Ratings for Dr. Munir Jamal

My husband had prostate cancer removed back in 2009 and regularly had check ups annually with Dr. Jamal. His PSA readings began to rise after 5 years of clear readings but was brushed off by Dr. Jamal as not concerning. My husband continued annual check ups and his PSA continually rose he insisted on hormone shots which he started last year. Unfortunately even after a check up with Dr. Jamal in December 2017, my husband passed away March 29 2018 of prostate cancer that had metastasized in the lymph nodes, his CT scan showed multiple masses throughout his chest, abdomen and groin area, his kidneys stopped functionally because the masses had been blocking the urethra and eventually the cancer made its way to his brain where he developed encephalitis and within 8 weeks he had passed away. This was all detected by a local hospital in Orangeville and then on to Brampton hospital all the while he was under Dr. Jamal's care and this was never detected. Had he been properly followed up over the last 8 years he would have been able to have the masses treated as we were told by Brampton Hospital but it was detected too late. I just can't understand how someone had so much cancer that was from his original prostate cancer that obviously one cell got away and developed and metastasized over all these years and was NEVER detected. What was the purpose of the annual follow ups? My husband would be alive today had it been detected and treated years ago, instead I watched him rapidly get sicker and sicker in a short 8 week period after been diagnosed in early February he passed the end of March. I am so disappointed with Dr. Jamal and he is after care/follow up. My husband loved dealing with the Dr. but I can tell you I am so upset and disappointed with his follow up care.

Submitted April 23, 2018

Good doctor, I liked the doctor, but very rude staff member, would not recommend that office because of the staff member, at least to me.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2018

Dr Munir ver nice and explaine every thing and very helpful ,recepect the paitent

flag | Submitted February 8, 2018

His timely analysis and quick scheduling of surgery, probably saved my life. His followup went above what I expected, and his professionalism was evident on ALL subsequent examinations.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2017

Dr. Jamal's knowledge, people skills and professionalism should stand as a role model for all doctors.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2016

Excellent Doctor saved my life. He his very knowledgeable and down to earth

flag | Submitted June 1, 2016

Might be helpful if you have prostate cancer, but totally blew off my problem (genital pain). Still suffering to this day.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2016

Incredibly professional doctor and staff. Wish all specialists could run their offices the way his does. He spends the time to explain with clarity, patiently waits to hear your questions and prompt to follow up. His staff genuinely seems to care about patients.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2016

His anaylsis of the problem , quick action in scheduling surgery, and the followup up treatments and examinations...have enabled me to live a normal life. Any delay...and cancer would have ended my life.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2016

Saw him for the first time back in 2011 and after witnessing his great bedside manner and acknowledging that my mom was in the room made me feel so comfortable with him, that's when I decided to change. Y urologist. I saw Dr. Jamal this past Wednesday for a urologist consultant and he was as nice as he was back in 2011 , he answered all my questions as well as my moms, I would highly recommend him,

flag | Submitted September 26, 2015