Ratings for Dr. Charles J. Sprague

Dr. Sprague has seen both of my sons since birth. He is a wonderful pediatrician and makes me and the boys feel so comfortable. He is practical and understanding. He's always made me feel like I make sound parenting choices, even if some of them aren't "by the book". My youngest had to go in to the hospital at less than 2 weeks old for RSV and he was very supportive and reassured me things would be okay. He often calls within a day or so of seeing one of the kids to check on them. He's now out of the way for where we live, but I'll continue to drive across town to see him because the level of comfort we feel with him cannot be beat!

flag | Submitted September 17, 2013

Dr. Sprague has been a fantastic pediatrician for all 3 of my children, his nurses are wonderful also. Dr. Sprague spends a good amount of time with you at each visit and makes sure that all of your questions are answered. I would recommend him to anyone!

flag | Submitted October 18, 2012

Dr Sprague was our doctor when he practiced in Indiana. We had a foster child that we ended up adopting who had been SEVERELY abused. I have to say he was WONDERFUL with her. He was the only man that could even touch her without her shuttering. He was very encouraging to us and ALWAYS returned phone calls. He also saw our other daughter from infancy and was wonderful. We were very sad when he left. :(

flag | Submitted May 15, 2012

Dr. Sprague has been a fantastic pediatrician for my daughter. He always takes his time with us at our visits and really cares about any concerns that I have.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2012

misdiagnosed Strep throat ,My nephew was in pain for days and very sick . He said it was drainage from his nose and sent him home . the next day he went back to a medical center and was tested positive !!!! Bad doctor

flag | Submitted November 10, 2011

We switched to Dr. Sprague after my sone was misdiagnosed by another Pediatrician. Dr. Sprague always cares about my kids. My daughter cries every time because she doesn't like shots. Dr. Sprague takes the time to talk to her about it and explain if she does or doesn't need them. Several times Dr. Sprague has called me himself to check on my kids days after they have been seen. He genuinely cares about them. I don't care when he is running behind because I know he will take all the time we need when it's our turn without hurrying along. Great doctor!!!

flag | Submitted November 10, 2011

Dr Sprague is a knowledge common sense physician. He does not prescribe unnecessary medication. He spends time discussing the health of your child. The dialogue is give and take. His staff is friendly and helpful. His answering service is available 24 hours and you can make appointments for a sick child in the evening if necessary. The doctor leaves part of his schedule open for sick patients and I have never not been able to see him or one of his associates if necessary. Several of my family members and friends take their children too him and we are all extremely happy with his practice.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2011

We have been going to Dr. Sprague for almost 7 years. He is very easy to talk to, has a calm demeanor, explains things well, and my kids love him. He knows when to react in a serious manner and doesn't brush off any issues or concerns we have. There have been times where we have had to wait awhile to see him, but have realized that he can get behind due to emergency situations with his patients and I would want him there for us in the same situation.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2011

Dr. Sprague has been excellent with us. My son was born just a couple of weeks early at Lakeside but had breathing problems and had to be transferred to UNMC NICU. Dr. Sprague maintained contact with us daily while baby was in NICU (8 days) and returned phone calls I made immediately. He has been very helpful and very open with us about everything. I later found out he is also the pediatrician for my OB/GYN's children which reassures me that he is an excellent physician. I couldn't be more pleased with his care of my children.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2009

Dr. Sprague has been instrumental in the health of our children and family. His knowledge extends beyond the textbook and into real life and family. He is a realist and understands that kids are kids and family health reflects on the health of the individual. We have experience several difficult health issues with daughters at their birth. These issues were to the extend that we were surfing for solutions and options for our children. Dr. Sprague was aware of nearly everything we through at him. His understanding, knowledge, and recommendations aided in turning the difficult situation around to a healthly outcome. We have recommended Dr. Spraque to numerous friends for their children and upcoming children. No doctor is perfect thus medical science but Dr. Spraque comes close.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2008

Dr. Charles J. Sprague's Credentials

• University Of Nebraska College Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)

Workers Comp