You may also like

Rate Dr. Anna Wachtel

Dr. Anna Wachtel's Ratings

When I first started seeing Dr. Wachtel, I was suffering with chronic depression and bipolar disorder. Dr. Wachtel helped me realize that I am able to overcome my illnesses while also leading a normal and productive life, on the right medication. After detoxing me from the medication that my previous psychiatrist hooked me on, she worked with me to find the medication that suited my health and work habits. She is a great listener and gives excellent advice on leading a healthy, happy life. I am grateful for Dr. Wachtel and I wouldn't be as happy as I am today without her treating me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2901647].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 21, 2015

She was condescending, rude and judgmental. I left her office in tears. She asked for the copay before even introducing herself, was 15 minutes late to the session, and within 5 minutes she had decided I was drug seeking and wouldn't prescribe me the medication I have been taking for years. She never returned the phone calls from my last psych (who was going to explain my treatment history to her). When I told her I was open to alternative medications/treatments and asked what she might try she told me we were out of time. This was at 6:10. My appointment was for 5:30, and I didn't get called into her office until 5:45. So after 25 minutes we were out of time. She was truly terrible, stay away.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2874951].votes_count ]]

Submitted July 23, 2015

I have chronic depression and had seen a few psychiatrists before I met with Dr. Wachtel. We talked thoroughly in our first consultation and together decided on the best program for my well-being.

Dr. Wachtel and I met regularly for over 10 years. Our sessions were always productive and I always left with a smile. But most of all we developed a trust that is rare to find between doctor and patient.

Had I not moved out of NYC, I would continue to see Dr. Wachtel. I will never forget her kind words and advice and I am forever grateful for her attention and understanding. Thank you Dr. Wachtel.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2606231].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 4, 2014

I'd tried talking to a few psychiatrists before but had not had much luck--not that they were all necessarily bad, I just couldn't click with them. But about a year and a half ago, I found my way to Dr. Wachtel and finally felt I'd found someone I could open up to. She listens, genuinely cares about her patients and works with you. I am so much happier today because of my time with Dr Wachtel. She's helped me figure out a lot of my own issues through therapy and also put me on a prescription that's right for me. My self-confidence has improved 200%, and the way in which I approach my relationships has too. Truly, the relationships I have with myself, my body, my family, my workplace, and even my dating life are all just healthier. I know why I was self-medicating with the wrong things, and once I got that, I was able to stop. When I first started seeing Dr. Wachtel, I cried about all the wrong guys in my life things hadn't worked out with. She helped me to appreciate myself, avoid repeating my past pitfalls, and also how to date "smarter." I'm dating a great guy now, too, who treats me well and I adore. if you'd told me 2 years ago this would be the case, I wouldn't have believed you. I feel like I'm a better version of myself now and finally at ease in so many areas of my life, and I owe so, so much of that to Dr. Wachtel.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2505484].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 20, 2014

Dr. Wachtel was integral to my turnaround from years of alcohol and substance abuse. She's worked with me in getting my life back in order. With the right combination of medications and goal oriented talk therapy, I've been sober and (mostly) anxiety free for about 4 months. I am very grateful for her understanding and professionalism and would highly recommend her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2435097].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 19, 2014

I have been seeing Dr.Wachtel for almost two years now and I can't imagine my life without her. She provides the honesty and clarity I really needed in my life and she is very skilled in her field. I highly recommend her. She will tell you the truth and help you in any way she can and I think that anyone who had a negative experience with her just wasn't ready to hear the truth or change. To be honest, I was that way at the beginning and she was very understanding of where I was coming from and it quickly became clear that she had the best intentions for me. Truly a warm, wonderful doctor who I am so happy to have in my life.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][958445].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 16, 2014

I did not have a great experience with Dr. Anna Watchel. The only reason I kept seeing her for as long as I did, was because I was desperate to feel better and she took insurance. From my first visit, she is very sweet but had a bad bedside manner. She is not a good listener! I had taken myself off a medication that my previous doctor prescribed for me because of the horrible side effects I was experiencing. That was a mistake and hence why I was seeking professional help this time! I told her I made a mistake but she still was very accusatory stating that someone in the healthcare field should know better! I do believe that she is very smart and knows her stuff but her ego is seriously inflated. She once forgot we had an appointment after I had shown up and waited 30 minutes for her. She was very apologetic after she realized her mistake and I had to reschedule for another day. I do not recommend Dr. Watchel.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][958449].votes_count ]]

Submitted March 10, 2014

Dr. Wachtel helped me during a very difficult time. She always made time to see me as needed. She prescribed the right medication to ease my depression, anxiety as well as my insomnia. She was always open and honest when I had questions or concerns about my medication. She specializes in psychiatry but is also an internationalist so she has a deep understanding of the connection between mental health and the rest of the body. I have recently moved out of NYC and hope to find a doctor as good as her in my new city!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][958444].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 21, 2013

I started seeing Dr. Wachtel just over three months ago for bipolar depression and addiction issues. I had never seen a psychiatrist before and was nervous about trying medication for my mood swings for the first time. I have found Dr. Wachtel to be friendly, professional and attentive to my needs. She prescribed a very helpful medication and adjusted it to a proper dosage over the course of several weeks. It has done wonders to stabilize my mood. Now, I'm feeling so much better, and I have been sober for three months. I'm very grateful for her help, and I would highly recommend her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][958443].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 25, 2011

Dr. Wachtel is excellent with medication. Her discussion with me helped me to feel better.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][958442].votes_count ]]