Dr. Anna Wachtel

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Anna Wachtel

I've been seeing Dr. Wachtel and I appreciate her forthrightness, integrity and honesty. She's a great doctor and a great person. I always look forward to my sessions with Dr. Wachtel because she always gives me insight.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2017

Before I found Dr. Wachtel, I was in a real dark place and the thought of opening up to anyone or asking for help - was quite honestly terrifying and overwhelming. After researching several doctors on Psychiatry Today, I decided to take the leap and schedule an appointment with her. It was the best decision I have ever made. I have been seeing her for about 2-3 months. I feel like me again, I have regained my hope and zeal for life again. She is a GREAT listener, so incredibly thoughtful and she never rushes a session. She's the best.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2017

Dr. Wachtel has been treating me for the past 3 months and has made such a big difference already. I'm glad I found her!

flag | Submitted September 6, 2017

When I first started seeing Dr. Wachtel I was suffering with bipolar disorder. After detoxing me from the medication that my previous psychiatrist hooked me on, she worked with me to find the medication that suited my health and work habits. She is a great listener and gives excellent advice on leading a healthy, happy life. I am grateful for Dr. Wachtel and I wouldn't be as happy as I am today without her treating me.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Wachtel on and off for different life challenging situations since 2002. From PTSD and anxiety after an attack, to depression and pain due to chronic illness. It took some time to get over different hurdles but she never gave up on me. I like that she keeps track of the medications, I take from other doctors and carefully chooses a combination that works well together. I also changed my eating habits, started meditating and work out …things, I wouldn’t even have considered in the past. I not only love life again, I have learned to truly love myself as well.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2017

Extremely knowledgeable. Gives excellent guidance. Capable in addressing complex psychiatric issues. Always remembers specific details about my issues and is very helpful and compassionate.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2017

Dr. Wachtel has been a great help to me. She really cares about me as a person and making sure that she understands the issues that I am going to. She has worked hard with me to find the right combination of medication. Her knowledge and experience has been impressive. I have been seeing Dr. Wachtel for around 6 months and already have noticed a dramatic improvement. I would highly recommend her!

flag | Submitted May 17, 2017

I found dr Watchel after many other doctors and she is extremely useful as psychiatrist and also with excellent internal medicine knowledge. I strongly recommend her!!

flag | Submitted May 2, 2017

Dr. Wachtel truly cares about me as a patient and works hard to understand the best course of treatment! Highly recommend!!!

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

She changed my life..Before I met her I went to doctors who fed me nothing but drugs that made me sick. The medication she gave me changed my life, I have never felt better,and she genuinely cares about me. I recommend her to anyone. She is very intuitive and helpful. I love her!

flag | Submitted March 11, 2017

Dr. Anna Wachtel's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Wachtel is personal, empathic and conscientious. She believes in the importance of developing a trusting relationship, in working together as a team. Dr. Wachtel received her psychiatric training in Beth Israel medical center in NYC Albert Einstein Collegge of medicine. Additional medical training in Sourasky Medical center Sackler Medical School of Tel Aviv University.

• English
  • Italian
  • Hebrew
  • Polish
  • Russian

• Depression (major depressive disorder)
  • Generalized anxiety disorder
  • Social anxiety disorder (social phobia)
  • Bipolar disorder
  • Bulimia nervosa
  • Anorexia nervosa
  • Binge-eating disorder
  • Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
  • Personality disorders