Ratings for Dr. Alexander McIntyre

I have been seeing Dr. McIntyre for four months now to treat my BPD II. During my appointments he is genuine, knowledgable and has a dry sense of humor. In helping me understand my illness he encourages accountability, in addition to having made changes to my medication which has made me feel SO MUCH BETTER. Although I have a long road before me, I am grateful he was the psychiatrist my doctor referred me to. Upon reading some reviews here, he apparently is not for everybody, but he has certainly helped me get better.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2017

Honestly I have nothing to say good about him..I was telling him I was feeling like killing my self and all he said was that's not good .Saw him every 3 months for nothing and even after he had his heart attack I was not called to reschedule app even ...Well doctor mac in the words of present elect trump....You are fired.....

flag | Submitted January 14, 2017

I've seen this doctor for some time now and while his bedside needs a little work he's a knowledgeable and direct man who wants to see you be better.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2016

Motherf***er almost killed me on more than one occasion. There's a good reason that he's so hated - YOU figure it out.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2016

Seeing doctor McIntyre changed my life for the better. For years I self medicated and experienced so many high's and low's. Hitting rock bottom many times. I had lost all hope in my self and the mental health system. I gained a lot of weight from the medication I was put on from another physiatrist that I had seen with no follow up plans. Just a quick fix and he sent me on my way. I was stuck in a  vicious circle and on a downward spiral.  I heard of doctor McIntyre through a relative that had positive results from seeing him. In my first few meetings with Dr. McIntyre he diagnosed me as being Bi Polar type 2. I tried different medication some worked for a bit and some not at all. I was a candidate for a drug study and decided to try the mood stabilizer being offered through the study. With close monitoring and support from Dr. McIntyre and Amanda (his wife) I was starting to see results. It was slow at first. I was feeling less fragile and was able to start incorporating exercise into my lifestyle. Which Dr. McIntyre encouraged with every visit from the beginning. Baby steps turned into leaps. I was able to leave my house without panic attacks. I was able to walk into a gym and start working out without paranoid thoughts of what people were thinking of me. I worked hard and lost 107lbs. Dr. McIntyre and Amanda never turned me away. They always made time. They didn't give up on me even though at times I though it was easier to give up. Dr. McIntyre was understanding and empathetic yet honest and straight forward.  If you want results I recommend Dr. McIntyre I believe he saved my life. He gave me the tools I needed to fight back and regain control. Happiness is possible even with a mental health diagnosis. As a patient we have to be proactive and put some effort in to achieve these positive results. Do your part and Dr. McIntyre will do his.  Thank you Dr. McIntyre and Amanda

flag | Submitted October 14, 2016

Saw this man when he had his office at the psych ward at PRH. Psych ward staff were awesome, but even they told me how they hated this guy, and Mac was very condescending to them in front of patients. He challenged me to "come across the table and take a swing at him". No exaggeration. Not sure if he was testing me or what. He was brutally honest in his opinions, however in my nervous-wreck state, he just put me deeper into a shell. If you are weak, stay far away.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2016

McIntyre seems to enjoy a sick pleasure in making people suffer.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2016

Very good at diagnosing. Excellent doctor will be straight forward with you but has a big heart. If you don't want the truth, go somewhere else.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2016

Doctor Monstertyre is a sick psychotic individual. He is a sociopath with grandiosity and is a classic example of a narcissist to the highest degree. He will prescribe and diagnose anyone with a mental disorder. He will also put you on medication he is paid by pharmaceutical companies to test on humans. These medications have harmful side effects and he does nothing to manage or monitor his patients. He genuinely does not care about his patients. Only a fool would believe he does. I am university educated and well versed in psychiatric knowledge. I scheduled an appointment with this monster to test his abilities as a so-called psychiatrist. After leaving his office I was diagnosed with bipolar as well as schizophrenia. Before visiting this quack I was reviewed by three other private psychiatrists and was told I am completely sane. Dr. Monstertyre is a complete fraud and psychotic ego maniac. Avoid him at all costs.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016

Dr.McIntyre , unfortunately was the attending Doctor when i was admitted to hospital.I thought i felt pretty bad already but by the time he finished with me i was devastated .He diagnosed me with B.P.D. without properly following ,diagnostic procedures.He is aware of his in adequacies but i believe his ego is bigger than life .B.P.D. is considered a flaw and or defect in ones character (personality) you are considered to be born this way. NOT DIAGNOSED at 48 years of age.I am the proud mother of 4 awesome children ,i have a college degree and a very successful business going on 15 years. My husband and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary this year! unfortunately people with diagnoses of B.P.D. have a very difficult disadvantage in life.Rarely are they able to obtain a mentally healthy life for themselves .Dr.A.McIntryre likes to especially throw this very damning and degrading diagnosis at woman in particular !Its unfortunate that Penticton lacks sufficient psychiatric doctors .In my opinion McIntryre lacks empathy and should perhaps consider other options of employment . Maybe in a job where he can't prey on the well being of peoples minds . Unethical ,unprofessional man . Good luck and may God bless your dark heart .

flag | Submitted October 26, 2015