Ratings for Dr. Tam Dieu

I was looking for Dr Tam's phone number as he did my breast implants 10 years ago, and came across this review site for him. I can't believe what people are saying! 10 years on and l am still SO happy with them. I am trying to find his number again as l know he is a burns specialist and after what he did for me, he is the one person I am sure can fix a scar on my face. Remember, Dr Tam is pretty famed for performing the most delicate burns surgery, and from memory, he looked after alot of those affected in the Bali bombings. I even remember saying to him in relation to my implants '...so this must be a walk in the park for you'...and he was not arrogant about it, but was confident and made me feel secure. So don't feel that he is arrogant....your job just might be a really simple one for him.....and maybe you get the wrong impression from him. So either the negative reviews here are an attempt by competitors to bring him down as they simply can't compare to him, OR they are very few of the hundreds he has done, and we all know that no-one is 100% all the time, and l am sure he would fix anything he didn't do perfect, as one person said here. Noone should be arrogant though, as each individuals case is special and unique, but I don't think anyone should avoid him if this is the issue, as i personally would prefer a job by an arrogant doctor than a lovely one who isn't going to do as good a job!

flag | Submitted October 14, 2015

Was not impressed at all, he may (I hope) be knowledgeable in his profession but found his attitude to be one of the worst I have experienced. He seems to love talking down to you adding quite condescending comments. Thankfully I spent $200 over two useless visits only and if I decide to pursue treatment definitely won't be going back to him. Zero personality, zero for people skills, and zero for sensitivity and empathy.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2015

Lacks empathy, quite unfriendly , low people skills.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2015

Terrible! This guy should not be practising. Stuffed up my surgery then made me pay again to have it fixed only to stuff it up again. Ended up seeking legal advice and learnt there are many more patients with the same issues. He is arrogant, careless and un-professional

flag | Submitted June 1, 2014

I have Gorlin's syndrome and thus have regular BCC removals. Dr Dieu has been highly--professional and has been fantastic in the way he has operated, sometimes under difficult circumstances.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2014

Worst experience my daughter and I had this morning seeing Tam Dieu, all he said was look it up on the internet, what is the use of paying $150 if I have to look up everything even like operation he said look it up, I can perform the surgery myself in that case. He is hopeless and less knowledgable, really dumb. I have told my Doctor never to recommend anyone to Tam Dieu, he is useless and cold and abrupt, He only knows one thing, "Look it Up"

flag | Submitted September 16, 2013

From my first visit with Caz (Carolyn Bartels), through the surgery(abdominoplasty)preformed by Mr Tam Dieu I cannot speak highly enough of the staff of Corymbia House. My procedure was explained at length, giving me ample time to address any concerns. I found Mr Dieu to be friendly, helpful and informative as to what to expect. I NEVER felt rushed, and he took his time in making sure that I understood all aspects of my operation and what to expect post op. And Caz! well, what an asset she is! Friendly and inviting, I was instantly at ease with her. The staff at the front desk, plus the nursing/theatre staff were all helpful, caring and polite. I am now 12 days post op. I couldn't be more happy and impressed with my whole experience. My only regret... I should have done this years ago!

flag | Submitted May 25, 2013

My mother went to Tam Dieu to have her old encapsulated breast implants replaced. He did not tell her which brand of implants he was using, but gave her all the product information for the Mentor brand, even though he actually used the controversial PIP implants. Doctors around the world already had concerns about these implants, and a short time after my mother's surgery she was asked to have an ultrasound to check for implant rupture, which she had to pay for. The radiology report said that she had 3 ruptures and so she had to have the implants removed, at further expense to her. After removing them, and not providing any free replacement or refund for them, Tam Dieu told her that they had not ruptured. When my mother asked about the radiology report, she was told "everybody makes mistakes". She has now been diagnosed with an autoimmune disease. This is what she got for her $14,000.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2013

Went to see this surgeon with a problem that arose from another surgeon and needed an opinion on him potentially correcting if required.He was so rude and basically told me it was my fault for choosing a bad surgeon and he wouldnt have seen me if he knew what it was about, even though I fully informed his staff upon booking and asked if there would be a problem, they said absolutley not. He literally made me cry in his consult and I left. I should not have paid for the 5 minutes he spoke down to me. Not nice at all, what happened to the hypocratic oath you took? Not to mention the $175 you were happy to take from me!

flag | Submitted February 14, 2013

A follow up to the stretched ear surgery. Tam noticed the difference and offered to fix it up for FREE. He was very apologetic and did a great job! :)

flag | Submitted May 29, 2012