Ratings for Dr. John Ronald

I have been a patient of Dr Ronald for about 4 years. I have been incredibly impressed with his care. My score on staff is only a 4 because i have nothing to base a judgement on yet.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2016

flag | Submitted March 3, 2016

flag | Submitted January 26, 2016

flag | Submitted October 22, 2015

I believe Dr Ronald was with Doctors without borders in Africa just before he started working at Nanaimo hospital. I was lucky enough to get referred to him at that time. I have suffered from asthma since 1983 and have been treated by many specialists since then as well as being admitted to numerous hospitals in B.C. due to the asthma. I think I have have used most of the inhalers that are available, plus being on prednisone for over 20 years. Then I was treated by Dr Ronald. He put me on Advair and Spiriva inhalers. I am 85 so my memory of dates is not too good, but that must have been about 9 or ten years ago. Those are the only medications I have used since then. I weaned myself off the prednisone shortly after this, and since then it has been almost as if I do not have asthma. If it hadn't been for Dr Ronald I would probably still be being treated with various inhalers and medications. I think that he is an excellent doctor and advise trying to be treated by him if you have lung problems. I am pleased to hear that he is still working at Nanaimo hospital.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2015

Dr. Ronald has been treating me since my original diagnosis in 2007. I have to agree with most of the comments here, just a great Doctor and person. Always seems to be genuinely interested in you and your lifestyle!! The only negative has been overcome with the new office and staff.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2015

flag | Submitted August 5, 2015

flag | Submitted January 9, 2015

Dr. John Ronald's response
I'm sorry to hear that your diagnosis was delayed but I don't work at CRH so it wasn't me--you've got the wrong doc....

Submitted January 12, 2015

Absolutely wonderful Doctor. I had a bad bout of pneumonia that lasted a lot longer than normal. Dr Ronald did testsand a scope and figured it out. He gave me back my breath.. Amazing care and attention to details. Can't say enough great things about his service. Thank you so much!

flag | Submitted November 24, 2013

Bronchoscopy was scheduled to be performed in a timely manner. Lengthy explanation of illness two weeks after the procedure was performed. Immediate referral to another specialist. I would highly recommend Dr. Ronald.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2011

Dr. John Ronald's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I have been a patient of Dr Ronald for about 4 years. I have been incredibly impressed with his care. My score on staff is only a 4 because i have nothing to b..."

April 1, 2016
  • Website has been updated from "None" to "".

March 16, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Ronald was very helpful in my follow plan up to determine how to proceed with my situation . Willing to go the extra mile to cover all the bases. "

March 3, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am a general practitioner new to Nanaimo and have found Dr. Ronald's work to be very thorough and helpful for the patients I have referred to him. "

January 26, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Great Dr.! Nice to have to see someone with a sense of humor! Thanks again, feel great! Richard T."

October 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I believe Dr Ronald was with Doctors without borders in Africa just before he started working at Nanaimo hospital. I was lucky enough to get referred to him at ..."

October 5, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Ronald has been treating me since my original diagnosis in 2007. I have to agree with most of the comments here, just a great Doctor and person. Always seem..."

September 24, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Excellent! Should get 10 stars out of 5! He only thinks of the well being of others. If you have him for a doctor you are one lucky dude!"

August 5, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Misdiagnosed my cerebral hemorrhage as a migraine and discharged me from Campbell River hospital while he was doing a shift in emergency."

January 9, 2015
  • Address has been updated from "1825 Bowen Road" to "106-1825 Bowen Road". Suite has been updated from "106" to "".

November 3, 2014
  • Postal Code has been updated from "V9R1" to "V9S 1H1". Address has been updated from "None" to "1825 Bowen Road". Suite has been updated from "None" to "106". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "250-753-3334".

November 3, 2014