Ratings for Dr. Paul A. McHenry

I went to Dr. McHenry to get vaccinations for travel to India. I asked him specifically to compare the risks of the drug he wanted to prescribe me to the risks of malaria. I asked him 3 times. He never gave me specifics, only said the risks are not as bad as getting malaria (which can be fatal). He also said he didn't know why anyone would prescribe Malarone (which his clinic had prescribed my husband a short time before).However, after researching Lariam on my own, the drig he wanted to prescribe, the risks are severe and high, particularly in someone with my history, which he never asked about. I e-mailed him after I found this out and never got a response. Plus, when I received the billing from the Clinic, there is an overcharge of 3 immunizations I never received. I encourage anyone considering taking Lariam for malaria research it carefully.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2007

Dr. Paul A. McHenry's Credentials

• Northeastern Ohio Universities College Of Medicine (Grad. 1989)