Ratings for Dr. Raj V. Makam

I have been going to Dr. Makam for the last 6 years. Hubby and I have both had 2 colonoscopys with him, always professional and always very nice. I would highly recommend him to friends and family.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2014

I had been referred to Dr. Makam from a friend. I was very happy with Dr. Makam he listened, I didn't feel like he was in a hurry and I could ask questions without feeling like he thought they were inappropriate. He was able to diagnose my situation and I have felt so much better. I am recommending him to my friends as well.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

I visited GI Raj Makam for evaluation of a minor rectal discharge. All he did was spoke to me for 5 minutes, inapproprioately loud so patients in other rooms could hear him. I can tell cause I hear him talk to patients in other room while I was waiting in my room. He did not inspect the problem area or nothing. He staright away asked me to schedule a colonoscopy because he does not do guess work anymore since "now the equipment in the office". You know that is a $2000 bill there. Next I told him that I have burping issues and he asked me to stop drinking milk (genius guess work here). This was ridiculous as his interest seemed to be more towards billing and lumping some cash before even attempting to do the initial diagnosis. I heard similar experience from other colleague of mine. Now my question is that he wants me to pay him $240 for that experience. In all honesty, I am questioning why should I owe him so much money for 5 minutes of time to get me on a bigger bill?

flag | Submitted August 1, 2013

Solid patient interaction. Listened to what I had to say. He took the time to help me weigh all options wrt my condition; drugs for life vs surgical repair of hiatal hernia.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2008