Ratings for Dr. Steven Roberts

Dr Roberts is part of a rare breed of physician- super smart, caring and very humanistic in his approach. Always cared to make sure that I understood everything that was going on and what my options were. I highly recommend Dr. Roberts. I wish he did primary care !!

flag | Submitted March 28, 2016

Dr. Roberts recently performed my prostate removal. He not only went through a very lengthy procedure (5 hours) but then showed up both that evening, on the following day, and then both weekend days at the hospital to ensure my continued recovery and comfort. He suggested options, got me second opinions, provided literature and diet information and is now guiding me through the follow-up recovery process. I've never met a more caring physician, and wouldn't have been able to go through all this without his support and attention. He goes far beyond what it is fair to expect; but does so because of his concern for his patients. Almost all the people I met at the hospital (anesthesiologists, nurses, and my general practice doctor) have either used his services or said that he is the one they would use if they had a urology issue. You can't go wrong going to see Dr. Roberts for your medical concerns.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2013

Outstanding doctor. Listens attentively to all your symptoms/complaints without discounting any of their relevancy, explains physiology and options in a way that is easily understood, and never gives you the feeling of being rushed. Most importantly, he is extremely compassionate and understanding.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2011

Dr. Roberts is an excellent Doctor. He helped me through extreme pain when I thought I was going to die. We pinpointed a failing kidney due to complications from a recent surgery and he performed an emergency stint procedure. He was always available to me by phone or in person during the period that I wore the stint. The procedures to install and remove the stint went very well.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2009

Excellent doctor. Takes time to explain diagnosis and treatment options, very patient, listens to what I have to say and answers questions. I felt very confident working with Dr. Roberts and am very grateful for his great service.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2009

I was nervous, he put me at ease. He spent a lot of time with me even though the waiting room was packed. He instilled in me a feeling of trust. My newly diagnosed condition is chronic, and can wax & wane, he made me feel as though there is help. I am grateful to have found this doctor.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2008

Made a great impression with my husband, who really hates going to any doctor. I wish he was our GP. Comfortable and frank manner, clearly explained what we needed to know, and successfully identified a couple of recurring problems (and how to fix them!). Finally, some closure. Also very important for us was his consideration of what we could afford with no insurance. He did his best to reduce our costs, both for the visit and for medication.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2007

Dr. Roberts is one of the best doctors I’ve ever seen. He’s on time, helpful, patient and as unpretentious a doctor as I’ve ever seen. Over the last few years my son, my husband and myself have all had to see him for various reasons and without exception, he has spent as much time as needed to explain in as much detail as we needed what was being done, how it would be done and why it was necessary. He was always willing to entertain options, understand our concerns and was supportive in ways you just don’t typically see in a doctor. I only wish he was a family doctor so we could see him for all our needs!

flag | Submitted October 3, 2007

Dr. Steven Roberts's Credentials

• University Of California, San Francisco School Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Santa Cruz, CA