Ratings for Dr. John Ronald

I have been a patient of Dr Ronald for 2 years ..his manner and care is absolutely awesome.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr Ronald for about 4 years. I have been incredibly impressed with his care. My score on staff is only a 4 because i have nothing to base a judgement on yet.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2016

Dr. Ronald was very helpful in my follow plan up to determine how to proceed with my situation . Willing to go the extra mile to cover all the bases.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2016

I am a general practitioner new to Nanaimo and have found Dr. Ronald's work to be very thorough and helpful for the patients I have referred to him.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2016

Great Dr.! Nice to have to see someone with a sense of humor! Thanks again, feel great! Richard T.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2015

I believe Dr Ronald was with Doctors without borders in Africa just before he started working at Nanaimo hospital. I was lucky enough to get referred to him at that time. I have suffered from asthma since 1983 and have been treated by many specialists since then as well as being admitted to numerous hospitals in B.C. due to the asthma. I think I have have used most of the inhalers that are available, plus being on prednisone for over 20 years. Then I was treated by Dr Ronald. He put me on Advair and Spiriva inhalers. I am 85 so my memory of dates is not too good, but that must have been about 9 or ten years ago. Those are the only medications I have used since then. I weaned myself off the prednisone shortly after this, and since then it has been almost as if I do not have asthma. If it hadn't been for Dr Ronald I would probably still be being treated with various inhalers and medications. I think that he is an excellent doctor and advise trying to be treated by him if you have lung problems. I am pleased to hear that he is still working at Nanaimo hospital.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2015

Dr. Ronald has been treating me since my original diagnosis in 2007. I have to agree with most of the comments here, just a great Doctor and person. Always seems to be genuinely interested in you and your lifestyle!! The only negative has been overcome with the new office and staff.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2015

Excellent! Should get 10 stars out of 5! He only thinks of the well being of others. If you have him for a doctor you are one lucky dude!

flag | Submitted August 5, 2015

Misdiagnosed my cerebral hemorrhage as a migraine and discharged me from Campbell River hospital while he was doing a shift in emergency.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2015

Dr. John Ronald

Dr. John Ronald's response
I'm sorry to hear that your diagnosis was delayed but I don't work at CRH so it wasn't me--you've got the wrong doc....

Submitted January 12, 2015

Absolutely wonderful Doctor. I had a bad bout of pneumonia that lasted a lot longer than normal. Dr Ronald did testsand a scope and figured it out. He gave me back my breath.. Amazing care and attention to details. Can't say enough great things about his service. Thank you so much!

flag | Submitted November 24, 2013