Dr. Anna Wachtel

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Anna Wachtel

As a New Yorker of 10 years, I have been through a good amount of mental health professionals and it is so rewarding to find one that is so ready to go on the journey with you to make you a better version of yourself. I have only been with Dr Anna Wachtel for less than 3 months and I already have a list of accomplishments, and I have friends and family telling me how I have my old “Pep in my step” coming back! I am so excited I found her and if you’re in need, stop searching! She is truly the most welcoming, caring individual who will hold you accountable and help you reach your goals.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2019

This is my first visit with a psychiatrist and it is like being with a friend. Dr. Wachtel gets me! I tell her something and she understands right away. She sticks to her time schedule, so you are not kept waiting. She has sympathy,empathy and a senseof humor. She is a lovely woman and never talks down to you. She also sees the whole person in her patients..not just the problem that brought you to her. Dr. Wachtel loves the practice of medicine and if you become her patient, you will love her!

flag | Submitted February 22, 2019

Dr Wachtel helped me to undersand that mental illness is an illness that needs to be treated like any other illness . I had been depressed and anxious for a very long time , having troubles with relationships , drank much too much and life wasn’t pleasant. I wish to have looked for help sooner but I’m so happy I’m doing it now. Dr Wachtel had started me on an antidepressant medication that really changed my life around. I feel more comfortable in social gatherings , my choices in partners changed for the better I enjoy my life again!!!

flag | Submitted February 16, 2019

Dr. Wachtel is a sweet and a knowledgeable doctor. She is allowing me to taper off medications in a safe manner. I trust her and know that if I don't feel well she will help me. Her office is very warm and inviting. I'm luck to have found her and thankful that she is working with me in regards to healing and feeling better.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2018

Dr. Wachtel has changed my life. Mental illness is truly a disease and needs to be treated. I know in my experience both through medication and continued therapy. Dr. Wachtel has helped me face deep rooted issues of mine and learn the truth about myself which has improved my relationships and standard of living - for which I’m grateful. Cheers!

flag | Submitted May 20, 2018

Doctor Anna Wachtel did miracles on me! I was like a dad person and I got my life back! My wife can't thank her enough! I have some physical issued like heart problem and without me asking she was very responsible to keep in touch with other doctors to make sure that the medicine she prescribes me fits my physical situation. I highly recommend her! It won't take long for you to feel the improvement! She is generous with her time and truly care about her clients!

flag | Submitted April 16, 2018

The doctor saved my life! I went to her when I could hardly functioning and hardly get out of my bed in the morning. Now I got my life back! I'm much happier and I function very well at home and at work. I got my life back! My husband can't thank her enough! She did miracles on me!

flag | Submitted April 16, 2018

The doctor was sooo helpful to me. She is so knowlegbale and professional. I felt significant improvement after few days. She was on top on blood tests to make sure I'm in a good health. I won't change her for any other doctor. I have alot of experience with other doctors that didn't help me at all! I highly recommend her!

flag | Submitted March 16, 2018

Doctor Wachtel is a nice and friendly person who really is interested in helping me. I feel comfortable talking about my issues, and she takes her time to explain everything very well. She is very professional and takes very serious her patients. I know that is not easy to find a good doctor who I can trust my health. I have been seeing her since last year and it has been very helpful to me.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2018

Dr. Anna Wachtel is the best psychiatrist I have ever seen. I have seen several psychiatrists over a twenty year period and all that has happened was that I was misdiagnosed, given all the wrong medications with the wrong combinations and even too much of some of them at one point. In just a few visits Dr. Anna Wachtel got me on the right medications. She consolidated and ruled out the ones that I did not need and I take only a quarter of what I used to take, as a result I feel so much better. I have a lot more energy. I also feel a lot better about myself and l also feel a lot more in control of what is going on around me everywhere I go. I am taking not half, but a quarter of the medications I used to take, and I feel like I am in control of my life again. I just want to reach out to anyone that is in a similar situation. If you have been seeing multiple psychiatrists and you still feel unhappy on the inside of yourself, even after trying many medications, over a long period of time, then you probably should see Dr. Anna Wachtel. She stopped and fixed that vicious cycle I was going through for many years of being misdiagnosed and given the wrong medications with the wrong combinations and that is why I am so happy those times are finally over.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2017

Dr. Anna Wachtel's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Wachtel is personal, empathic and conscientious. She believes in the importance of developing a trusting relationship, in working together as a team. Dr. Wachtel received her psychiatric training in Beth Israel medical center in NYC Albert Einstein Collegge of medicine. Additional medical training in Sourasky Medical center Sackler Medical School of Tel Aviv University.

• English
  • Italian
  • Hebrew
  • Polish
  • Russian

• Depression (Major Depressive Disorder)
  • Generalized anxiety disorder
  • Social anxiety disorder (social phobia)
  • Bipolar disorder
  • Bulimia nervosa
  • Anorexia nervosa
  • Binge-eating disorder
  • Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
  • Personality disorders