Ratings for Dr. John Ronald

I have visited Dr. Ronald's clinic in Nanaimo twice due to my lung problem. Immediately he prescribed a CT scan and a few other tests. Each time I visited his clinic, he took his time to explain the problem and how should to deal with the problems at the present time. He is even interested in the information of herbal medicine that I am taking for my problem. He also handed me the print out of detailed information of my test. Dr. Ronald is extremely attentive and a very knowledgeable specialist. He is caring and patient, I feel I am in a good hands and look forward to having my health problem treated.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2017

Had my first appointment with Dr Ronald on the 29th of Sept. I found him to be very nice.In no way did i feel rushed,or intimidated. It was a very relaxing and knowledgeable appointment,and no hesitation on referring me for more tests. Thankyou..

flag | Submitted October 2, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr Ronald for 2 years ..his manner and care is absolutely awesome.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr Ronald for about 4 years. I have been incredibly impressed with his care. My score on staff is only a 4 because i have nothing to base a judgement on yet.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2016

Dr. Ronald was very helpful in my follow plan up to determine how to proceed with my situation . Willing to go the extra mile to cover all the bases.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2016

I am a general practitioner new to Nanaimo and have found Dr. Ronald's work to be very thorough and helpful for the patients I have referred to him.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2016

Great Dr.! Nice to have to see someone with a sense of humor! Thanks again, feel great! Richard T.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2015

I believe Dr Ronald was with Doctors without borders in Africa just before he started working at Nanaimo hospital. I was lucky enough to get referred to him at that time. I have suffered from asthma since 1983 and have been treated by many specialists since then as well as being admitted to numerous hospitals in B.C. due to the asthma. I think I have have used most of the inhalers that are available, plus being on prednisone for over 20 years. Then I was treated by Dr Ronald. He put me on Advair and Spiriva inhalers. I am 85 so my memory of dates is not too good, but that must have been about 9 or ten years ago. Those are the only medications I have used since then. I weaned myself off the prednisone shortly after this, and since then it has been almost as if I do not have asthma. If it hadn't been for Dr Ronald I would probably still be being treated with various inhalers and medications. I think that he is an excellent doctor and advise trying to be treated by him if you have lung problems. I am pleased to hear that he is still working at Nanaimo hospital.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2015

Dr. Ronald has been treating me since my original diagnosis in 2007. I have to agree with most of the comments here, just a great Doctor and person. Always seems to be genuinely interested in you and your lifestyle!! The only negative has been overcome with the new office and staff.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2015

Excellent! Should get 10 stars out of 5! He only thinks of the well being of others. If you have him for a doctor you are one lucky dude!

flag | Submitted August 5, 2015