Ratings for Dr. Melissa J. Thiel

I've been a patient of Dr Thiel's for over 20 years and highly recommend her. She no longer takes my insurance, but I won't stop going to her, for that reason. She's very good in her field of medicine and she's a great listener to your opinions and feelings. If you're looking for an great gyneologists, I highly recommmend her to anyone!

flag | Submitted January 29, 2010

I have been a patient of Dr. Thiel's for over 10 years. Despite the fact that she does not take my insurance, I keep returning for my annual exams because I trust her judgement and professionalism. She takes whatever time is necessary to explain procedures and is proactive with regard to current medical advances in her field. When I had to have a breast biopsy, she was personally concerned about my welfare. She recommended a surgeon to review my data and even took the time to send a personal note when the results turned out to be negative. I would not consider using another gynecologist for myself and have recommended her to countless personal friends and family members.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2009

I have been a patient of Dr Thiel for over 10 years. She is very thorough and takes the time to sit and talk with you after every appointment. Her staff are very friendly. I have never had a bad experience and highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2009

Dr. Thiel is very personable and takes time with her patients. She has always made me feel comfortable during pap exams. I do not think that she is as meticulous as she could be about following up on lab test abnormalities. My CBC report showed my platelets to be 525K (cutoff norm is 400K). She wrote a note in the margin saying that it was okay; others had come back high that day, too. There might have indeed been a problem with the lab equipment, but in my case, the platelet problem was probably related to blood cancer (a year later, I was diagnosed). Nevertheless, I think Dr. Thiel is competent and caring and would see her again.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2008

Has most recent information to pass on. I once waited for over an hour in the waiting room without being informed, by the staff, of the reason.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2007

Dr. Melissa J. Thiel's Credentials

• Cornell Univ Med Coll, New York Ny 10021 (Grad. 1979)