is friendly, cares about the patient, and asks numerous questions before reaching a decision on what course of action to take . I had a rare condition earlier this year, that several Florida doctors could not diagnose. Extreme pain, and nothing was prescribed.. Dr.Isakov, within 2 minutes in her office diagnosed my problem and had me feeling like a new person within hours.. Continuing with medications, and reducing them as I continue to improve. I am so thankful we found her when we moved to this area almost 2 years ago.. Highly recommend her to anyone..

flag | Submitted June 21, 2011

Office is like a Zoo, sick children mixed in with elderly. She does NOT come to the hospitals, she charges to refill RX's. Uncaring and treats you like a number not a person.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2011

Very nice,and decent doc.I like her very much.She knows her medicine,and does not over test and waist your insurance benifits.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2010

Dr. Isakov is a great doctor. She takes time to listen to you and asks a lot of questions to make sure she really understands what going on. She is a kind and caring doctor.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

Dr. Ingrid L. Isakov's Credentials

• Univ Of The Witwatersrand, Med Sch, Johannesburg, So Africa (Grad. 1983)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Anderson, SC