Ratings for Dr. Robert F. Heary

Extremely Intellgent, Very Knowledgable, Takes his TIME WITH PATIENT'S!!!!! Great bedside manner!!! He is the Elite of the Elite!!!! Super Gentleman!!!!

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

Dr. Heary, Operated on me 1/04 A Very Difficult Surgery! I went to Several Neurosurgeon's 2 & 3 Opinion's!!! One stated this is a very serious Surgery!!! He Refused to do this Surgery, because of Very Poor Outcomes & possible paralysis! I ask him about Dr. Heary and he replied He's the Man you want hands down!!! The 3rd Doctor Said I don't want to be responsible for my Paralysis!!! Ask about Dr. Heary, his reply was short..."He's the Guru of Neurosurgery" He's the Best!!!!!

flag | Submitted December 14, 2016

Dr. Heary is an Outstanding Neurosurgeon and Awesome Doctor!!!! He spends quality time with each of his Patients!!!! As a former patient I was a difficult Surgerial Case! He was referred to me by other Physicians as "The Guru of Neurosurgery" He a Brilitant Doctor as well as Great Surgeon!!!

flag | Submitted November 28, 2016

Dr Heary is out standing , he is knowledgably and very concerned , he don't jump to surgery unless you need it, I have never had a time when he didn't return my call, his PA and staff are great I never have an issue I showed up 3 hours late and I was still seen, I think people make the issues ,, he is a excellent doctor who is well known . I have had surgery from another neuro and he messed me up to know end. I can eat, Dr Heary is going out of his way to help me... I

flag | Submitted September 19, 2014

Husband was told he needed neck surgery and Dr. Heary was almost impossible to see. No one answers a phone ever. You get a call back 4 days later. Never helped him after he lost strength in his arms and hands. Blew us off and so did his assistant. To see my husband suffer like this I am so sorry I did not sue the dr.

Submitted September 3, 2013

Dr. Heary operated on my wife to remove a spine tumor. I cannot tell you how relieved and greatful I was to have such a knowledgable, professional obviously talented Doctor to rely on when facing such a scary diagnosis. He is straightforward and lets you know what you are facing and surrounds himself with the best possible team for surgery. The hospital is not my favorite but the people were all very nice and his office staff is very attentive and helpful. My wife is doing well and I recommend him to everyone who tells me they have back problems. My wife was very happy and we always knew what was going on thru the whole ordeal. As far as punctuality I have never been to a good doctor that you do not have to wait for.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2013

Arrogant and abnoxious. Thinks he's God. Horrible to staff. Would never recommend.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2011

Excellent, Excellent....I had my spinal fusion (C 3,4,5) three and one-half years ago. I continue to remain pain free. I have my life back. If you must have neck or back surgery, I highly recommend Dr. Heary. It is not only extremely competent, he is also very caring.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2011

I had ACDF at C5-6 when I was 27 years old with the promise I would return to work as an auto technician in 10 days and feel better than ever. Well, I am 30 now. I am in more pain than ever and have new symptoms that did not exist prior to surgery. I believe that this doctor is self centered and money hungry. When I went for my consultation, I was seen with in fifteen minutes. The recommendation was to have surgery.(what else would you expect from a surgeon?) I was made a rush appointment and a week later I went in to get hacked up. I trusted his judgment because he is well spoken of. Well at my first follow up I waited for 2 hours before I was sent home because he was to busy to see me. I was lied to. I was told I would feel better when I woke up. Instead, three years later, I have sold my shop and given up on working on cars. I cant anymore. The hospital was a dump on top of all of that.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2009

Dr. Heary operated on me 3 times. He is a terrific surgeon and I trust him completely. Two of the surgeries were for spinal tumors, and the third was for a spinal cyst. The tumors were wrapped around my nerves and he was able to remove them with damage. His nurse was always very helpful and almost always called me back. His secretary always returned the call as well so I did not have a problem with that. The problem I had was with the UMDNJ, a horrible hospital to have to be in. They could undo all the good the doctor does. I would recommend to anyone that has to be in that hospital to make sure you have a friend or family with you as much as possible.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2008

Dr. Robert F. Heary's Credentials

• Univ Of Pittsburgh Sch Of Med, Pittsburgh Pa 15261 (Grad. 1986)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal