Dr. Anna Wachtel

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Anna Wachtel

Dr. Wachtel has changed my life. Mental illness is truly a disease and needs to be treated. I know in my experience both through medication and continued therapy. Dr. Wachtel has helped me face deep rooted issues of mine and learn the truth about myself which has improved my relationships and standard of living - for which I’m grateful. Cheers!

flag | Submitted May 20, 2018

Doctor Anna Wachtel did miracles on me! I was like a dad person and I got my life back! My wife can't thank her enough! I have some physical issued like heart problem and without me asking she was very responsible to keep in touch with other doctors to make sure that the medicine she prescribes me fits my physical situation. I highly recommend her! It won't take long for you to feel the improvement! She is generous with her time and truly care about her clients!

flag | Submitted April 16, 2018

The doctor saved my life! I went to her when I could hardly functioning and hardly get out of my bed in the morning. Now I got my life back! I'm much happier and I function very well at home and at work. I got my life back! My husband can't thank her enough! She did miracles on me!

flag | Submitted April 16, 2018

The doctor was sooo helpful to me. She is so knowlegbale and professional. I felt significant improvement after few days. She was on top on blood tests to make sure I'm in a good health. I won't change her for any other doctor. I have alot of experience with other doctors that didn't help me at all! I highly recommend her!

flag | Submitted March 16, 2018

Doctor Wachtel is a nice and friendly person who really is interested in helping me. I feel comfortable talking about my issues, and she takes her time to explain everything very well. She is very professional and takes very serious her patients. I know that is not easy to find a good doctor who I can trust my health. I have been seeing her since last year and it has been very helpful to me.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2018

Dr. Anna Wachtel is the best psychiatrist I have ever seen. I have seen several psychiatrists over a twenty year period and all that has happened was that I was misdiagnosed, given all the wrong medications with the wrong combinations and even too much of some of them at one point. In just a few visits Dr. Anna Wachtel got me on the right medications. She consolidated and ruled out the ones that I did not need and I take only a quarter of what I used to take, as a result I feel so much better. I have a lot more energy. I also feel a lot better about myself and l also feel a lot more in control of what is going on around me everywhere I go. I am taking not half, but a quarter of the medications I used to take, and I feel like I am in control of my life again. I just want to reach out to anyone that is in a similar situation. If you have been seeing multiple psychiatrists and you still feel unhappy on the inside of yourself, even after trying many medications, over a long period of time, then you probably should see Dr. Anna Wachtel. She stopped and fixed that vicious cycle I was going through for many years of being misdiagnosed and given the wrong medications with the wrong combinations and that is why I am so happy those times are finally over.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2017

I've been seeing Dr. Wachtel and I appreciate her forthrightness, integrity and honesty. She's a great doctor and a great person. I always look forward to my sessions with Dr. Wachtel because she always gives me insight.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2017

Before I found Dr. Wachtel, I was in a real dark place and the thought of opening up to anyone or asking for help - was quite honestly terrifying and overwhelming. After researching several doctors on Psychiatry Today, I decided to take the leap and schedule an appointment with her. It was the best decision I have ever made. I have been seeing her for about 2-3 months. I feel like me again, I have regained my hope and zeal for life again. She is a GREAT listener, so incredibly thoughtful and she never rushes a session. She's the best.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2017

Dr. Wachtel has been treating me for the past 3 months and has made such a big difference already. I'm glad I found her!

flag | Submitted September 6, 2017

When I first started seeing Dr. Wachtel I was suffering with bipolar disorder. After detoxing me from the medication that my previous psychiatrist hooked me on, she worked with me to find the medication that suited my health and work habits. She is a great listener and gives excellent advice on leading a healthy, happy life. I am grateful for Dr. Wachtel and I wouldn't be as happy as I am today without her treating me.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2017

Dr. Anna Wachtel's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Wachtel is personal, empathic and conscientious. She believes in the importance of developing a trusting relationship, in working together as a team. Dr. Wachtel received her psychiatric training in Beth Israel medical center in NYC Albert Einstein Collegge of medicine. Additional medical training in Sourasky Medical center Sackler Medical School of Tel Aviv University.

• English
  • Italian
  • Hebrew
  • Polish
  • Russian

• Depression (major depressive disorder)
  • Generalized anxiety disorder
  • Social anxiety disorder (social phobia)
  • Bipolar disorder
  • Bulimia nervosa
  • Anorexia nervosa
  • Binge-eating disorder
  • Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
  • Personality disorders