Ratings for Dr. Beena M. Johnson

Waiting more than 1 hour before going to exam room

flag | Submitted May 15, 2017

I've been a patient for several years. I love Dr. Johnson. Sometimes the wait is long and sometimes not. Seldom have I been to an OB/GYN that ran on time. Pregnant women always have questions and that is understandable. I really like her a lot!

flag | Submitted February 14, 2017

I am a new patient of Dr Johnsons and I must say that she has the BEST 'Bedside manners" of ANY doctor I have ever had. She is very personable, caring, and explains everything so that you completely understand. Although her office is quite busy which is completely understandable since she is such a GREAT doctor, when she is with you she makes you feel like you are the only one that she is concerned about and you never feel like she is rushing you to get to her next patient. Hands down, I would recommend her to any of my friends without a doubt. Thank you for having me as one of your patients!

flag | Submitted January 20, 2017

Wonderful, caring Doctor. Sometimes there are delays if she has to deliver a baby, but I'm glad I know I'll be seeing her, everytime, and not whomever is just available like at large practices.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017

I moved and needed an OBGYN because I was 10 weeks pregnant. A nurse at the fertility clinic I'd been going to recommended her. The front desk girl is very frustrating to deal with. The nurses are AMAZING... probably one of the only reasons I keep going back! The doctor is good, but both times I have been to see her, she has been one hour or more late and I am told by the staff that this is pretty normal. Also, the equipment she uses looks like it is straight out of the 80's. I have had heartbeats and had ultrasounds done elsewhere and the ultrasounds she does leave a lot to be desired. I have seen her twice and she has yet to try and find a fetal heart rate, which is kind of worrisome. Do I think she can deliver a baby? Yes, but I will be shopping around for a new doc.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2016

As a new patient I was kept waiting for 2+hrs. Dr Johnson was quite curt and disinterested in my gynecological history. She and nurse very disturbed that I wasn't taking birth control pills, even after I explained how they adversely affect me. Tried to discuss my history but without an exam was dismissed and told she was "sorry" for the waste of time but I was free to get another option. And for all that I was still charged $60. Women should not be pressured to ingest unnecessary chemicals and when one makes an new patient appointment it should be understood that a persons history be taken into consideration. This was a very unnerving experience.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2016

I have always had a wait time for an average of 1.5 hours. Today it has been 3 hours. This is outrageous. If you can survive this, it is a great practice

flag | Submitted October 20, 2015

Dr. Johnson is extremely knowledgeable and compassionate. I am an older woman, mid-50's, and she has been my MD for 12 years. I have been through it all - including a diagnosis of cancer. She was the first person I called when I found "the lump". She was instrumental assisting me in referrals and has been excellent in follow-up care - as has her staff. I am 7 years cancer free and cannot imagine myself with anyone else. She is the best.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2015

I have had 4 kids and with 4 different practitioners (due to moving after my first, my midwife left the practice, and my third dr was just eh) and she is by far the best OB/Gyn I have ever had. Like other reviews have stated, sometimes there is a wait but when you get back there you know why. She takes the time to listen, answer questions, and gives great medical advice. She was attentive to me when I was having pre-term labor and encouraging when I needed it. When I delivered my baby all the nurses were telling me that she is one of their favorite drs, and I told them how she was mine too. She is respectful, knowledgeable, and I wouldn't want to deliver with anyone else!

flag | Submitted June 4, 2015

Outside of the wonderful receptionist, the office and staff are awful and unprofessional. They've lost lab work and pap results from me on separate occasions. Needless to say, I will be searching for another doctor.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2015