Ratings for Dr. Martina Nicholson

As far as I am concerned Dr. Nicholson has been a Godsend for me. I have seen her for almost 20 years. She always listened with a caring heart and took more than enough time with me...and I thank her for that. She's a great doctor.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2015

The only reason I gave her a star was because you have to give them at least 1 star. The first time I saw her was because my doctor was in a delivery. She walked in the room staring at my chart. Didn't say hi. She said, "You're 31 weeks? You're breach? Lay on the table." Then she barely touched my stomach and said, "you still feel breach. So at 38 weeks you'll have another sonogram and if he is still breach they are going to give you a C-section at 39 weeks." When I went to my doctor, she felt my stomach really good and said he didn't feel breach. Then she grabbed a handheld sonogram device and checked and could see his head was down. So, thank you lady for causing me stress and worry for 4 weeks. But that's not even the worst of it. Now I am 39 weeks and they want to induce me because I have GD. I have had several cervical exams in my life being that this is my third child. This woman hurt me so bad, I wish I got an epidural before her exam. It felt like her knuckles where stabbing into my anal area. I was screaming and crying and she just kept going. I cried for 45 minutes after her exam and 6 hours later I am still sore. When my husband complained to her, she came and told me it was because my cervix was way up there and she's been doing this for 30 years. Ok, I understand that. But why did all the other nurses and my doctor not hurt me like that. Yes, they are uncomfortable and hurt a bit, but I felt like a r@pe victim after her exam. They sent me home because the medication isn't working on my cervix, but the main reason I allowed them to stop trying was because I do not want that woman to touch me or my baby and she is the doctor on call for the next 24 hours.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2014

I will always love and have bias for Dr. Nicholson because she saved my baby and my life . It makes me sad when I hear negative things about Dr. Nicholson, I think if you knew her you would be sad too. She is the real deal, and my guardian angel. Dr. Nicholson builds a relationship on trust and will be there for you and pray for always. I have been seeing Dr Nicholson for years now because I know I can trust her to do what's right for me long term, and my daughter as well. I am so grateful!

flag | Submitted August 23, 2014

Dr. Nicholson helped me through my first pregnancy. She took care of me and my baby and did what she felt best for us. I had to do an emergency c section and I was really nervous but everything went extremely well once my almost 9lb baby boy was born. I can't understand everyone else's negative comments. Every dr has 100's of patients it's very difficult to remember everyone's symptoms. She gets straight to the point what it is and what needs to be done. She is very direct without making you nervous. She is a true and honest dr. Baby no. 2 on the way!

flag | Submitted July 26, 2013

I have seen this doctor for 10 years. About 4 years ago she told me I had a swollen thyroid. I have had normal blood tests for the last 4 years and asked her why I would still be swollen if it was normal. She responded "Some people are just like that". At a recent visit, she told me my lymph nodes were swollen and that I should be checked right away because she had a patient the week before who ended up having cancer. This scared me to death! When I called her office for the referral, she returned my call herself. She had obviously not looked in my file before calling me back and couldn't remember why she had seen me in the first place and demanded that I needed to see an ENT instead of an Endocronologist. I was absolutely shocked and appaled! After seeing a doctor for 10 years you would think they would be a little more personable or at least look at the patient's records before calling them back. I will NOT be returning to this office again!

Submitted March 22, 2011

This Doctor was horrible, she did not listen to a word that was said when my extremely ill daughter called her for help ( her regular dr. in the practice wasn't on-call) . She went off on a pointless lesson on an unrelated topic - because she did not bother to listen and find out who she was talking to, or what their history was. Once she did, finally, get the point of my daughters problem she still was beyond unhelpful and her lack of action could easily have had terrible outcomes. As it is she "only" put my daughter and her child at grave risk, with possible long-term consequences.

Submitted February 23, 2009

I saw Dr.Nicholson to talk about a D&C due to a miscarriage and she told me that I HAD to do it that evening because she didn't want to come to the ER on the weekend to take care of me. This was my first meeting with her and I was clearly upset and crying. I didn't want the D&C and she was making it out to be my only choice. I ended up listening to my midwife's advise and miscarried naturally at home without a problem.

Submitted December 28, 2008

Dr Nicholson probably saved my life. I was referred to her as my general noticed some abnormalities during a pap. She identified that my Cancer had returned. She hasbeen communicative with my GP and is also referring me to a Gyno- oncoligist. She has been wonderful and caring, even in surgery. She is very thorough. She is very honest and real, no sugarcoats, but at the same time, very reassuring.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2008

This is a very through and helpful Dr. She scheduled many tests that my primary Dr had never done such as Osteo testing, that should have been done long before. The staff is knowedable and helpful. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2007

Dr. Martina Nicholson's Credentials

• Univ Auto De Guadalajara, Fac De Med, Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico (Grad. 1982)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal