Dr. Les Spevack

Ratings for Dr. Les Spevack

One of the few doctors who can do a transperineal prostate biopsy which greatly reduces infection rate. He was fantastic. Virtually no pain. Very efficient and kind

flag | Submitted November 23, 2018

Dr Spevack is professional, thorough and quick during proceeds which is great!

flag | Submitted October 24, 2018

The poster from Feb. 7/18 described my experience exactly. Very bad experience with a three month course of antibiotics - probably the same ones. Worse off now than before I saw him - after a break have had 6 months of resistent to antibitic UTI’S and still suffering

flag | Submitted May 9, 2018

Worst bed side manner, does not take the time to explain. Insists on meeting face to face to get every test results so he can bill the health system. Not caring, speaks into a mic for 2 minutes, then asks you to close the door behind you. My advice...asks lots of questions and get 2nd opinion or just go to another doctor who cares.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2018

Very considerate and careful. He makes me feel ease and relaxed.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2018

Don’t go to the Dr, if you’re a woman. Go to someone’s interested in making you healthy. Dr Spevack comes across as indifferent and lazy, he’s not familiar with new drugs or treatments (or any drugs he prescribes) and he doesn’t care about women’s health. My GP sent me to him with sudden onset of severe recurring UTIs. I’ve never had UTIs in my life, I'm 37. The correct Health Canada protocol in this case is a mandatory cystoscopy. Spevack just shrugged and said the I don't need it. He said "we'll likely never know why you're getting them". Didn't examine me. Didn't even want to decide on a treatment, instead asked me what I wanted to do. I'm not a Dr, he is. Finally, he wrote me a three-month script for an antibiotic. Except this particular antibiotic isn't supposed to be prescribed long-term because it can lead to kidney damage and antibiotic resistant bacteria. And it really irritated my bladder. My GP, who’s the top doctor in Toronto, worried that I had a bladder abnormality or stones, so he insisted I go back. My followup was even worse. Spevack didn’t bother listening, his answer to everything was “highly unlikely”. Wouldn’t prescribe another antibiotic, but instead he gave me a prescription for an Overactive Bladder, which I don’t even have! And this new medication can’t be taken with the antibiotic he’d prescribed earlier. My pharmacist wouldn’t even fill the prescription because mixing the two is dangerous. Any specialist should know that. My GP is now sending me to a different urologist. I waited months for the appointment with Spevack, now I have to wait again. This was an absolute waste of time.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2018

What an amazing Doctor. My partner ended up in emergency. Dr. Spevack was on-call and he was thorough and very attentive. He was off on the weekend, and told us “he would follow-through and resolve the issue. Needless to say, he took care of the issue and stayed true to his word. I’m so impressed and we feel blessed to have found such an attentive Dr. Wish others would learn from this amazing surgeon. Partner is home and he’s back to his regular routine. Dr. Spevack will now be taking him on as a patient. Dr. Spevack if you ever read my comments on this forum, I will never be able to thank you enough for the care and attention that you gave us.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2018

He saved my life. Excellent bedside manner. Highly recommended

flag | Submitted December 24, 2017

Great Urologist. In a blink of my eyes he solved my many years problems. And his team is great also.No any complications, problems. I started some light workout now. I feel wonderful. My acknowledgments to doctor Spevack.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2017

Simply Te Best.Always Excellent....If you have any kind of urology problems ,do not hesitate to contact him...Extremely efficient ..nice and caring doctor.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2017