Ratings for Dr. Daniel P. Schaefer

Doctor Schaefer has taken care of my eyes for several years, and I would recommend his practice to everyone. The wait is short, the staff is very friendly. The doctor does a careful, thorough exam. He has done cataract surgery on me twice, and each time the result was perfect. One time, he saw my wife in an emergency, and she was not even a patient of his.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2013

DR.Sheaffer is a great surgeon and I would be proud to have him work on my eyes anytime. He is truly a talented surgeon. I had basal cell cancer on my lower lid and to look at me now you would never know I had surgery at all.He is terric!

flag | Submitted July 30, 2012

I was recommended to Dr Schaefer from Roswell Park Cancer insitute. due to squamous cell carcinoma on my left eyelid. I got appt quickly. actually within two days, with Dr Schaefer , surgery within the month, and recovery is in process. The stitches come out today. Dr Schaefer has been a blessing for me in my situation. He is talented and gifted surgeon and my eyelid is healing amazing. He did a terrific job. I am ever thankful to him and to have been put into dr Schaefer's care, I cannot express my gratitude. I completely trust him. He is a wonderful man and as I researched him and his father online, I am totally awestruck, that I even was able to have him for my doctor. Many thanks to Dr Schaefer. I totallllllly recommend him to anyone. the negative comments from others, my advice is , You want cozy coffee chat call a friend or family member. This man is very special, he is gifted and talented and yet not arrogant or acts superiour at all, Dr Schaefer has helped hundreds of people.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2011

The Dr is a no nonsense man but this does not mean rude.Always very pleasant and always answers every question I have.I am a diabetic 39yrs and have been seeing the Dr 10+ yrs.He has helped & treated me tremendously.I have had vision issues thru this time and he always laid it on the line, giving me the options of treatment and gives me the power to make the decisions.He has never told me what to do or treats me as incompetent/unable to make informed decisions.Some doctors make you feel they know more u so you must do what they recommend.I feel very confident with Dr Schaefer.I trust him 1000%.Having seen many drs. thru the yrs I can say Dr Schaefer is awesome to work with. It is important to have the confidence I feel with him-he has my best interest at heart and won't take any risk with me or my vision.If waiting is an issue- get over it He is helping people preserve their lives.It may not be life or death, but to save someone's vision is saving their life as they know it.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2011

Very knowledgeable Doctor who repaired my vision and he oversees my daughters eye issues. He has been great with both of us. He is a no nonsense, straight to the point kind of guy who wastes no time with small talk, probably because there are patients waiting for him! True, there used to be a long wait, but that seems to have been rectified, as the last 4 times I went, it was done within an hour! I give him 2 thumbs up!!!

flag | Submitted May 19, 2011

I am surprised at the two previous posts. I see Dr. Schaefer for many eye problems I now have status post brain surgery I had with Dr. Kassam in Pittsburgh (expanded endonasal approach/minimally invasive). He has helped me more than I can say. In my opinion, and others I have spoken to about him, he is the absolute best in Buffalo, New York. Although I have encountered some wait times in the past (but never 3 hours), this is because of the individual attentiion he devotes to all of his patients. He is one of few words, yes, but he is also direct and to the point. Because of his wealth of knowledge, he is able to answer all questions in this way. Keep in mind that it also helps to write down all questions pre-appointment so that you can remain organized in your thoughts, in order to help him help you. I will continue to see this doctor, since he is one of the few that I truly trust.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2009

GRUMPY! No small talk here. No hello, no how are you, nothing. Here's another one - supposed to be the best in his field - so that gives him license to be rude to patients. Plan on a 2 - 3 hour wait. You will get shifted from one waiting room to the next in false anticipation that you're making it to the head of the line. He thinks everyone has a high tolerance for pain. Would not recommend.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2009

The office consistently has wait time up to 3 to 3.5 hours. He did not address my questions and concerns. Despite numerous visits and one uneccessary surgery by him he remained poorly informed regarding my condition.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2007

Dr. Daniel P. Schaefer's Credentials

• State University Of New York At Buffalo School Of Medicine (Grad. 1981)