Ratings for Dr. Mark D. Francis

Dr. Francis is great. It's his staff that have moved me to consider another general practitioner for my needs. While I understand in this day and age that appointment times may not be met, I expect someone to advise me of this rather than making me wait without explanation. My time is as valuable to me as the doctor's is to him. His staff needs to bear that in mind.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Francis for at least 15 years and overall it has been a good experience. Unfortunately my last appointment did not occur because my appointment time of 9:30 was not met, and was still not met by 10:15. I do not appreciate doctor office who value the doctor's time but not mine. The staff didn't even offer an explanation; I was left in the waiting room with no indication of when I would actually be seen.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2013

The last doctor I used for my hypothyroidism wanted to perform blood tests every 2 months at a price of $250. each, which was totally unnecessary. Dr. Francis performed one for less and prescribed the natural form of meds for me instead of what most doctors want to prescribe, Synthroid, which does not work for me. He gave me a 1 year prescription. I am VERY happy with him so far. He has saved me a lot of money and aggravation. I have no medical insurance.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2011

Waiting for at least an hour. Seen by the Dr. for less than 5 min. They won't take care of the problem we have. Left me on hold for over 20 min. My husband needs a prescription that is a medical benefit and not a pharmacy benefit and the office will not order it in for us to pick up. They just said "NO". They do not work well with people that don't have a lot of money and actually need help. Not recommending.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2011

Hard to fine a better caring primary care Dr. Always takes time to listen and cares.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2010

I have a patient of Dr. Francis for 20 years. He is a wonderful doctor who takes the time to listen to his patients and he honestly cares for them. He is great about sending you to a specialist when needed which I think some doctors want a quick fix and do not do this. He has been able to help me through serious medical issues and also those of my family.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2010

Nurse Pract. is great! Dr. Francis is great for illness or when you are sick. Don't reccommend for injuries - send your self to a spec. instead and skip a step.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2010

Dr. Francis was referred to me by my mother who has been seing him for most of the last 20 years. He is the best private general physician that I have been to and knows when to send you to a specialist. His staff is friendly and helpful and has even assisted my wife in disputing insurance claims with the emergency room. An overall friendly and helpful staff and excellent doctor.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2009

My husband and I went to Dr Francis for several years before we moved out of state. We both thought he was great. He was quick to refer us if we needed to see a specialist, he managed our healthcare very well, and it was easy to get in if we were sick. We often remark that we wish we could have taken him with us when we moved.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2009

Excellent Dr. Always an easy experience. I've never had to wait and never had a bad experience

flag | Submitted January 19, 2009

Dr. Mark D. Francis's Credentials

• Baylor Coll Of Med, Houston Tx 77030 (Grad. 1982)

MSP/BC Med