Ratings for Dr. Sorin Palcu

I do not understand how Dr. Palcu has not had his right to practice medicine taken away from him up to this day. I cannot stand him due to the fact that whenever I stepped into his office, I would try explaining what my problems are and despite my problems not being of a gynaecological origin, his first reply would be, "Do you need a Pap smear?" I am absolutely disgusted by him and I am beyond repulsed by his behaviour as he had done this in front of my own mother. He asked me, me being 19 at the time, if I needed A Pap smear, when my initial complaints were those of facial and scalp eczema. WHAT do my reproductive organs have to do with this? Not only is he repulsive, his daughter has always been there (yes, you read that correctly, daughter) to adjust the waiting times and to make the patients feel more at ease because she is very easy to talk to, however I cannot entertain the idea of his daughter doing medical tests despite her being in medical school. I (also a medical student) would not allow my own children to perform medical examinations on patients..and this was before she had even begun medical school. Overall, if you are read this review Dr. Palcu...you should rip your diplomas hanging on your wall and not allow yourself to practice medicine ever again, you uncultured swine.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2018

Great doctor, very compassionate and knowledgeable. A really great personality as well. He has been my doctor for over 10 years. My 5 star rating is entirely legitimate as I feel he is a skilled professional.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2017

There is a reason why foreign doctors are restricted in practicing medicine in Canada. This doctor is not knowledge, doesn't remember his patients, and has bad bed side manners. Any five star rating is a fake.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2017

My family doctor will be retiring soon and i decided to give this doctor a try. The staff is amazing the Indian girl that helps him and the black girl at the front desk is ver kind and helpful, but I can't say the same for him. He is not knowledgeable and he seems very rude. I hard to wait 2 hours for my appointment and while I was sitting in the wait room I heard him yelling at his assistant. His professionalism is below par. I will be finding a new doctor VERY soon. He's not worth the wait or my time.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2016

Looks on Internet with the patient for diagnostic. Not punctual.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2016

Dr. Palcu is compassionate, considerate and funny. He makes a visit to the doctor's office a delight. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2016

VERY DANGEROUS. Go to a walk-in clinic instead! Be aware of the diagnosis SOMATIZATION or HYSTERIA.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2015

This doctor definitely lacks the insight and skills required for the job. He exhibits poor judgement, superficiality and disrespect toward the patient and the correct approach of a specific situation. He doesn't seem to bother about professional ethic, principles, scruples, but just his mood and inspiration at the moment. His body language sends the message "I don't care about your needs and feelings! " He ignores that his salary is paid from his patients taxes, hence he owes them professionalism. When a doctor asks the patient whether or not to have blood tests, it's a clear indication of modest authority and expertise. However his secretary seems a reliable a compassionate person.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2015

I cannot believe people are actually complaining about the wait time. 1/2 hour wait? O M G.. I saw this doctor for the first time and in 16 plus years it's the first time I waited for 1/2 hour in a doctor's office. If I had to wait for one hour I would be very happy. I would love to recommend you to a doctor but be prepare to wait 3 to 4 hrs even longer before your name is call. I definitely plan to give this doctor and his team a try.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2015

As with others, I believe the doctor lacks the direct knowledge to address the issues presented, and relies heavily on the computer and web research of symptoms to "guess" at the possible causes of the illness. He seems uninterested, distant, and at times entirely disconnected from the doctor-patient conversation. Actually, it's not a conversation as much as it is a one-way dialogue: patient explains the problems several times as he types it into the computer, he asks very few questions, and then offers "suggestions" of what "it might be" after which he typically writes a generic prescription of 2-3 drugs: take this, if it's not better then take this too, and let me know. Very weak medical service in my opinion.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2014