Ratings for Dr. Anna Wachtel

I came to Dr. Wachtel more than a year ago and was immediately impressed by her professional demeanor, medical knowledge and attention to me as a person - not a patient. She cares about your issues, provides feedback, and is diligent about keeping a close tab on you if she prescribes medicine - a very important hallmark for a psychiatric practitioner in what is a crowded medical practice in Manhattan. Within months I was feeling better, getting stronger mentally and physically, and sleeping normally. I was able to extricate myself from a lousy relationship that had gone on far too long and move forward, positively, with my life. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2016

Amazing and very caring Doctor! Listens to you and truly wants to help!

flag | Submitted July 5, 2016

Dr. Wachtel is fantastic, I've been seeing her weekly for therapy and changes in anti depression medication. I've suffered from depression for many years and have been on the same medication for over 15 years. The medication stopped working for me and my last therapist didn't feel I needed at change. I was somewhat anxious about changing therapist, after 15 years, but I was so pleasantly surprised, on the very first meeting, with Dr. Wachtel, that I had made the right decision. Dr. Wachtel is an excellent physician and I have full trust in her abilities with managing my new medication and her therapeutic manner keeps me coming weekly. I have nothing negative to say about her, just the opposite; she 's awesome.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2016

When I first started seeing Dr. Wachtel, I was suffering with chronic depression and bipolar disorder. Dr. Wachtel helped me realize that I am able to overcome my illnesses while also leading a normal and productive life, on the right medication. After detoxing me from the medication that my previous psychiatrist hooked me on, she worked with me to find the medication that suited my health and work habits. She is a great listener and gives excellent advice on leading a healthy, happy life. I am grateful for Dr. Wachtel and I wouldn't be as happy as I am today without her treating me.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2015

I have chronic depression and had seen a few psychiatrists before I met with Dr. Wachtel. We talked thoroughly in our first consultation and together decided on the best program for my well-being. Dr. Wachtel and I met regularly for over 10 years. Our sessions were always productive and I always left with a smile. But most of all we developed a trust that is rare to find between doctor and patient. Had I not moved out of NYC, I would continue to see Dr. Wachtel. I will never forget her kind words and advice and I am forever grateful for her attention and understanding. Thank you Dr. Wachtel.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2014

I'd tried talking to a few psychiatrists before but had not had much luck--not that they were all necessarily bad, I just couldn't click with them. But about a year and a half ago, I found my way to Dr. Wachtel and finally felt I'd found someone I could open up to. She listens, genuinely cares about her patients and works with you. I am so much happier today because of my time with Dr Wachtel. She's helped me figure out a lot of my own issues through therapy and also put me on a prescription that's right for me. My self-confidence has improved 200%, and the way in which I approach my relationships has too. Truly, the relationships I have with myself, my body, my family, my workplace, and even my dating life are all just healthier. I know why I was self-medicating with the wrong things, and once I got that, I was able to stop. When I first started seeing Dr. Wachtel, I cried about all the wrong guys in my life things hadn't worked out with. She helped me to appreciate myself, avoid repeating my past pitfalls, and also how to date "smarter." I'm dating a great guy now, too, who treats me well and I adore. if you'd told me 2 years ago this would be the case, I wouldn't have believed you. I feel like I'm a better version of myself now and finally at ease in so many areas of my life, and I owe so, so much of that to Dr. Wachtel.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2014

Dr. Wachtel was integral to my turnaround from years of alcohol and substance abuse. She's worked with me in getting my life back in order. With the right combination of medications and goal oriented talk therapy, I've been sober and (mostly) anxiety free for about 4 months. I am very grateful for her understanding and professionalism and would highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2014

I have been seeing Dr.Wachtel for almost two years now and I can't imagine my life without her. She provides the honesty and clarity I really needed in my life and she is very skilled in her field. I highly recommend her. She will tell you the truth and help you in any way she can and I think that anyone who had a negative experience with her just wasn't ready to hear the truth or change. To be honest, I was that way at the beginning and she was very understanding of where I was coming from and it quickly became clear that she had the best intentions for me. Truly a warm, wonderful doctor who I am so happy to have in my life.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2014

I did not have a great experience with Dr. Anna Watchel. The only reason I kept seeing her for as long as I did, was because I was desperate to feel better and she took insurance. From my first visit, she is very sweet but had a bad bedside manner. She is not a good listener! I had taken myself off a medication that my previous doctor prescribed for me because of the horrible side effects I was experiencing. That was a mistake and hence why I was seeking professional help this time! I told her I made a mistake but she still was very accusatory stating that someone in the healthcare field should know better! I do believe that she is very smart and knows her stuff but her ego is seriously inflated. She once forgot we had an appointment after I had shown up and waited 30 minutes for her. She was very apologetic after she realized her mistake and I had to reschedule for another day. I do not recommend Dr. Watchel.

Submitted March 10, 2014

Dr. Wachtel helped me during a very difficult time. She always made time to see me as needed. She prescribed the right medication to ease my depression, anxiety as well as my insomnia. She was always open and honest when I had questions or concerns about my medication. She specializes in psychiatry but is also an internationalist so she has a deep understanding of the connection between mental health and the rest of the body. I have recently moved out of NYC and hope to find a doctor as good as her in my new city!

flag | Submitted November 21, 2013

Dr. Anna Wachtel's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Wachtel is personal, empathic and conscientious. She believes in the importance of developing a trusting relationship, in working together as a team. Dr. Wachtel received her psychiatric training in Beth Israel medical center in NYC Albert Einstein Collegge of medicine. Additional medical training in Sourasky Medical center Sackler Medical School of Tel Aviv University.

• English
  • Italian
  • Hebrew
  • Polish
  • Russian

• Depression (major depressive disorder)
  • Generalized anxiety disorder
  • Social anxiety disorder (social phobia)
  • Bipolar disorder
  • Bulimia nervosa
  • Anorexia nervosa
  • Binge-eating disorder
  • Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
  • Personality disorders