Ratings for Dr. Seema N. Doshi

I have seen Dr. Doshi at her old clinic which was at Tyson's Corner & then she joined FDL. I feel like she is very knowledgeable & she doesn't rush & I always leave feeling that I got my money's worth. Derm visits are very expensive, so I want to make sure I get my money's worth. I have also taken my son to see her a couple of times for acne. I highly recommend Dr. Doshi

flag | Submitted June 7, 2015

I first saw Dr. Doshi for a mole check and she was very thorough in her exam. She took off one mole because it was so much darker than my others. It ended up being "atypical," and when I was informed a week later, her assistant thoroughly explained my diagnosis to me. I was relieved when she said Dr. Doshi had removed the whole mole, so I didn't need any further treatment. During my mole check, Dr. Doshi told me what the little red dots all over my upper body are. I have since returned to her for the removal of these "cherry angiomas." She used a laser and successfully zapped them all! I already have another cosmetic appointment set up with her. Dr. Doshi and her staff are extremely friendly, punctual, and most importantly, knowledgeable. I have recommended her to all my friends.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2012

She was kind enough to see me as an emergency appointment when my primary care doctor called about a puzzling rash that came on quite suddenly. After taking a lot of time both examining me and taking samples of my skin as well as really listening to me (it is a rare thing these days with busy doctors) she was able to figure out what had triggered the rash and after several days and her prescription, I was almost 100% better. She also called my primary doctor to discuss my case with him. I found her to be very professional and am grateful that she pays attention to what her patients tell her. I have since gone back to have my moles checked and for routine skin care, and have been impressed each time.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2012

I agree about Doshi treating patients as if they were a nuisance. I made an appt for a preventative skin check. She was very hurried. After checking everything, she decided two spots needed to be removed, but I did not receive a good explanation as to why, and before I knew it, she was slicing them off. When she described what she had been looking for, her explanation described about 50% of the moles on my body. So later that evening, I developed a fever of 103 and vomited for several hours. I hadn't eaten anything weird and called the office to see if it was possible I developed an allergic reaction to Lidocaine. I ended up speaking to an assistant who didn't seem to have a clue - No call back from the doc. A few weeks later, another assistant calls to tell me the two spots were abnormal and I should return in 3 months, but he couldn't explain what "abnormal" means. When I went back, it was as if she were surprised to see me (to be continued...)

flag | Submitted November 30, 2012

My OB recommended her for a strange (and scary) rash that developed quickly. She worked me in the same day that my doctor called and was very good at explaining the diagnosis and easing my fears. I was also very impressed by her office staff - they helped me work out an insurance snafu saving me a fair amount of money. Overall I found her (and her assistant) to be pleasant, kind, and very professional.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2012

I saw Dr. Doshi about a potentially cancerous wart. Doshi was everything a medical professional should not be: terse, rushed, inarticulate, and seemingly not-that-knowledgeable all while acting like she'd rather be anywhere else than helping her patient. Her nurses were better, but most of those words describe them to a lesser degree too. She was unable to articulate her diagnosis, tried to get in and out of the appointment room as quickly as she could, and on a personal level acted as though I was a nuisance. She might be great for cosmetic issues if you want to get in and out without much fuss. But if you have medical concerns, I would recommend any clinic but this one and any doctor but Dr. Seema Doshi.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2011

She has sloppy practice, unprofessional, disrespectful she needs almost 10-20 calls in order to answer your concerns and another 3-4 weeks to write you a prescription, over all i highly don't recommend her for any one.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2011

Awful experience with this doctor. Before she even entered the room her assistant told me she didn't have a lot of time. When I did meet her she was abrasive, short, and treated me like I was nothing more than a pain in her rear. She had a paternalistic attitude and she became quite annoyed when I asked questions. In fact, she told me that if I had questions I needed to schedule another appointment. I am certain that my questions were completely reasonable and appropriate and did not require another appointment. She might be knowledgeable, but I wouldn't know since she wasn't too keen on answering questions. As far as her bed-side manner, she is the worst doctor I've ever been to. I complained to the head of the office, Dr. Mikkilineni, about Dr. Doshi's behavior but no one ever responded to me. I also mentioned her behavior to other staff members and I definitely got the impression that she had a negative reputation. Avoid this doctor if you want to be treated as a respected patient.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2011

I came to Dr. Doshi upon the recommendation of several colleagues and found her to be excellent. She found a skin cancer on my foot, of all places, and acted promptly to remove it (that same day) as it seemed concerning to her. She was very thorough in her exam, articulate in her explanation of the diagnosis, and patient when I called her several times the subsequent week after freaking out over my diagnosis. I did have to wait about 40 minutes to see her, but I fully suspect that is because she is equally thorough with her other patients.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2011

I would describe Dr. Doshi as abrasive, paternalistic, impatient, disrespecful of patients' autonomy, and unfriendly. I felt very uncomfortable during my visit with her and I will not be going back. She seemed unwilling to have a conversation with me and annoyed when I asked her questions. It seemed like she wanted to dictate what she thought and expected me to simply nod my head. When I asked for further clarification, she appeared frustrated and condescending. Additionally, during my visit I asked her if she could recommend some over-the-counter acne products. She told me that I had to make another appointment if I wanted to talk about my acne because she didn't have time. This came accross to me as rather petty or that she wanted to get paid for another visit. On a positive note, her assistant, I believe her name was Emily, was very polite and respectful. Perhaps Dr. Doshi chould learn from her.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2009

Dr. Seema N. Doshi's Credentials

• University Of Louisville School Of Medicine (Grad. 1998)

Kaiser-Permanente